Fletcher

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Don't Celtic want Rhodes could we not do a swap for the rest of the season with Leigh Griffiths, he is coming back from injury but will offer us more up front than Rhodes and can play as one up front, given game time he will score goals and cannot be on much different to Rhodes we could give them Winnall as a 2 for 1 offer.

I would be saying other players but clearly DC and Monks plan is to do everything on the cheap and loans is all we will do, not invest in younger players we can grow and develop such as the lad from Crawley, so it limits the options for the money we want to spend.

For me at we should be investing in a player for this season and the season to come but you don't get that with loans.

My great nephews under 8 team are struggling for goals but even they turned down the opportunity to sign Rhodes. 

• Haha 1

Bad management again at wednesday. Gm should never have played Fletcher against Brighton. Gm has overplayed Fletcher all season and this is the consequence. Obviously Gm doesn't like Rhodes or winnal. I suspect Rhodes could score five goals in a match and still Gm would prefer someone else 

Fletcher was always going to get a bad injury

It's time to bring Borukov through. Given that Gm doesn't like winnel, Rhodes, who is there. 

Gm has treated Bates in same way. He's never had any intentions of playing him. 

At least one thing is constant at the club 

Lunacy!!! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Bad management again at wednesday. Gm should never have played Fletcher against Brighton. Gm has overplayed Fletcher all season and this is the consequence. Obviously Gm doesn't like Rhodes or winnal. I suspect Rhodes could score five goals in a match and still Gm would prefer someone else 

It's time to bring Borukov through. Given that Gm doesn't like winnel, Rhodes, who is there. 

Lunacy!!! 

Who would you drop for Bates ?bearing in mind he has featured in one game ? do you see his performances in training to justify starting him over Lee's / Borner or Iorfa ?

To me GM see's the effect playing Rhodes and Winnall does for the team and has not much choice but to go for Fletcher..  

Lunacy or wanting his best team for each game.

Little did we know when it finally looked like we had found a striking partnership at Forest  it would be the last time they started together!!!

Should have guessed , if this club didn't have bad luck it wouldn't have any luck at all 

Edited by the monk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure that Fletcher's performance this season has come as a surprise to most of us this season, so his being injured now does not make Monk a bad manager, and he certainly had nothing to do with the available replacements, so let's just get behind whoever he picks, and stick one on Dirty L**ds

:ghoulguy:

Looks like his time could be done with us. And, lets be honest, apart from this season, what has he done in the other three seasons? Just shows how much we have declined in the last three years to rely on Fletcher. Winnall and Rhodes are better finishers, but GM doesn’t have the tactics to get the best out of them, so they may as well go to. Big Jan for Mr. Monk. 

1 minute ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

I'm pretty sure that Fletcher's performance this season has come as a surprise to most of us this season, so his being injured now does not make Monk a bad manager, and he certainly had nothing to do with the available replacements, so let's just get behind whoever he picks, and stick one on Dirty L**ds

:ghoulguy:

Or the club work their rocks off in the next 24 hours to get a decent replacement in and don't leave it till the last hours of the 31st January like normal. we have 4 more games before the end of the month, 3 in the league and 1 winnable cup tie which we will not get a lot from with a strike force of Nuihu, Winnall and Rhodes.

But I agree lets hope we stuff Leeds

12 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Looks like his time could be done with us. And, lets be honest, apart from this season, what has he done in the other three seasons? Just shows how much we have declined in the last three years to rely on Fletcher. Winnall and Rhodes are better finishers, but GM doesn’t have the tactics to get the best out of them, so they may as well go to. Big Jan for Mr. Monk. 

Laughable, have been a critic of Monk, but he would be a miracle worker to get these two scoring on a regular basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Lunacy!!! 

The injury he got was nothing to do with being overplayed , it could have happened in the first match 

Real shame for Fletcher - he's had a great half of the season, gutted.

Think our only option now is 4-4-2 with Rhodes and Winnall paired together upfront. Nketiah now comes a viable option as without Fletcher we can't play one upfront with our current pool of strikers, so it gives Arsenal an assurance we'll be playing two upfront and Nketiah will be one of them.

Gutted for Fletch. Reminds me of the Gary Hooper situation a couple of seasons ago. He was on fire in the first half of the season, looked on course for twenty goals then suffered an injury that kept him out for the rest of the season.

Just thinking going forward that perhaps in the future we need to start looking to sign younger, hungrier and fitter players. It may take time to build a side but perhaps it’s something we need to do?

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Lunacy!!! 

All the indications and reports I've heard from those who follow the the younger teams suggest Borukov isn't ready. I'd love to see him come in and be our saviour but if we try him too early it could ruin the lad. If essential we could put him on the bench and give him the last few minutes of a couple of games but it is likely he will need loans at a lower level to progress.

We all love the idea of youngsters coming through like Urhoghide but sometimes they need more time.

I think that Monk bringing Urhoghide through shows he is open to playing the youngsters when they are ready. The fact that Borukov hasn't stepped up probably means it's too early.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Lunacy!!! 

Have you ever watched borukov.? I suggest you do then decide if you’d wa t him in our first team.