Kieran Lee

Guest Ash76

Guest The Horse

Lee was pretty much left on his own to run an entire midfield.

Reach and Murphy were hugging the wings and Bannan was mucking about with the defence.

This didn't really change even after Luongo got sent off leaving Lee with an impossible task.

Reach tried to help out but their No.2 was having a right laugh down our left side so he spent a lot of time helping Fox albeit to no avail.

Murphy was daydreaming in his own world on the right.

Lee was left up poo creek on Saturday.

6 hours ago, The Horse said:

Lee was pretty much left on his own to run an entire midfield.

Reach and Murphy were hugging the wings and Bannan was mucking about with the defence.

This didn't really change even after Luongo got sent off leaving Lee with an impossible task.

Reach tried to help out but their No.2 was having a right laugh down our left side so he spent a lot of time helping Fox albeit to no avail.

Murphy was daydreaming in his own world on the right.

Lee was left up poo creek on Saturday.

How many midfielders are we going to right off because they look poor when partnered (use that term loosely) by Bannan. Whilst Bannan is without doubt one of the best players in our team and in the league, when he goes missing very good players are left to do the work of two men and end up copping the stick when they fail. 

Bannan needs to stand up and be counted in the centre of the park and allow the team to do better rather than him going where he has an easier game. 

8 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I like Lee and think he has done very well for us and a bargain for nothing 

I'm sure the lad is just as frustrated at himself as most are 

They guy had best part of 2 years of his career taken from him ,with the form he was in pre injury he could have quite easily played for a lower prem team and now that's been took from him

Lee comes across as a player who loved the game and not init for money 

And will be guttered he lost his chance 

I'd give him til the end of the season then let him go 

Wish I'm well for the rest of his career and look back and think we have had worse players steal a living off this club 

He’s one of the best we’ve had in the 20 years outside of the Prem

Gave his all for the cause and has scored some absolutely blinders in big games 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Iorfa is a terrific player, but his first touch is dreadful. He could never be a CM. Takes him 3 seconds to bring the ball under control.

I don't want him to be the 'General' in midfield, just to give the midfield some energy and drive plus a physical presence to dominate the opposition.

Let the ball players do their thing.

7 hours ago, Philb125 said:

How many midfielders are we going to right off because they look poor when partnered (use that term loosely) by Bannan. Whilst Bannan is without doubt one of the best players in our team and in the league, when he goes missing very good players are left to do the work of two men and end up copping the stick when they fail. 

Bannan needs to stand up and be counted in the centre of the park and allow the team to do better rather than him going where he has an easier game. 

When does Bannan go missing?

He goes beyond “showing for the ball”, he all but demands the ball. 

Our problems are elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

When does Bannan go missing?

He goes beyond “showing for the ball”, he all but demands the ball. 

Our problems are elsewhere.

I disagree. 

His showing for the ball as you put it, is him retreating from where he should be and vacating his position meaning Lee, Jones, Joey, Hutch... whoever ends up trying to occupy the entire centre of the pitch. 

I agree he goes behind, but him going behind Borner whilst Borner brings the ball out or whilst Borner steps in to make the challenge is to the detriment of the team and to who ever is by his side.

We have other problems too, but us not having a functional midfield is up there with the worst of them. I’m not saying he can’t play there just far too often he’s dropping deep / going missing. 

On 19/01/2020 at 13:46, Ronnie Starling said:

Unbelievable the protection Lee gets on here compared to other players. He was shocking again yesterday as he has been the majority of the season when he has played and it's time to say thanks and goodbye.

Almost as unbelievable as the protection Hutch gets despite being a flipping liability.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
47 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Almost as unbelievable as the protection Hutch gets despite being a flipping liability.

Hutch was the only decent outfield player in Saturday’s debacle 

On 19/01/2020 at 09:02, Ash76 said:

What a great piece of business and servant to the club he has been but he’s finished here now I’m sad to say.

Has little influence on games nowadays and just seems to follow  the game. He doesn’t get close enough to the opposition and refuses to contest 2nd balls. 

He isn’t effective in possession anymore, and wants way too long on the ball. His first touch isn’t what it was either.

It’s sad too see but we’re now watching his time here come to an end and I think if he wants to carry on playing he’ll have to drop down a level.

Might be unpopular but I wouldn’t have him anywhere the first 11 again but I’ll remember him fondly when he inevitably does leave.

it was a nice gesture to reward him with a years contract but he was never going to be the same great player as he was before injury.

31 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Our midfield has contributed the following goals against games during their time at Wednesday

Hutchinson 146 games 4 goals

Bannan 179 games 9 goals

Lee 193 games 21 goals

Reach 157 games 16 goals

That return is simply not good enough

that really is a shocking return. So important we get some players that can actually score goals in the team, without Fletcher we need players from other positions to chip in with the goals because I seriously doubt any of the remaining strikers will score on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Our midfield has contributed the following goals against games during their time at Wednesday

Bannan 179 games 9 goals

Lee 193 games 21 goals

Reach 157 games 16 goals

For a player of Barrys ability, 9 goals is diabolical.

If that stat doesn't prove he sits too deep, I don't know what does. Also explains why he doesn't play at a higher lever.

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

it was a nice gesture to reward him with a years contract but he was never going to be the same great player as he was before injury.

We shouldn't be giving out contracts as a nice gesture!!!
I can see the viewpoint that it was worth the gamble giving him another year but in my opinion he has not done enough to stay beyond end of the season so far.
At moment would also let Hutchinson go. 
Think Bannan and Tom Lees have something to offer and would be wary of making too many changes.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Bannan 179 games 9 goals

Lee 193 games 21 goals

Reach 157 games 16 goals

Sorry but those stats simply aren’t true. I know this for a fact as I repeatedly read on here that reach is a waster who offers nothing and bannan is class and we would be nothing without him.

• Haha 1