Luongo red card

Guest Theboylangers

Just seen it back

Never a red

The Blackburn player goes sliding in, Loungo kind of half arsed tries to get the ball,and the cheating sh*thouse rolls around first clutching his thigh and then his shin and gets him sent off

Ludicrous decision 

14 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

True we were awful but the sending off definitely killed the game & any chance we had of turning it round. B’std ref. 

No way, with ten men at home and  one nil down a draw was more than achievable.

No reaction from the payers or from the management.

DC shouldn't pay any of them for that offering thats includes Monk.

It was a very poor decision.  I expect that we will appeal and the red card will be overturned.

I’m disappointed at how meekly our players just accepted the sending off.  Other clubs would have surrounded the ref and complained until their faces turned blue.  Where’s the fight?

But let’s pretend that the sending off gave us no chance of getting anything out of the game.

We were f*cking awful when we had 11 on the pitch and totally capitulated when down to 10 players.  No one else to blame but ourselves for that.

59 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Best bit of today was when Bannan got retribution on Travis in 2nd half and floored him and whilst he was laying on the floor pretending to be injured again Bannan walked back over looking like he was going to apologise to him but just stood over and said something to him. Love to know what he said he looked angrymad.

That was a yellow card every day of the week.

But he didn't give one.

Why?

Because he will have looked at the red card incident at half time and been embarrassed.

If Luongos foot had been on the floor he'd have been carried off on a stretcher with a broken leg. Their player was studs up and out of control. Luongo has swiped for the ball late and possibly caught him. No stamp even though the ref said it was. I hope we appeal. 

The red card didn't lead to us losing, I reckon we were gonna do that ourselves, but I'd say it led to the 5 nil. 

59 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The game was already on life support. Red or not we were losing that game today.

with 11 players we might have got away with losing 4-0 today . we are as bad as any team in the football league at home and I doubt many teams in league 2 have as poor a strikers as winnall nuhiu and Rhodes what team or manager get a winning team when that's the kind of rubbish to choose from up front , then we have forestieri  stealing a wage 

If that’s a red card and not rescinded then roll up football and put it away in the back of the cupboard 

The red didn’t kill us but the nature of the 2nd goal soon after def did, we dropped and they thought it’s our day let’s go for it. After that it was our players heads were scrambled. The worst thing for me was the 4th yet again we can’t defend a corner!

heard talk sport on radio and that bloody neil leeds redfern said it was an awful challenge by llongo and deserved a red card , I like 99.9% of the crowd was gobsmacked by red card looked at replays several times and there player had studs high at the very most it was a yellow card , lets hope neil leeds redfern aint the one deciding if it should be recinded or not. 

I said before the game that this ref was card happy, 59 yellows in 15 Championship games. He set his stall out early by booking Borner for an innocuous foul and minutes later sent Luongo off for that.

It didn't look anything like a red to me at the game, but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in case it was a worse challenge than I thought. But I saw a poor quality video of it at HT and having now seen it properly on SSN it's an appalling decision. The ref indicates a stamp, but to show a red he has to be 100% sure it was one - but how can he have actually seen a stamp when there wasn't one? 

Its actually giving a strong case for VAR in the Championship- the implementation of it in the PL has been poor but it does at least get the vast majority of decisions correct, eventually. The refs at our level need it more because they're incompetent and don't get basic decisions correct. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

heard talk sport on radio and that bloody neil leeds redfern said it was an awful challenge by llongo and deserved a red card , I like 99.9% of the crowd was gobsmacked by red card looked at replays several times and there player had studs high at the very most it was a yellow card , lets hope neil leeds redfern aint the one deciding if it should be recinded or not. 

He’s a bell and a very limited individual. He’s probably just upset that Leeds have capitulated again. If he wants to know what a red card is like, maybe he should look at the kalvin Phillips challenge today. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s a bell and a very limited individual. He’s probably just upset that Leeds have capitulated again. If he wants to know what a red card is like, maybe he should look at the kalvin Phillips challenge today. 

the only I good today is leeds lost and there best player is getting a 3 game ban . sounds like a very bitter man does redfern. nobody during game said it was a red, no1 off internet said it was, then I hear him at 5pm on radio , what a d*ck. 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

the only I good today is leeds lost and there best player is getting a 3 game ban . sounds like a very bitter man does redfern. nobody during game said it was a red, no1 off internet said it was, then I hear him at 5pm on radio , what a d*ck. 

Absolutely. The irony is that the kalvin Phillips challenge is one of the worst I’ve seen in a very long time. The qpr player is lucky that kalvin has just missed his standing leg otherwise that is a career ending injury. Phillips should get a 6 game ban for that. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely. The irony is that the kalvin Phillips challenge is one of the worst I’ve seen in a very long time. The qpr player is lucky that kalvin has just missed his standing leg otherwise that is a career ending injury. Phillips should get a 6 game ban for that. 

Hoilett got a yellow for a worse  challenge on Palmer the other week. 

Guest Theboylangers
11 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I said before the game that this ref was card happy, 59 yellows in 15 Championship games. He set his stall out early by booking Borner for an innocuous foul and minutes later sent Luongo off for that.

It didn't look anything like a red to me at the game, but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in case it was a worse challenge than I thought. But I saw a poor quality video of it at HT and having now seen it properly on SSN it's an appalling decision. The ref indicates a stamp, but to show a red he has to be 100% sure it was one - but how can he have actually seen a stamp when there wasn't one? 

Its actually giving a strong case for VAR in the Championship- the implementation of it in the PL has been poor but it does at least get the vast majority of decisions correct, eventually. The refs at our level need it more because they're incompetent and don't get basic decisions correct. 

To be fair, Borner took the guy out and took one for the team. Definitely a yellow.