Fletcher

1 hour ago, prowl said:

All the indications and reports I've heard from those who follow the the younger teams suggest Borukov isn't ready. I'd love to see him come in and be our saviour but if we try him too early it could ruin the lad. If essential we could put him on the bench and give him the last few minutes of a couple of games but it is likely he will need loans at a lower level to progress.

We all love the idea of youngsters coming through like Urhoghide but sometimes they need more time.

I think that Monk bringing Urhoghide through shows he is open to playing the youngsters when they are ready. The fact that Borukov hasn't stepped up probably means it's too early.

Whoodjanikabollokov

7 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Well that's what you get for relying on a 32/33 year old with a history of niggling injuries.

And all for a 4th round cup draw away at QPR.

Yes, definitely, he really should have been rested for the Brighton game.

And, no, my opinion will not change, even if, against all odds; we manage to get a result at QPR.

4 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, definitely, he really should have been rested for the Brighton game.

And, no, my opinion will not change, even if, against all odds; we manage to get a result at QPR.

It was crazy picking him. I was very surprised. A major management blunder. SF is fragile and has been ever since he arrived. He had a chronic knee problem early on and maybe arrived with it.

10 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Really feel gutted for Fletcher, he must have worked really hard to get into the shape he in. Sadly think this is the last we will see of him in an Owls shirt and probably screws him up for getting a decent deal elsewhere at the end of the season.

For us the club and the fans it's real body blow as he was the focal point of our attack and was miles better than anyone else we have in that position.

This injury may force us to play a different style with less emphasis on having a target man and play forwards with more movement. This would mean  players with pace like Harris and Murphy playing right across the front line rather than as out and out wingers.

He has worked hard to get really slim and reduce the strain on his knees. But he should never been picked for that match. Bad decision.

Why are people so surprised, we were never going to get a full season out of him, yes he is a cracking player but so was Hooper and both have poor injury records.

Fletcher along with others would be out the door come the end of the season, there are better, younger players out there and his wages would go along way to moving the club forward.

And he is just as likely to get injured 5 minutes into the Leeds game or indeed in training. You can't wrap players in cotton wool. Monk already stated why he played him - to get his fitness back after a few games out. 

Injuries happen c'est la vie 

20 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Our other strikers absolutely need to step up now. 

I don't think that any of them have it in them to lead the line, without fletch we seem lost, only saviour can be a loan signing, who I don't know. 

Guest Bulgaria
On 09/01/2020 at 15:08, room0035 said:

Do we give the young Bulgarian lad a chance against leeds completely left field but you never know he might be what we need.

No chance, he has just started tiling my bathroom.

Should be back in Sheffield next month.