Monk needs to go - Players

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The fact that the manager has lost his rag tells me he's cornered by something outside of his control.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

That's a fair point, nobody likes to lose money, but need to assess their value  now against what they contribute and how the money received could be spent in other areas of the squad. 

I’m worried that these two could be linked. DC doesn’t seem to want to get rid of players if he can’t recoup something against what he paid out - and if you’ve paid out too much over the course of their contracts, no offer is going to look appealing. 

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Excellent News. The Phantom Menace is upon us once again....

Maybe the players and Monk know what the points deduction is already and there motivation has been smashed?

It could be that some of those players who are out of contract this summer know that they will be on their way regardless or simply can't wait to leave. Or maybe certain things have been assumed from the contract offers to the likes of Dawson and Fox that have been absent in other cases?

There is a reason that clubs normally don't disclose that kind of thing until the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m worried that these two could be linked. DC doesn’t seem to want to get rid of players if he can’t recoup something against what he paid out - and if you’ve paid out too much over the course of their contracts, no offer is going to look appealing. 

Yes..it may well be that Monk has no leverage with certain players because they know they're not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

It's still going through legal posturing as far as I know.. nothing would surprise me tho..

Just read Monks comments from last night. He's bang on the money. I could have gone to Wigan last night, but I knew our players wouldn't fancy it last night after the big game on Friday. 

That's how it's been for several years now. Our key players pick and choose which games they fancy turning up too. They don't even turn up too some of the games at Hillsborough. 

Hopefully we can move some players on in the next 48 hours. 

I rather tend to Nero's view on this. 

I have no view on last night. But so far simply on what I have seen, which is all of Monks home games save Hull and second half Blackburn, I wouldn't have faith in him as a manager who can turn things round. The evidence isn't there. Last night's outburst may be understandable but it is hardly a solution

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

It could be that some of those players who are out of contract this summer know that they will be on their way regardless or simply can't wait to leave. Or maybe certain things have been assumed from the contract offers to the likes of Dawson and Fox that have been absent in other cases?

There is a reason that clubs normally don't disclose that kind of thing until the end of the season.

This is the real reason isn't it? We've seen this before under Chris Turner when Alan Quin, Derek Geary's contracts ran down. 

stop blaming monk , do you think this shower under pep, Klopp would suddenly turn into a class team? cause not . a month ago we were 3rd but every one of us with sense knew we weren't  anywhere near a top 6 team ,once fletcher got injured we have totally capitulated ,when joao and hooper left I said we needed a quality striker signing ,I said fletcher was always going to get injured , and he wont rush back I can assure you he knows that he wants a new deal in summer here or elsewhere so that leaves us with by far the worst strikers in the league nuhiu,rhodes,winnall , when monk used a 451 system he got slated but he used it because over xmas we played 442 with those strikers and were as bad as ive ever seen us ,stoke mauled us . then theres our laughable midfield with mr midget the driver again that midfield last night must be the worst in the league ,so exactly what with whats available could monk do? he even brought moses back even though he don't rate him at all purely cause he had no option , that kid or any of the kids from the u23s are just nowhere near good enough ,even borokov who surely is getting released in summer is getting on bench yet he is only been sub in our very poor u23 team lately . point im making Is what can monk or any manager do with that shower?.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

there is such a thing as proving your worth a new contract either here or elsewhere, we all remember jj don't we 2nd half of season when his contract was running out . I doubt any player has been told there not getting a new deal , though some like moses and Rhodes will know that the club will let them go now if another club comes in and offers to take there contract on , regards Rhodes that's not possible on 40k a week. 

I sympathise with Monk with some of rubbish he’s inherited, need a massive clear out, but until then he’s got to find a system that works with what he’s got, to make us competitive n he’s not doing it. He just doesn’t look like the kind of manager to motivate a player. We should at least be solid at back.

Iorfa had Moore in his pocket all match, he didn’t have one shot. Fox gets injured, what’s he do? Moves Iorfa to right back! Defence was all over place! Why not Just bring another full back on to replace Fox ffs, tactical suicide

• Thanks 1

The big question for me now that monk has done this, is how does he get a side playing for the rest of the season? The players already look totally peed off, and his outburst last night will have finished them off. He can’t change the squad in the next two days. We are already on a terrible run of form and sliding down the league. How the hell is he going to stop that now?

i fear the worst. Said it last night he could take us down this year. If he is allowed to rebuild the squad he will take us down next year. The first decent manager to lose his job in the remainder of the season and we should move heaven and earth to get them in to rebuild in the summer.

14 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I rather tend to Nero's view on this. 

I have no view on last night. But so far simply on what I have seen, which is all of Monks home games save Hull and second half Blackburn, I wouldn't have faith in him as a manager who can turn things round. The evidence isn't there. Last night's outburst may be understandable but it is hardly a solution

Verily 

33 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re desperate for a new injection 

I think if Iorfa demanded a big fee he would have to go - hate to say it, but we need 10m to buy 5 players. We’re desperate, all over the park - money is required ASAP.

Bannan, Reach will get a nominal fee. That’s it.

If you’re chucking Bannan in the skip, we’ll have him.

Thanks.

PS - Bristol City fan. Your site automatically calls everyone a Wednesday fan.

Edited by Leveller

Think what Monk had to say was long overdue.

There are no excuses left for losing game after game by being second to every ball, failing to pass to a team mate and capitulating in the last five minutes.

Stick with Monk I say, make it clear he’s here for the long term and  If the players don’t like it, tough.
Look across the city and see what a strong manager can do, and what happens to players who don’t buy into his methods.

It will take time but the bulk of this squad have failed repeatedly. Their comfortable life is coming to an end along with their inflated contracts.

Just now, Plonk said:

The big question for me now that monk has done this, is how does he get a side playing for the rest of the season? The players already look totally peed off, and his outburst last night will have finished them off. He can’t change the squad in the next two days. We are already on a terrible run of form and sliding down the league. How the hell is he going to stop that now?

i fear the worst. Said it last night he could take us down this year. If he is allowed to rebuild the squad he will take us down next year. The first decent manager to lose his job in the remainder of the season and we should move heaven and earth to get them in to rebuild in the summer.

The problem is the players. Get rid of this pathetic midfield trio of Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson. They were not been good enough in 2015-2016 and certainly not good enough now.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Clear from last night that the majority have stopped playing for him. 

Although there are some major mitigating circumstances, Monk just can't keep throwing the players under the bus in front of him to take the blame.

Its terrible management and what happens is that even this set of leaderless mild mannered chuffs start sulking. He talks about the players as if he can get rid of them - he cant - that's playing to the crowd -  he should be playing the hand he chose to pick up.

While acknowledging the rotten choices he has up front, Monks created a bigger crisis to cover up his inability to motivate, poor tactics, shocking substitutions etc.

The way he is doing this never works.

Absolute garbage he's inherited a team of has beens

23 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

A good point, Monk did say he'd had discussions with the club, presumably DC about moving players out. Not too dissimilar from discussions Bruce eluded to I suspect. 

I hope DC listens. 

Edited by striker

That is the sort of outburst, usually made by a bad manager, shortly before he is sacked Heard this sort of thing many times from Monk, so thankfully we probably won’t have to put up with his dire tactics for much longer

Edited by gurujuan