Monk needs to go - Players

12 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

The player recruitment is to blame and has been from day 0

Far as I’m concerned give monk a transfed window two after this summer to clear out this dead wood

Maybe give chansiri a few lessons in club management too

Monk has no hope in transfer windows, his laptop was taken by the police. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Steve Bruce - "This is a big job. There's lots to be done. It's going to take time. We need to freshen things up. The core have been here 3 or 4 years. They're 3 or 4 years older. It's going to take time.Ideally there's five or six you'd like to get in."

HE'S RIGHT . WE NEED TO BACK HIM.  HE'S DONE WELL GETTING THIS TEAM TO 12TH. HE'LL NEED FOUR WINDOWS THOUGH STATE OF THIS SQUAD! 

Garry Monk- It's a big Job. We know that. It's going to take time. We'd like to get players in. 

GERRIM OUT BEFORE HE SIGNS ANYONE!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

in fairness snooty, we improved in the short term under bruce before he upped  and left, he was right and still is but he improved us with the team we had. 

for me monk has taken us backwards, he is right too, we do need new players but the difference is I trusted bruce to recruit. I really don’t trust monk to recruit. 

Aye though he was also allowed to bring in two Premier League Loan signings and a full transfer for Iorfa.

Not sure how we  know Monk won't be any good in his recruitment  if no one wants him here long enough to recruit?

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

mmmm well I had serious doubts pre appointment about this and watching him keep the same direct football with no target man since fletch got crippled doesn’t fill me with much hope that his transfer dealings will be any better than his tactics, 
and that’s without starting on the fact three previous clubs are questioning his recruitment techniques. But let’s not go there lol 

He wouldn't have been my choice.

Said so at the time.

Sooner or later though we're going to have to back someone to tear it up and do it right. 

He's in situ so why not give him a go?

We could spend a life time and a fortune hiring and firing looking for a manager with a magic wand. 

He's young. Knows the league and has drive. That's a starting point. 

The football isn't the best.

But then it wasn't under Jos. It wasn't under Carlos after 'Year One' and I think we're already rose-tinting the football under Bruce a bit.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

im with you on all of that apart from giving monk the budget, I just don’t think he can be trusted

But based on what?

we do have to get someone in to try and he is here now, but that doesn’t make it the best option. 

Who that's available is? 

I understand some fans have faith in him and everyone has their right to their own views I just believe if we I trust monk to rebuild we are wasting a chance to get a completely fresh start.

And then no doubt we will be talking about the next time we are able to dismantle the squad again when the next set of three year contracts run down.

But we have no idea who he'd bring in! They might put the best side we've had in decades together. 

We have absolutely no idea. Who's to say the next man would be any better. 

we need a forward thinking manager to move us forward, popular or not I just don’t think he’s the man. 

What exactly does this mean?

the alarm bells are here again ringing in our ears but we as fans here at wednesday are brilliant at ignoring it and keeping blind faith and loyalty.  problem is that hasn’t served us well for at least the last two decades. 

I think most of us heard the alarm bells ringing a while ago. Though there's not much we can do about it.

• Thanks 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but you can’t put this on Garry Monk. 

Personally, it’s been way too comfortable for this core group for way too long. It’s all down to DC with this big family thing that he’s tried to create. 

I think Monks done a good job - prior to the stoke game we were third and in my opinion we were there on merit. You could argue we could’ve had more points if we didn’t capitulate late in games. In my opinion, he was getting the maximum out of us.

But as soon as fletcher gets injured we collapse. We haven’t got the strength of depth up front and when you want your players to stand up and be counted in this period, they fall over like a pack of cards. Moreover, how many times have we conceded late in games this season? 

We have to back the manager and let him do his thing. After last nights outburst, I’m sure he knows what needs to happen in the summer - there needs to be a clear out. There needs to be a fresh group of young, driven players in on sensible contracts. I’ve had enough of the likes of Forestieri who can’t be assed and Westwood who won’t go on the bench because his ego is bruised. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I just don’t think he can be trusted, we do have to get someone in

I'm sure I've asked you this before we even had Monk as manager ...

Who do you want to see as Sheffield Wednesdays

Manager ?...

Not that I think we need anyone to replace Garry Monk ...

Hes the best manager we could have in this division in my opinion ..

