Fletcher

The club need to recruit 2 decent strikers this window.  But surely they knew this anyway?

This something the club should have been sorting out over the weeks prior to 1st January.  So it’s concerning that we haven’t announced any signings at this point.

The rotten timing of Fletcher’s injury has just compounded how short on quality we are up front.

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Fletcher's injury is a crying shame, absolutely gutted.

Have to support the remaining strikers, no point saying they are useless. Winnall and Rhodes CAN do it, need them more than ever now.

They might score 1 or 2 each. They might have a few decent games but deep down we all know they are far from the consistency and quality that are needed to reach the play offs. Added ro that they don't have anywhere near as much effect in terms of being a nuisance to defenders. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

They might score 1 or 2 each. They might have a few decent games but deep down we all know they are far from the consistency and quality that are needed to reach the play offs. Added ro that they don't have anywhere near as much effect in terms of being a nuisance to defenders. 

I believe in miracles. Otherwise, what is the point?! lol

4 minutes ago, striker said:

A player I like, getting on in years but on loan would be a good deal. That said, Villa have their own injury crisis, so no chance they'd let him out yet, if at all. 

I think he may be out of contract in the summer so we could pick him up for not a lot if we decided to actually spend some of the cash. Something that must be done now with the loss of Fletcher. We still have the EFL issue so need to keep getting as many points as possible something that will not happen with reliance on Nuihu.

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

I suppose we have to get a name. Kodija, Bony to give us a chance of exciting everyone and taking that gamble. 

But if we want a work horse, who will run and run, Sam Baldock would apply himself more than most established "names" 

Personally, I'm sick of 'names' very rarely do they apply the necessary effort or score enough goals. 

We've gambled in the past and failed, I'm more interested in players in form now, not 5 years ago. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Personally, I'm sick of 'names' very rarely do they apply the necessary effort or score enough goals. 

We've gambled in the past and failed, I'm more interested in players in form now, not 5 years ago. 

Me too, and younger players, not old has beens The only time we gambled on a young striker, was Joao, and we got £8m for him

• Haha 1

As a side point from the issues with Fletcher and up front we need to get Iorfa and Borner starting at the back, if we cannot score goals we need to make sure we are not gifting any wit defensive errors and for whatever reason Lees in the team and not Borner has led to a lot more soft goals being conceded.

• Thanks 1