Monk needs to go - Players

28 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Not sure chucking the entire squad under the bus is the right way to go.  He’s 100% correct in what he’s said but it’s no way to to get players playing for you.  This is where he needs the backing of Chansiri, get a few of the t wats out, pay up contracts if needed, if he doesn’t get that backing he’s done.  

Monk didn’t throw hold squad, he said the players who are far too comfortable and not fighting for the club. 

Oh wait..

18 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's defended them for over half a long season..if he had started spouting platitudes last night he'd have been a laughing stock and the support would have lost all respect for him..

...and who knows what he's been dealing with away from the touchline and the press conferences? 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Clear from last night that the majority have stopped playing for him. 

Although there are some major mitigating circumstances, Monk just can't keep throwing the players under the bus in front of him to take the blame.

Its terrible management and what happens is that even this set of leaderless mild mannered chuffs start sulking. He talks about the players as if he can get rid of them - he cant - that's playing to the crowd -  he should be playing the hand he chose to pick up.

While acknowledging the rotten choices he has up front, Monks created a bigger crisis to cover up his inability to motivate, poor tactics, shocking substitutions etc.

The way he is doing this never works.

I’ll have a few ounces of what you’ve been snorting 

• Like 1

The time to not throw the baby out with the bathwater went 3 years ago.

There are clubs out there stupid enough to buy Reach, Lees and Bannan. Heard it on good authority we have turned bids down due to DC's wierd family fetish. Make them available.

FF, Rhodes, Westwood, Winall, Nuhiu and Hutchinson all need making available on frees.

Palmer and Fox can go for nominal fees.

They stink of failure and have tainted the squad.

Enough is enough. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Andy30 said:

Too many need to go , Nowt to do with manager when Dave ( nowt against the guy ) is your best player and the only one who looks like he cares we are losing. Then it’s a big worry . 2-1 down 5 min injury time and they still carnt be arsed to move. Rhodes Smiling on sideline when he’s about to come on even tho just let a second goal in. Comical !! 

Which “dave” is our best player?

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The time to not throw the baby out with the bathwater went 3 years ago.

There are clubs out there stupid enough to buy Reach, Lees and Bannan. Heard it on good authority we have turned bids down due to DC's wierd family fetish. Make them available.

FF, Rhodes, Westwood, Winall, Nuhiu and Hutchinson all need making available on frees.

Palmer and Fox can go for nominal fees.

They stink of failure and have tainted the squad.

Enough is enough. 

We’re desperate for a new injection 

I think if Iorfa demanded a big fee he would have to go - hate to say it, but we need 10m to buy 5 players. We’re desperate, all over the park - money is required ASAP.

Bannan, Reach will get a nominal fee. That’s it.

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Monk is a solid if unspectacular Championship manager.
Of course he is not immune to criticism but any talk of changing manager is way OTT.
He has not brought in one player or any backroom staff, cant see another manager doing any better.

Absolutely.

Even so I dont think these players have earned the right to have a say on the managers position. We're still suffering the hangover from Carlos' holiday club type of management conceding power to certain players.

Only by changing the players and repairing the attitude of the squad as a whole can mentality change.

Monk has had zero chance to do this. It's like asking Monk to put together an ikea wardrobe with someone else's flathead screwdriver, when a cross head and alan key are needed and wondering why he cant do it quickly. 

Mistakes have been made, but I'll reserve judgement on Monk until he's hand chance to work with his choice of player. 

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re desperate for a new injection 

I think if Iorfa demanded a big fee he would have to go - hate to say it, but we need 10m to buy 5 players. We’re desperate, all over the park - money is required ASAP.

Bannan, Reach will get a nominal fee. That’s it.

Then we rebuild with frees.

The priority is to get the 6 or 7 around since the play off disasters out. Even if we take a haircut.

The finances due to mismanagement are goosed anyway.

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

...and who knows what he's been dealing with away from the touchline and the press conferences? 

This is the most serious concern for me.. there's been lots of gossip but nothing much factual.

The fact that the manager has lost his rag tells me he's cornered by something outside of his control.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Clear from last night that the majority have stopped playing for him. 

Although there are some major mitigating circumstances, Monk just can't keep throwing the players under the bus in front of him to take the blame.

Its terrible management and what happens is that even this set of leaderless mild mannered chuffs start sulking. He talks about the players as if he can get rid of them - he cant - that's playing to the crowd -  he should be playing the hand he chose to pick up.

While acknowledging the rotten choices he has up front, Monks created a bigger crisis to cover up his inability to motivate, poor tactics, shocking substitutions etc.

The way he is doing this never works.

FFS

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Then we rebuild with frees.

The priority is to get the 6 or 7 around since the play off disasters out. Even if we take a haircut.

The finances due to mismanagement are goosed anyway.

That's a fair point, nobody likes to lose money, but need to assess their value  now against what they contribute and how the money received could be spent in other areas of the squad. 

For me, paying players upwards of £20k per week to train and sit on the bench, in some cases not even make the squad is not value for money. 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is the most serious concern for me.. there's been lots of gossip but nothing much factual.

The fact that the manager has lost his rag tells me he's cornered by something outside of his control.

Excellent News. The Phantom Menace is upon us once again....

Maybe the players and Monk know what the points deduction is already and there motivation has been smashed?

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Excellent News. The Phantom Menace is upon us once again....

Maybe the players and Monk know what the points deduction is already and there motivation has been smashed?

It's still going through legal posturing as far as I know.. nothing would surprise me tho..

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm not one for the hysteria and rumours of football generally, but there are some troubling (if inconclusive) signs. And you're right, Monk's comments are likely the result of his frustrations spilling over about something. The recent inclusions of Urhoghide, Hunt and Borukov in the squad is also interesting.