Urhoghide should be seen as Palmer’s successor and not his replacement

13 hours ago, prowl said:

. Personally I'd keep him in for his home debut, let him get the taste for playing at Hillsborough, I'm sure he will be really well received by the crowd after his last 2 performances. Then I'd consider giving a couple of games on the bench.  Bring him back and give him another 4 or 5 games. By the time we get to the start of next season he should be well up for it.

What happens if you leave him out and palmer comes back and plays well .do you still him bring back regardless ......imo whoever as the shirt keeps it until such time he messes up be they 19 or 39 .

he's played in two of the most difficult matches of the season with Iorfa, Borner and Fox and kept clean sheets in both of them.

Regardless of who else is fit the same back four should start against Blackburn.

It's their shirt to lose.

• Like 1

I think the issue with Palmer is he’s not good enough for a team challenging the Top 6, that’s my view anyway. I think Hunt was a far better player for us than a lot of our fans give him credit for, and there are many players I’d have got rid of before him (Palmer included). It’s tough because he’s a local lad, and I’d love for him to do well, but I just don’t think he’s good enough and hasn’t performed well enough on a regular basis. 

Urhoghide has just played two games for us, away at Brighton and Leeds, on paper that’s as tough as it gets for us at the moment and he played brilliantly, he’s done enough to keep playing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I think the issue with Palmer is he’s not good enough for a team challenging the Top 6, that’s my view anyway. I think Hunt was a far better player for us than a lot of our fans give him credit for, and there are many players I’d have got rid of before him (Palmer included). It’s tough because he’s a local lad, and I’d love for him to do well, but I just don’t think he’s good enough and hasn’t performed well enough on a regular basis. 

Urhoghide has just played two games for us, away at Brighton and Leeds, on paper that’s as tough as it gets for us at the moment and he played brilliantly, he’s done enough to keep playing.

Agreed Benni

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

What happens if you leave him out and palmer comes back and plays well .do you still him bring back regardless ......imo whoever as the shirt keeps it until such time he messes up be they 19 or 39 .

Yes I’m generally in favour of this, all over the pitch. Perhaps I’d make an exception for Borner though, he’s such a calming influence, and we don’t look as secure without him. I can understand why Monk kept Lees in, but he doesn’t look comfortable on that left side, so for me, if fit, Borner always plays Should be captain also

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Cos they were worked until they were literally bones and they were burnt out?

Statistics of how many died are widely available online, unfortunately it is a lot.

How far are you going back here ? 

I worked in and around the steel industry for 30 years and dont ever recall the slave labour and death toll you speak of 

But if you want we can use any other occupation to make my original point regarding the modern cherubs suffering burnout after a few matches 

The young lad at Norwich came in last year and has kept his place throughout their promotion season and beyond. Reports of him being worth £20m now. If urhoghide is good enough and playing well enough then keep him in. He should only get better.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

,Borner always plays Should be captain also.......

Lees seams to have the respect of his team mates and every manager he as played under so why would they bin him   and if he's not playing bannan looks like he relishes the role ...  

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

Lees seams to have the respect of his team mates and every manager he as played under so why would they bin him   and if he's not playing bannan looks like he relishes the role ...  

I wasn’t intending to be disparaging towards Lees, who I think is an excellent defender. I don’t think he is comfortable on the left though The issue of captaincy is tricky. Lees who holds the job, has done little wrong, it’s just that, from what I’ve seen, Borner seems to have more attributes for the role. Plus, it looks as if it will be Iorfa/Borner going forwards, so Lees may not be starting too many games. A possible solution could be, Lees as club captain, and Borner as team captain