Atdhe Nuhiu

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Come on, for someone of his size he should win nearly every aerial battle. Ok might be a timing thing but frequently beaten by far smaller players. Not knocking him but could do better.

Its his size that means he can’t get up as he night like. He lacks athleticism, being 6’4 doesn’t automatically mean you can jump well 

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Come on, for someone of his size he should win nearly every aerial battle. Ok might be a timing thing but frequently beaten by far smaller players. Not knocking him but could do better.

Which part do you disagree about Ash? Could do better or should win more aerial challenges?

12 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Its his size that means he can’t get up as he night like. He lacks athleticism, being 6’4 doesn’t automatically mean you can jump well 

Think it should be a help? I'm 6.4 and certainly helped me outjump opposites.

Think it's one of the reasons most high / long jumpers are tall.

Anyway all about opinions...

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

99.9% of players are smaller than him.  So when he loses an aerial battle the overwhelming odds are that he will be beaten by a smaller person.

I doubt that there is any player that has won nearly every aerial battle.

Also, I would say that it is harder for a forward to win an aerial battle as they have to fashion something out of the high ball hit to them as opposed to a defender, which, to a greater extent, just have to get something on the ball to disrupt the attack. 

The advantage that Nuhiu has is his height and build and the disadvantage Nuhiu has is also his height and build. He’s an inch shorter than Peter Crouch but my guess is that Nuhiu is two stone heavier when at his peak physical condition. 

Nuhiu often get accused of being a lumbering lump and lacking pace but the fact is that there is a lot of him to get around the pitch. I think that, subconsciously, Nuhiu is compared to Crouch but the latter was an exceptional talent and such comparisons are unfair. 

Fair play to him he came on and made a big difference for 20 minutes....but its 20 minutes. He's been absolutely crap for the last few months and has proven over the years he's not good enough - we need to get better in on loan asap to cover Fletcher

Typical wednesday fans getting carried away, according to some Rhodes was gonna get 20 goals after his hat trick at Forest....look how thats panned out

And Winnall will deserve a new contract if he bags a couple against Blackburn etc etc!

22 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

For me this is one of the issues with OT (not singling out you BTW Soul). Everything is either unbelievably brilliant or soul-destroyingly terrible. Or in this case a “delight” or “superb. In reality Nuhiu did well as a sub. He came on and made a difference. He made a good pass to set up Murphy and he took his goal well.  

It seems to me this is happening increasingly these days. Subtlety and nuance are disappearing. Debate these days is to pick one polar opposite or the other, even if you know next to nothing about the subject, dig a trench and then defend your position to the depth regardless of what the balance of evidence subsequently points to. Apparently, it is much more important to be sure of yourself than it is to be considered or accurate.