Atdhe Nuhiu

26 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

In all my years of supporting Wednesday, he's probably the one player you could call 'marmite'.The majority love him for his effort, intelligence and occasional 'worldies'. Yet others see him as slow, lumbering and inconsistent. I wish the haters could see what I see, but they never will, and that's their perogative. Atdhe is an enigma, but someone I'd always want in my squad. He offers that something different that unsettles defenders and worries opposition managers. He is what he is, and I'd rather have him with us than against us. Plus he always stuffs L**ds ! 

One of the 'haters' that sits near me actually said a couple.of weeks ago "if he scores I'll cheer the goal but I'll never cheer him".

4 goals in a row all in injury time must be a pretty rare feat. Don't know if anyone can remember any player doing this?

In total, today was his 11th goal for us in injury time. I reckon that must be a record for Wednesday, bearing in mind they only really started playing injury time properly towards the end of the last century.

They've not all been 'icing on the cake' goals like today's either. Has included:

- Winner away at Leeds in the snow

- Winner away at Rotherham in cup this season

- Equaliser away at Rotherham in league (when Kieran Lee then got the winner in 98th minute!)

- And equalisers at Blackburn (3-3), Watford (1-1), Ipswich (2-2) and, this season, at home to Fulham (1-1).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Agreed. I've never slagged him, can never fault his attitude he makes the best of what he has.

Great attitude like you say, he plays for the team not himself. And his fitness record puts the rest of our strikers to shame.

Very handy squad player to have around. And is on pittance compared to the big earners, and once again never seems to complain about it.

don't know about that 1 , when he got his new deal he scored something like 10 from jan till end of season and a few clubs wanted him ,he might not be on the 30-35-40k a week what forestieri fletcher Rhodes are on but at a guess he be on something like 18k a week which is now the most we have paid in past 2 years on new signings/wages. he certainly splits opinions ,I would no way start him but he certainly has his uses in the 2nd half. 

Guest LittleG
12 hours ago, wednesdaylander said:

In all my years of supporting Wednesday, he's probably the one player you could call 'marmite'.The majority love him for his effort, intelligence and occasional 'worldies'. Yet others see him as slow, lumbering and inconsistent. I wish the haters could see what I see, but they never will, and that's their perogative. Atdhe is an enigma, but someone I'd always want in my squad. He offers that something different that unsettles defenders and worries opposition managers. He is what he is, and I'd rather have him with us than against us. Plus he always stuffs L**ds ! 

I agree with a lot of what you say but don't stoop to using the word "haters"  just because people have different opinions. For me you can't start with Nuhiu but in certain matches he is very useful to bring on for last 15-20 minutes.

Read some bizarre comments on social media last night and today about Nuhiu, people genuinely hating him , hating the fact he won us the game

‘I’ll cheer the goal but not him’ 

‘still worst player ever to play for us’

You absolute bizarre strange people 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Read some bizarre comments on social media last night and today about Nuhiu, people genuinely hating him , hating the fact he won us the game

‘I’ll cheer the goal but not him’ 

‘still worst player ever to play for us’

You absolute bizarre strange people 

Keep off social media, full of nobheads!

13 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

4 goals in a row all in injury time must be a pretty rare feat. Don't know if anyone can remember any player doing this?

In total, today was his 11th goal for us in injury time. I reckon that must be a record for Wednesday, bearing in mind they only really started playing injury time properly towards the end of the last century.

They've not all been 'icing on the cake' goals like today's either. Has included:

- Winner away at Leeds in the snow

- Winner away at Rotherham in cup this season

- Equaliser away at Rotherham in league (when Kieran Lee then got the winner in 98th minute!)

- And equalisers at Blackburn (3-3), Watford (1-1), Ipswich (2-2) and, this season, at home to Fulham (1-1).

That is what I was alluding to in another post. If you look back at his Wednesday career every goal he ever scores seems to be a very important one that wins or saves points. I used to have a similar feeling when reda played for us. 

Thing is if we play 442 Nuhiu starts at the moment.

He started games at side of Fletcher and has done well.

I assume we were looking at Wickham prior to Fletcher’s injury with a view to pairing Fletcher and Wickham up front.

If we do sign Wickham then at the moment he would start him with Nuhiu if he wanted to go 442.

He doesn’t work as lone striker but get somebody who can run at the side of him and they become a handful.

Him and Joao usually worked

Him and Wickham would work 

They all like playing at the side of Nuhiu

Someone at work, a fellow season ticket holder, genuinely cannot bring himself to say anything good about him at all.

he does actually borderline hate him.

I just don’t get it.

I realise his scoring record is poor, and he can be slow and clumsy, but he also can change games , have a sublime touch, and opposition players, and managers, have said he is a handful.

Edited by upperwinngardensowl

Guest LittleG
20 hours ago, wednesdaylander said:

In all my years of supporting Wednesday, he's probably the one player you could call 'marmite'.

Better than calling him "Dave"

An enigma is our Dave.

Should win every header but just can't jump, then some games manages to beat 3 players with the ball at his feet. Got to love his loyalty and effort to the cause. 

I for one like him, does not mean i want him to stsrt each match though,  think sub is right for him seems to unsettle teams and changes our style of play for a short period.

Bit like Lee Chapman, never thought he was a great footballer but had a knack of scoring important goals every so often.

On 11/01/2020 at 21:56, Mister Soul said:

His goal was a delight but his pass to Murphy (for the first goal) between the 2 defenders was superb.

For me this is one of the issues with OT (not singling out you BTW Soul). Everything is either unbelievably brilliant or soul-destroyingly terrible. Or in this case a “delight” or “superb. In reality Nuhiu did well as a sub. He came on and made a difference. He made a good pass to set up Murphy and he took his goal well.