Kieran Lee

Guest Ash76

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

No we didn't.

We lost, because we didn't compete from the 1st minute.

No team will win a competitive game of football, if they don't compete and do the basics correct.

I've just watched Liverpool and Man Utd. Now Liverpool are a fantastic side...but the main reason why they are going to win this Premier League at a canter, is there unrelenting desire, right through the side, to compete and win their individual battles. They are the 1st to every ball, they pry upon every mistake, they love working hard and winning that ball back. 

If Liverpool, one of the best side's in the World, feel as though they have to do those basics correct all the time, then why on Earth do our mediocre players feel they are too good for it?

To blame Monk solely for the defeat is as ridiculous as writing Kieran Lee off as "finished".

Maybe they can't do the basics right because the instructions they're sent out with are pish?

FWIW the players were cr4p AND Monk got completely found out yesterday. As with Jos his tactic seems to pin on the goal keeper and Bannon doing all the heavy lifting.

Yet the application of every player was criminal. A massive deficit of leadership, not a single fighter amongst them.

They should each forfeit a week's wages to charity. 

31 minutes ago, pussface said:

Maybe they can't do the basics right because the instructions they're sent out with are pish?

FWIW the players were cr4p AND Monk got completely found out yesterday. As with Jos his tactic seems to pin on the goal keeper and Bannon doing all the heavy lifting.

Yet the application of every player was criminal. A massive deficit of leadership, not a single fighter amongst them.

They should each forfeit a week's wages to charity. 

Fine... Monk's poo now as well. Last week his instructions were sublime, but this week, they were "pish". 

So that's Carlos, Jos, Agnew & Clemence, Bruce, Bullen (three times) and now Monk...that have all seen Jekyll and Hyde performances from this, essentially same group of players.

And yet, we still have fans that just won't see, that perhaps, the manager isn't always to blame. 

We'll drive another one out, and wonder why we going stand still and make no progress whatsoever. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

No we didn't.

No team will win a competitive game of football, if they don't compete and do the basics correct.

I've just watched Liverpool and Man Utd. Now Liverpool are a fantastic side...but the main reason why they are going to win this Premier League at a canter, is there unrelenting desire, right through the side, to compete and win their individual battles. They are the 1st to every ball, they pry upon every mistake, they love working hard and winning that ball back. 

If Liverpool, one of the best side's in the World, feel as though they have to do those basics correct all the time, then why on Earth do our mediocre players feel they are too good for it?

To blame Monk solely for the defeat is as ridiculous as writing Kieran Lee off as "finished".

Totally wrong

We setup in the same way to beat Leeds - we didn’t need to setup in that way 

Playing 1 up top against Blackburn at home, no wonder it kept coming back and we crumbled 

That, is tactical and that - is down to Monk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

No we didn't.

People are presuming Lee got hooked at halftime and therefore jumping on the bandwagon ,he actually took a bad knock or strain on his right shoulder for the second week running So that may have been the case 

• Like 1

There are one or two in this thread saying he’s finished and we need to release him. Blah blah.

He was very poor yesterday but the whole team was very poor. No one came out with any credit at all. Honestly, it looked like the squad went out on the lash on Friday night and they rolled in around 7am.

I thought Lee was excellent against Leeds in the previous match. Let’s see what happens from now until the end of the season. I don’t expect that we will play as badly as that again under Garry Monk. It was a horror show - one of the worst I’ve watched in my lifetime. 

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Totally wrong

We setup in the same way to beat Leeds - we didn’t need to setup in that way 

Playing 1 up top against Blackburn at home, no wonder it kept coming back and we crumbled 

That, is tactical and that - is down to Monk.

Drivel.

I watched Forest play at home today, against by far, the worst side in the division earlier today.

And guess what...they played one up front.

How negative!

There is nothing wrong with the system we played, in the sense of negativity or the standard of our opponents. The current top three sides in the division, all play with, almost always, one up front. Are they all negative?

If you'd have questioned playing with one up top, given we've not got a striker able to perform that role suitably, then I might have been inclined to agree.

But, your reasons, to unjustifiably and needlessly go out of your way to slag off Monk,  are so off the mark, it's laughable.

