I hope our supporters show a bit of patience today and not get frustrated if we go with just the one up front

We had this formation against Leeds, and also at home against Birmingham

It's a counter attacking formation designed for us to break quickly and get up and support

It worked well in the first half against Birmingham, as we played some lovely stuff, but we didn't take our chances, and Birmingham got an early second half lead

I know the onus is on us as the home team to dictate play, and I'm sure we will try to do that

This system with one up front works best away from home, or if you take a lead in a home game, which in turn makes most opposition come out a bit more which will leave space for us to attack with pace

Having said that I've seen teams come to Hillsborough this season and last, who go behind but still sit in until the last 20 minutes then they give it a bit of a go

Monk knows what he's doing, in the absence of Fletcher we have no one who really holds the line well, but if we show patience and get behind the team, this will be a big help

I know a fair few supporters do have patience, but we also have a fair few of the want it yesterday brigade who just come to moan

WAWAW

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Ferkorf
9 minutes ago, torres said:

If you go, you can do what you want for me.

Its the weirdos that moan on social media but don’t bother to shift from their front room that need to pipe down 

And how can you tell who they are via looking at their social media posts? Lol

35 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Your usual moan about armchair supporters. What would we do without it. 

Are we not entitled to an opinion?

of course you are and I can’t wait to hear it. 
Along with a review of a film you haven’t seen and an essay on a book you’ve not read. 

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Your usual moan about armchair supporters. What would we do without it. 

Are we not entitled to an opinion?

Why do you think it is that all professional football teams send scouts to games to assess future opponents  ?.

• Like 1

Personally prefer 1 up front away. When at home I prefer us to set up more attacking rather than try and catch them on the break. However with the current choice of strikers we have to pick from I can’t see more than 1 of them starting. Really hope we get a new striker or 2 in ASAP. Would probably start with Winnall, Nuhiu should not be starting any games imo. So much more of a threat coming on when the other team are starting to feel the pace of the game. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The only "social media" I use is Owlstalk. Some of it has sensible comments the rest I usually ignore. Don't know why I responded to your post cos it's the same every week..

Because you know I’m correct and it irks you. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think Monk should stick with one up today. Can't see a strong case for picking 2 of his 3 available striking options today. 

The only reason I can think of to go with two is because i'd have liked to play Rhodes, and he's not going to be effective at all up front on his own.    At least with Winnall he is a bit of a battering ram and drags the defenders about a bit.

But then again why change?   It doesn't give the players incentive to do well if they think they may be randomly dropped next game anyway.