Forestieri reaction?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I lost all respect for him after he refused to travel to Norwich. He should have been sold then. 

That was my feeling too, and said so at the time. There was a definite shift in attitude after that first season. Both club and player have suffered for his behaviour and DC's stubbornness. 

38 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Not sure when his Christmas break is over, probably next month but it'll be interesting to see how our fans react to him, honestly I'm absolutely sick of him and his poor attitude.

Great player technically, probably on bar with Bannan for our most gifted player, But even when he's declared fit, he strolls around with his sleeves over his hands, head down, no reaction if we score a goal. That time when he was warming up and ignored Bullen and Weaver made me so angry. We've made him a millionaire and he's just completely took the mick out of this club since he refused to get on that bus in August 2016. No doubt he'll produce the odd moment of quality between now and May but I can't wait for him to leave the club.

When you see that amazing interview from Urhoghide, it really puts into context how bad FF's attitude is and I can't be the only one who doesn't want to see him play for us again, I hope he leaves this window but doubt it, he's got 6 months of an easy pay cheque to pick up first.

We should have offloaded him when he first spat his dummy out - there was no coming back from that. He can kiss the badge all he likes, you don't bite the hand that feeds.

Guest Ferkorf
18 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

So Bannan was just lying then ?

Was he telling the truth?

Were you there when it happened?

Edited by Ferkorf

To be fair to the fella,  if you get kicked up hill and down dale and don't get protection from the officials, and if you get targeted for diving, and sent off for getting fouled, and fall out with your team mates, then get banned for retaliating to Macclesfield thuggery, then get cleared at court but get banned again, and don't often get picked when you are fit, then get injured, then get abuse from your own fans, then maybe your head does go down a bit.  Love him to bits, but think its time for a fresh start for him and us.  Will always be grateful for the good times but time to move on sadly.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 minutes ago, Striggy said:

To be fair to the fella,  if you get kicked up hill and down dale and don't get protection from the officials, and if you get targeted for diving, and sent off for getting fouled, and fall out with your team mates, then get banned for retaliating to Macclesfield thuggery, then get cleared at court but get banned again, and don't often get picked when you are fit, then get injured, then get abuse from your own fans, then maybe your head does go down a bit.  Love him to bits, but think its time for a fresh start for him and us.  Will always be grateful for the good times but time to move on sadly.

I think Macclesfield are having a hard time as it is with the EFL without being accused of thuggery against a player who has never played against them. lol

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I think Macclesfield are having a hard time as it is with the EFL without being accused of thuggery against a player who has never played against them. lol

lol ha ha yes indeed.  I had typed Mansfield then changed it having read the post above mine.  Good luck to Macclesfield lol

• Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Club should never have over indulged him by improving his contract a short time after his no show v Norwich. 
Yes he has been injured a lot since but I never get the impression that he is busting a gut to get back playing.
He is probably not a bad bloke just I think someone who because of his talent has lived in a football bubble since he was about 14 and never had to grow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Its no doubt his time is probably over but to say he has a poor attitude because he is injured is clutching at straws at best.

We can all see on the pitch hes not what he used to be, hardly to do with attitude though, always got niggles, always played out of position to the point where I can't even remember what his natural position is. Shame really but for those 2 years I'm sure many fans will remember him in ten years time for being undoubtedly the most exciting player they have ever seen as I remember Waddle, Carbone, Di canio etc

Refusing to play v Villa, only did because Loovens talked him into it, barely celebrated when he scored

Refusing to travel to Norwich

Bust up with Winnall 

Bannan's comments about him needing to give more effort in training & in games

Ignoring Weaver and Bullen when he was warming up when they tried to get his attention to come on

Never available around Christmas

I don't think I'm clutching at straws

Edited by gypsyowl
  • Like 1

I would have been gutted had he gone in our first close season since signing him, the Norwich debacle changed my attitude towards him but I still hoped the situation could be sorted (it was an awful way from his point of view of going about getting better terms), in hindsight we should have let him go there and then, he stay since has been a complete waste for all concerned.