Lee has started 3 games in the last 11

We won away at Leeds and Brighton and got tanked by Blackburn.

Hardly doing badly since his return to the side

Throw in the fact that he’s got more assists than Palmer, and only one less assist than Harris despite playing well under 50% of our minutes this season 

Edited by McRightSide
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ash76 said:

What a great piece of business and servant to the club he has been but he’s finished here now I’m sad to say.

Has little influence on games nowadays and just seems to follow  the game. He doesn’t get close enough to the opposition and refuses to contest 2nd balls. 

He isn’t effective in possession anymore, and wants way too long on the ball. His first touch isn’t what it was either.

It’s sad too see but we’re now watching his time here come to an end and I think if he wants to carry on playing he’ll have to drop down a level.

Might be unpopular but I wouldn’t have him anywhere the first 11 again but I’ll remember him fondly when he inevitably does leave.

He was out best player last week wasn’t he ?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Why single out Lee, they were all a disgrace yesterday.? 

Not once in my post did I mention yesterday. 

My my opinion is not based on yesterday alone, it’s been formed over some time 

Edited by Ash76

9 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Not on his own was he ?

But what has he contributed over the last three seasons? Nothing other than a drain on our finances. Like Bannan he is lightweight and offers nothing out of possession. The way he was brushed off the ball and made little effort to get back and win the ball back was pathetic. Time to get rid. Players such as Lee and Bannan have been held up as ones that could do it in the Premier League. They can't even do it in the Championship. If they were that good you would see them dominate the midfield but as was the case against Blackburn go hiding and contribute nothing.

He's still not the player he was at the level he'd set himself. 

May not be quite fully match sharp or fit yet as he's still not making all those runs into the box or buzzing around like he used to. 

Maybe he's still not quite over the long term injury, but for me Im happy to give him till the end of the season and re assess, been out for so long must have left him way, way short of fitness and sharpness, it may take all season to get back especially not playing every week. 

21 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Drivel.

I watched Forest play at home today, against by far, the worst side in the division earlier today.

And guess what...they played one up front.

How negative!

There is nothing wrong with the system we played, in the sense of negativity or the standard of our opponents. The current top three sides in the division, all play with, almost always, one up front. Are they all negative?

If you'd have questioned playing with one up top, given we've not got a striker able to perform that role suitably, then I might have been inclined to agree.

But, your reasons, to unjustifiably and needlessly go out of your way to slag off Monk,  are so off the mark, it's laughable.

That’s because they have a player that can play lone striker......

We play it with Winnall......

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Ditch Lee, no where near good enough for this league NOW, bring Iorfa into the m/f to add drive and energy.

Harris   Bannan, Iorfa Louongo Murphy

Fox                 Borner         Lees.

Iorfa is a terrific player, but his first touch is dreadful. He could never be a CM. Takes him 3 seconds to bring the ball under control.

• Haha 1

I like Lee and think he has done very well for us and a bargain for nothing 

I'm sure the lad is just as frustrated at himself as most are 

They guy had best part of 2 years of his career taken from him ,with the form he was in pre injury he could have quite easily played for a lower prem team and now that's been took from him

Lee comes across as a player who loved the game and not init for money 

And will be guttered he lost his chance 

I'd give him til the end of the season then let him go 

Wish I'm well for the rest of his career and look back and think we have had worse players steal a living off this club 

On 19/01/2020 at 09:02, Ash76 said:

What a great piece of business and servant to the club he has been but he’s finished here now I’m sad to say.

Has little influence on games nowadays and just seems to follow  the game. He doesn’t get close enough to the opposition and refuses to contest 2nd balls. 

He isn’t effective in possession anymore, and wants way too long on the ball. His first touch isn’t what it was either.

It’s sad too see but we’re now watching his time here come to an end and I think if he wants to carry on playing he’ll have to drop down a level.

Might be unpopular but I wouldn’t have him anywhere the first 11 again but I’ll remember him fondly when he inevitably does leave.

We were saying similar a few weeks ago when he looked off the pace and was getting knocked off the ball too easily. He may get some of his old mojo back, but like you said, most likely at a lower level. I can see quite a few players going in the summer if we can afford to replace them, but will be sad to see Lee go. He has been amazing for us for a long time now.