Come on Rolly who do you want ?....

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

in fairness snooty, we improved in the short term under bruce before he upped  and left, he was right and still is but he improved us with the team we had. 

for me monk has taken us backwards, he is right too, we do need new players but the difference is I trusted bruce to recruit. I really don’t trust monk to recruit. 

Considering you were banging on about us being 3rd surely We improved in the short term under monk as well?

Maybe after a good start under Bruce we would have regressed back to mid table as well but we will never know as he left us for his “boyhood club”

My only concern about Monk is that he's managed five clubs in five years or thereabouts. Does this say something about those five clubs and the five squads of players or does it say something about Monk himself.

Not a criticism just an observation.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

sorry not quoting correctly  so bare with me snooty and I will do my best to answer. 

based on his previous transfer dealings which I have covered in much detail in other threads add to that the suspicions surrounding why he recruits certain players and it makes me worry. Sorry it does. 

Worried me Corky. I was the one who said I was worried he might be  spiv!

who’s available? Well I think we missed the boat with Cowley but that ship has sailed now, I think we should have done everything needed to get him, atm I think it’s not about who’s available but who we can get with upcoming potential even if it’s people rising from lower divisions. 

forward thinking manager ( what does this mean)?  For me it means someone who wants to build a club on footballing principles not sticking to tired long ball direct football, or someone who’s capable of having a plan if things do t go right, a pan b, c or d but to even have a plan b would be a start. 

See this is the thing isn't it. He took Swansea to their highest ever Premier League finish didn't he. Playing some good stuff.

He might play some decent attacking stuff here too. If given the time.

After last night showing at Wigan where we could make a simple 5 yard pass I can half see why he's playing the percentages until he can have an overhaul. 

it’s all a bit mute anyhow because Mr C has a record of being patient with managers, I just think we are missing a great opportunity to start fresh from top to bottom.

so we let him have a pop, then if it doesn’t work out we have to wait another 3-5 years before we get that fresh chance. 

It's a great opportunity if the right man is there. But getting the right man (outside the top managers in the game) is partly luck.. 

We'll just have to hope he surprises you.

That happens sometimes.

I was worried about Stuart Gray in the transfer market.

I mean he was the man who paid £4m for Rory Delap 20 years ago when that was a lot of money afterall.

But Gray surprised me. 

Westwood. Lees and Hutchinson all on free transfers.

Whatever their situations at present we've had our monies worth out of them. 

Some managers can spot a player. 

Maybe Monk can.

We have to hope he can as well with us not allowed to spend more than the cost of a bus ticket to town.

I've not read the whole thread

It's done me in arguing with people last night that were defending their favourites and pining the blame on Dawson and Monk, I've kept off Owlstalk all day because it's made me ill

I had two heart attacks last year that I'm still recovering from, and arguing with people blaming Dawson and Monk is taking it's toll, I bet these are the same people who were slagging Fox off not so long ago

I will say this and then I'm done for the night

When people say the manager has lost the dressing room, what they really mean is, the players don't care enough to play for the club that pays their wages

For me, it's all about the shirt, I don't care if these wonkers ever play for this great club again

What they probably don't realise is, for most of them, this is the biggest club they will ever play for in their lifetime

We're Sheffield Wednesday, if you don't want to play for us, fuuck off out of my football club

I just hope Monk is given the support, and the time to clear these set of charlatans out

Peace

0.png.316e639734618039e765ab906aa0cd53.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We aren't performing.

Haven't had an issue with suggesting the manager needs to go.

Something tells me this manager needs supporting.

The same players keep failing for different managers.

Is it weak from Monk to call out those not up to the fight or is it saying how it is.

Give him the ability to clear the foookers out

After the tantrums, by Monk last night, and on here today, perhaps we should get back to the football. The players are not world beaters, they’re pretty average really. More to the point, our lack of credible options up front, means that we are probably where we should be. Add a mediocre manager into the mix, and why people would expect us to be doing much better than we are, I don’t know. So, once we’ve established that we have an average team, and manager, we need to think about how we can improve things. We are still in the window, just, and Monk has opportunity to address our shortcomings. Prior to all this hysteria, we were talking about what we needed in this window, let’s just get on with that

Edited by gurujuan
  • Haha 1