Kieran Lee

Guest Ash76

What a great piece of business and servant to the club he has been but he’s finished here now I’m sad to say.

Has little influence on games nowadays and just seems to follow  the game. He doesn’t get close enough to the opposition and refuses to contest 2nd balls. 

He isn’t effective in possession anymore, and wants way too long on the ball. His first touch isn’t what it was either.

It’s sad too see but we’re now watching his time here come to an end and I think if he wants to carry on playing he’ll have to drop down a level.

Might be unpopular but I wouldn’t have him anywhere the first 11 again but I’ll remember him fondly when he inevitably does leave.

Guest wilyfox

Had his day - like so many here - but we keeping persevering with and expecting from. We can evolve when DC finally realises he must trade players. His stubborn approach has held us back for 3yrs and counting. 

14 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

What a great piece of business and servant to the club he has been but he’s finished here now I’m sad to say.

Has little influence on games nowadays and just seems to follow  the game. He doesn’t get close enough to the opposition and refuses to contest 2nd balls. 

He isn’t effective in possession anymore, and wants way too long on the ball. His first touch isn’t what it was either.

It’s sad too see but we’re now watching his time here come to an end and I think if he wants to carry on playing he’ll have to drop down a level.

Might be unpopular but I wouldn’t have him anywhere the first 11 again but I’ll remember him fondly when he inevitably does leave.

This coming a week after he had a great game away at Leeds.

Why does everybody have to be so reactionary?

Why is balance and rationale, seemingly redundant these days amongst football fans?

He had a really poor game yesterday, as did another 12-13 players. Why single him out? Odd.

• Thanks 3

He wasn’t anywhere near back to his best vs Leeds or Brighton.

I’m talking about him generally. He’s one of those players who’s flaws will be seriously exposed in a poor team performance but they’re still apparent even when the team is playing well.

If we’re to continue with 3 in midfield then one has to be Hutchinson or Pelupessey with Bannan and Luongo in front. 

He he wouldn’t get in my starting 11. We can’t be sentimental about this 

32 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Rubbish. If used correctly Lee is good enough. 

1 minute ago, Kraschenbern said:

All about opinions ain't it. For me I'd have a fit Lee in a midfield three with Hutch and Luongo. Personally think Bannan is what's holding us back. I know that will be an unpopular opinion on here. 

Habe a look at assists and chances created per game game for each of them and you’ll see what that will do to us. Madness 

Problem with Bannan, just to try and justify what many of you think was an insane post, is that he offers no defensive cover, and when he has a DM behind him he still refuses to play further up the pitch. Having hutch in playing that role, would allow Lee and Luongo to push on as well as the full backs as Hutch can slot in at center half to make a three when needed. Bannan cant do that. The space between midfield and attack is acres. That's down to Bannan. Has been since he moved to CM regularly. We wont progress while Bannan is still playing for us. Everything goes through him and frankly for the amount of the ball he sees, he's actually pretty ineffective. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

Problem with Bannan, just to try and justify what many of you think was an insane post, is that he offers no defensive cover, and when he has a DM behind him he still refuses to play further up the pitch. Having hutch in playing that role, would allow Lee and Luongo to push on as well as the full backs as Hutch can slot in at center half to make a three when needed. Bannan cant do that. The space between midfield and attack is acres. That's down to Bannan. Has been since he moved to CM regularly. We wont progress while Bannan is still playing for us. Everything goes through him and frankly for the amount of the ball he sees, he's actually pretty ineffective. 

Highest assists in the Championship in 2019 tells a different story.

Alongside that he is by far and away our leader in most offensive midfield stats

He is still ok with the right players around him, he certainly gets closer to the opposition and intercepts more ball than our so called superstar. He is more than willing to get forward and indeed that seems to be his first thought rather than a lot of our players who would rather turn back. He is the  type of player who likes to play  short with others but we are a long ball side at the moment.

He did not have his best game yesterday but defensively we were playing with 9 men, BB was marking the ref as usual. I think any midfielder (Luongo will be the next one to get stick) will struggle playing with Bannan. 

Someone will trot out the assists of BB blindly but could it be the case that if say Reach took all free kicks/corners/penalties  and all the play went through him he might have more assists.  BB playing where he decides is killing us, anyone sat in the North or South will notice his lack of positioning out of possession week in week out. It is perhaps less noticeable on tv as he is often out of the picture when we are under the cosh. The notion that teams man mark him is utter rubish, Holtby simply picked him up when he was nearest man then just marched off to score two goals.

KL is not the issue the superstar that no one wants to buy playing deep is the real issue.

Need to persevere a bit longer.....next few games will tell........then sadly it might be ta-ta......thanks for the great memories.......he cannot become an undeserved target for criticism or worse still an  Abdi 2.........and same with Hutchinson......enough is enough......vastly over-rated.....we are top heavy with egotistical "living on previous hero" status....FF...KW...AR...JM...JR...time to clear the decks

Massive fan of KL but do know what you mean.

However, he was, and still is the most intuitive, intelligent midfielder we have unfortunately.

No one else makes the kinds of forward runs he sees and makes (with and without the ball,) or those short penetrating passes that he can see and make to unlock a well organised defence.

Without a player like him in the side we struggle so much to link defence and attack. Hutchinson and Bannan, both very good players in their own right, have us playing impossibly deep at times when playing together.

Luongo looks decent but is nowhere near as good as Lee at what he does best.

Really difficult conundrum.