Forestieri reaction?

Was happy to give him a second chance after the Villa/Norwich nonsense, but imagine if we'd cashed in then - £12m and £25k a week off the wage bill - how much healthier position we might be in today

Said it time and again, but the biggest improvement our club needs to make is to sell players when we think their value is at it's optimum. We'll let Forestieri move on a free transfer in the summer having also paid his salary for 2 years minimum of absolutely nothing. That sort of business deal is suicidal.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

I would have been gutted had he gone in our first close season since signing him, the Norwich debacle changed my attitude towards him but I still hoped the situation could be sorted (it was an awful way from his point of view of going about getting better terms), in hindsight we should have let him go there and then, he stay since has been a complete waste for all concerned.

I said at the time of the Norwich saga we should sell him, I can remember being furious when some random bloke with Derby connections informed us that he wouldn't be in the squad for that game and he wasn't. In any line of business a £10-£12million return on a £3million investment over 12 months is tremendous, we could have gone out and got 3 top Championship players with that. 

1 minute ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I said at the time of the Norwich saga we should sell him, I can remember being furious when some random bloke with Derby connections informed us that he wouldn't be in the squad for that game and he wasn't. In any line of business a £10-£12million return on a £3million investment over 12 months is tremendous, we could have gone out and got 3 top Championship players with that. 

Yep. Good old DC

3 hours ago, Striggy said:

To be fair to the fella,  if you get kicked up hill and down dale and don't get protection from the officials, and if you get targeted for diving, and sent off for getting fouled, and fall out with your team mates, then get banned for retaliating to Macclesfield thuggery, then get cleared at court but get banned again, and don't often get picked when you are fit, then get injured, then get abuse from your own fans, then maybe your head does go down a bit.  Love him to bits, but think its time for a fresh start for him and us.  Will always be grateful for the good times but time to move on sadly.

Some reight rubbish talked here Mansfield not Macclesfield. lol VIVA FERNANDO !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Folk acting like we’ve not had our money’s worth out of him forget that he’s been a one-man soap opera for three years - not easy coming up with a new plot twist or cliffhanger ending every other week. BBC spent loads more on El Dorado and it was way more boring. The writing has been consistently innovative, daring and entertaining, just this side of TOO far-fetched.

Assuming the Villa/Norwich stuff was his obligatory ‘evil twin’ plot line playing out, now we’re just waiting to find out he has recurring Christmas amnesia and forgets how to kick for 3 weeks every year. Also he’s up the duff but not sure which of the lads done it.

Wonder how he’ll choose to write himself out of season 5 as his main story arc runs out of juice - not exactly the sort of character you can just replace with a completely different actor and carry on hoping nobody notices.

Personally I think he might go for the full Thelma & Louise with Winnall. Top of ski slope on BMXs.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Some reight rubbish talked here Mansfield not Macclesfield. lol VIVA FERNANDO !

yeah I addressed that next post lol It was not a bad effort, they both began with M

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Bit one sided this....Yes FF is a flawed character, done a few naughty things and his time is probs up, but he's South American ffs - he's bound to get his lip out if being overlooked.

That said I agree that his times probably up ...but lest we forget he....

Scored some amazing worldies in his time with us

Bagged 40 league goals in just 93 appearances

Compare that to the value we've had from JR...

Routinely frightens the poop out of defenders 

Had a undeservedly rough ride with officials & the EFL

Has been one of the most exciting and memorable players for some time 

Got kicked to next week and back most games with little or no protection

Never refused to take a penalty :ph34r:

Attended reserve / youth games in his own time

Sourced his own treatment when injured ( saving the club thruppence ha'penny out of the pitiful medical budget )

Boring myself now but he's not been half bad for us really even if we're done with him.

#shortmemories

#negaway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He"s hardly played this season but when fit should play ahead of the Three Stooges.   Even if his attutude is poor he puts more effort in than those three. 

If Fletcher is still unavailable on Saturday I dread what will happen.  Will we go back to Joss tactics and play without a forward?   

We need FF back for Saturday ironically.  Leeds will fall about laughing if any of the Three Stooges get a game. 

It's one of those for me, it's like having the best player in the world who never plays, it's pointless as he dosent add anything to your season apart from an odd moment of brilliance on a few occasions over the season. 

I'd rather have a good solid pro on less wages that puts 100% in and plays almost every single game and contributes week in week out to the team and results. 

There's the difference on why the piggies passed us on their way up. 

We signed too many of the first one, whilst they were signing the latter. 

Well he’s got about 4 months to prove us all wrong.  I don’t think he’s got the gumption to even do that. He’ll just fade away in a whimper.  Shame because he’s still got 2 or 3 years in him if he got his act together.