Fletcher

59 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Desperate for a replacement now asap, can't bare the thought of a combination of Rhodes/Winnall/Nuhiu for the rest of the season.

We were desperate for another striker before this.

Gor me it’s 2 needed, but can’t us getting anything like the calibre of Fletcher and how he was playing without having to spend proper money.

Don't Celtic want Rhodes could we not do a swap for the rest of the season with Leigh Griffiths, he is coming back from injury but will offer us more up front than Rhodes and can play as one up front, given game time he will score goals and cannot be on much different to Rhodes we could give them Winnall as a 2 for 1 offer.

I would be saying other players but clearly DC and Monks plan is to do everything on the cheap and loans is all we will do, not invest in younger players we can grow and develop such as the lad from Crawley, so it limits the options for the money we want to spend.

For me at we should be investing in a player for this season and the season to come but you don't get that with loans.

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A good opportunity for Monk to change the dynamic of the side As good as Fletcher is, and he has been terrific, our style of play has been pretty limiting 

Not sure how we can change the dynamic of the side with Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall as the current options. 

Really feel gutted for Fletcher, he must have worked really hard to get into the shape he in. Sadly think this is the last we will see of him in an Owls shirt and probably screws him up for getting a decent deal elsewhere at the end of the season.

For us the club and the fans it's real body blow as he was the focal point of our attack and was miles better than anyone else we have in that position.

This injury may force us to play a different style with less emphasis on having a target man and play forwards with more movement. This would mean  players with pace like Harris and Murphy playing right across the front line rather than as out and out wingers.

Edited by A E Neuman NYowl
Sp
  • Like 1

Why the fk do we wait and wait to get players in ffs ... we’ve know since September that Fletch is the only bright spark up front.

We should have the players we want lined up ready for 1st Jan ... we could be playing with what we have until 31st and they’re all fkn useless!

2 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Really feel gutted for Fletcher, he must have worked really hard to get into the shape he in. Sadly think this is the last we will see of him in an Owls shirt and probably screws him up for getting a decent deal elsewhere at the end of the season.

For us the club and the fans it's real body blow as he was the focal point of our attack and was miles better than anyone else we have in that position.

This injury may force us to play a different style with less emphasis on having a target man and play forwards with more movement. This would mean  players with pace like Harris and Murphy playing right across the front line rather than as out and out wingers.

Wouldn’t be so sure. He has been offered a new deal. 

9 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Not sure how we can change the dynamic of the side with Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall as the current options. 

By realising that the transfer window opened on Jan 1st Every dropped point means it more likely we’ll miss out on the one thing Chansori is banking on to save us

Guest LittleG
Just now, gurujuan said:

By realising that the transfer window opened on Jan 1st Every dropped point means it more likely we’ll miss out on the one thing Chansori is banking on to save us

Not sure you've addressed my point but if you mean the one thing is promotion, then this was never going to happen if we were banking on our set of forwards to achieve this.

Guest LittleG
Just now, A12owl said:

Man City played without a striker the other night and scored 3 goals.

Do we have  Bernardo Silva

Or a de broyne or a sterling?

It's easy.

WTF:

Adam Reach - Bernardo Silva

BB- De Bruyne

Kareem Harris- Sterling.

Just now, LittleG said:

Not sure you've addressed my point but if you mean the one thing is promotion, then this was never going to happen if we were banking on our set of forwards to achieve this.

No I do see your point, and you are right, our current forwards, including Fletcher, were never going to get us promotion That’s why I’ve tolerated Monk’s poor football, because I hoped he change all that when the window opened. It’s disappointing that Fletcher has been crocked, but it does now present Monk with the opportunity to create a more dynamic attacking unit Hence the alarm when I see us linked with players like Gregory. It may be just paper talk, but at the moment, that is all any of us are discussing. I worried when Monk was appointed, that it was a very mediocre appointment. Others pointed to the way that he played at Leeds, and if he can use this window to remodel us, then great. Must say though, I have a nagging fear that he will model us on his Birmingham City side

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

If it had to happen, it was good that it happened this early in January.

Last game of the season would have been better, particularly if it was the play off final and he'd just scored a hat trick to put us 3 nil up. If it was the 89th minute it would be fantastic.

I have no sympathy with the club here 

Selling joao and relying on a injury proven fletcher and the 3 flops as forwards was always gonna be a daft risk

Its criminal that we went into this season with them as options 

4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling joao and relying on a injury proven fletcher and the 3 flops as forwards was always gonna be a daft risk

To be fair, its an extremely valid point. 

8 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

In fairness, the Joao deal was too good to turn down and Bruce leaving when he did buggered up our recruitment plans. 

I was critical at the time regarding the length of time to appoint a manager and had this been done quicker,  we could and should have done more, but then again, if no one wanted our expensive flops, what could we have done?

In circumstances where Bullen was left in charge, think the club were prudent not to bring in, maybe the wrong players, before appointing a manager.

Ultimately I do agree with the sentiment, we signed these players and they've been sat on expensive contracts contributing very little, so only ourselves and our recruitment strategy to blame  

Edited by striker
  • Like 1