Forestieri reaction?

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would you play Winnall Nuhiu or Rhodes ahead of FF on Saturday if he's fit? 

We all know he would be a greater threat. 

I would. His threat as a striker is a myth.

Now if you ask me would I pick him ahead of Harris, Reach or Murphy, that’s a very different matter. 

21 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Was he telling the truth?

Were you there when it happened?

Loyalty is usually an admirable quality but in this case blind loyalty is just ignoring the facts staring you in the face.

Bannan was talking openly about FF’s bad attitude in training this November.

Ignoring the refusal to play at Norwich, spitting his dummy out until he got a new contract, the Winnall incident, other disciplinary issues and injuries - the unwillingness to show the commitment in training is just unforgivable.

Managers and other senior players usually don’t call out players publicly so it has to be a serious issue.

FF has not repaid the Clubs loyalty to him on or off the pitch for 3 years. 

Monk knows hard work and togetherness are key factors in getting out of this league. The comments about commitment don’t fit that model. 

Monk won’t tolerate it thank God. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I would. His threat as a striker is a myth.

Now if you ask me would I pick him ahead of Harris, Reach or Murphy, that’s a very different matter. 

His 40 league goals say different. 

Agree that he's a different proposition now, but there's no doubting his ability. 

He probably could do with a fresh challenge to relight his fire. 

5 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

His 40 league goals say different. 

Agree that he's a different proposition now, but there's no doubting his ability. 

He probably could do with a fresh challenge to relight his fire. 

1/4 of those were scored playing wide, where he is truly prolific.

Its a team game and we simply don’t score or win when he plays centrally. Can Monk find a way to turn that fact round? Possibly, but hard to imagine so.

22 hours ago, SiJ said:

He's a bit of non-entity and has been for a while. 

A bit of a luxury item that occasionally shows up and then vanishes for several months. 

Having led a pretty nomadic existence, it seemed like he had finally found a home with us. 

As it is, it's felt like a bit of a loveless marriage ever since the whole bikegate fiasco. 

Made a good living by playing well in a small number of games. Makes you wonder if it is the clubs who are the mugs. Wonder how many games he has started in 10 years.

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Well he’s got about 4 months to prove us all wrong.  I don’t think he’s got the gumption to even do that. He’ll just fade away in a whimper.  Shame because he’s still got 2 or 3 years in him if he got his act together.

So reminiscent of how things ended with Benni Carbone, seems to have very similar questionable attitude too. 

51 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What do they offer?  Remind me of startled rabbits caught in the headlights. 

They dont offer a great deal. But they offer more than anyone else we have in our squad. Who else besides those 3 would you play up front?

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

1/4 of those were scored playing wide, where he is truly prolific.

Its a team game and we simply don’t score or win when he plays centrally. Can Monk find a way to turn that fact round? Possibly, but hard to imagine so.

That’s just not true.

We beat Newcastle away with FF up front arguably one of the best teams we have faced in the championship since we came up.

Carlos predominantly played him centrally away from home where wins and goals are harder to come by.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Loyalty is usually an admirable quality but in this case blind loyalty is just ignoring the facts staring you in the face.

Bannan was talking openly about FF’s bad attitude in training this November.

Ignoring the refusal to play at Norwich, spitting his dummy out until he got a new contract, the Winnall incident, other disciplinary issues and injuries - the unwillingness to show the commitment in training is just unforgivable.

Managers and other senior players usually don’t call out players publicly so it has to be a serious issue.

FF has not repaid the Clubs loyalty to him on or off the pitch for 3 years. 

Monk knows hard work and togetherness are key factors in getting out of this league. The comments about commitment don’t fit that model. 

Monk won’t tolerate it thank God. 

Well cheers for that 22 hours after I posted a sarcastic comment but I guess you didn't understand that lol

Edited by Ferkorf

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Ask our vice captain

I did he couldn't be bothered to explain his comments. Had a bit of a bad attitude towards me when I waited at his gate this morning

10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

They dont offer a great deal. But they offer more than anyone else we have in our squad. Who else besides those 3 would you play up front? 

Hutchison, lees., anyone in the under 18 and 23 squads, the ball boys, anyone who happens to be walking past the ground. The elephant outside the South stand. Me and you. 

• Haha 1