Forestieri reaction?

Still think if he could get a run of 10 games upfront with Fletcher or as a front three he'd still be a better option than everyone else we have upfront.

Form is temporary class is permanent, but maybe I'm clutching at straws and need to learn to let go!

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Still think if he could get a run of 10 games upfront with Fletcher or as a front three he'd still be a better option than everyone else we have upfront.

Form is temporary class is permanent, but maybe I'm clutching at straws and need to learn to let go!

That’s the problem we all know what he can offer 

It’s the hope that kills you 

I bet every manager he has played under feels the same about what he can do but I think Monk is More in touch with the players and their foibles and will not stand for any funny business or lack of effort in the camp , 

19 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

You could probably say that about Winnall though too. He started to look like he was getting there after a couple of games then missed a few again with another setback. Fletcher had a similar problem, but had been brilliant this season till getting injured again. 

Were still reaping the rewards of signing cripples and prima donnas under Carlos unfortunately Nando is probably one of the most technically and creative ones, but shares a bit of both traits. 

Guest Ferkorf
25 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Yep I’m not on owlstalk 24/7 and I think you made 2-3 comments that didn’t look sarcastic.

I must have misunderstood your sarcasm. 

Oh sorry mate didnt realise you were a part timer.

Lol

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would you play Winnall Nuhiu or Rhodes ahead of FF on Saturday if he's fit? 

We all know he would be a greater threat. 

He might be 'fit' but when he is he's likely to need half a dozen games to get match fit. I doubt he would be a match winner for us at Leeds.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I've given up on him. 

Complete waster for last 2 and a half years. Time to go Fernando. 

2 hours ago, York_Owl said:

That’s just not true.

We beat Newcastle away with FF up front arguably one of the best teams we have faced in the championship since we came up.

Carlos predominantly played him centrally away from home where wins and goals are harder to come by.

You repeatedly refer to this ONE match as evidence that FF works well for the team as a striker. TBF you could probably stretch to 8-10 games.

But taken over his five seasons here it hasn’t worked. Our goals scored and points taken with him in that role are abysmal. Especially in recent seasons.

Hes a wide player. Take a look at the positions he takes up when he plays striker. He gives up in the centre after 10 mins and goes back voluntarily to where he plays most effectively, wide and deep.

Edited by Holmowl

42 minutes ago, prowl said:

He might be 'fit' but when he is he's likely to need half a dozen games to get match fit. I doubt he would be a match winner for us at Leeds.

That's my point we would be better off playing FF when he's unfit than any of the others. 

Not saying that FF is that much better its that they don't contribute enough to play in the forward role. 

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm talking about going forward if FF gave a worse performance than those three have been producing recently then he should retire. 

You are thinking in terms of him as an individual player.

I look at the team, and him up top is a no-no over a run of games.

Id love him starting or sub bit only in a 433 or a 442 where he plays wide.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You are thinking in terms of him as an individual player.

I look at the team, and him up top is a no-no over a run of games.

Id love him starting or sub bit only in a 433 or a 442 where he plays wide.

No I mean the forwards we have are not worth playing.  Can't see the point of playing any of them on Saturday.

Pray to God that Fletcher is back. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No I mean the forwards we have are not worth playing.  Can't see the point of playing any of them on Saturday.

Pray to God that Fletcher is back. 

Leeds hate Nuhiu.

Rhodes’ record against Leeds is fabulous.

There’s your pairing imo.

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Made a good living by playing well in a small number of games. Makes you wonder if it is the clubs who are the mugs. Wonder how many games he has started in 10 years.

Games          Goals          Years

Malaga loan from Udinese              19                 1              2009-2010 (Not all of 2009 though).

Empoli loan from Udinese               19                 3              2011

Bari loan from Udinese                   28                 2              2011-2012

Watford loan from Udinese             14                 3              2012-2013

Watford                                           66                 17             2013-2015

SWFC                                            120                39             2015

Total                                               266                65

He's shown over the past few seasons he simply lacks the intelligence to play as a striker. 

He gets under the feet of a bigger man like Fletcher or runs over the top of strikers like Rhodes. It’s like playing with two individuals upfront, very disjointed.

He’s consistently shown his best form out on the left. Any notions of him making it as a centre forward is wishful thinking. 

On 08/01/2020 at 09:37, gypsyowl said:

Not sure when his Christmas break is over, probably next month but it'll be interesting to see how our fans react to him, honestly I'm absolutely sick of him and his poor attitude.

Great player technically, probably on bar with Bannan for our most gifted player, But even when he's declared fit, he strolls around with his sleeves over his hands, head down, no reaction if we score a goal. That time when he was warming up and ignored Bullen and Weaver made me so angry. We've made him a millionaire and he's just completely took the mick out of this club since he refused to get on that bus in August 2016. No doubt he'll produce the odd moment of quality between now and May but I can't wait for him to leave the club.

When you see that amazing interview from Urhoghide, it really puts into context how bad FF's attitude is and I can't be the only one who doesn't want to see him play for us again, I hope he leaves this window but doubt it, he's got 6 months of an easy pay cheque to pick up first.

Assuming he not only has pretended to be injured but also that would require monk and other staff to be complicit says more about your poor attitude towards our player 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You repeatedly refer to this ONE match as evidence that FF works well for the team as a striker. TBF you could probably stretch to 8-10 games.

But taken over his five seasons here it hasn’t worked. Our goals scored and points taken with him in that role are abysmal. Especially in recent seasons.

Hes a wide player. Take a look at the positions he takes up when he plays striker. He gives up in the centre after 10 mins and goes back voluntarily to where he plays most effectively, wide and deep.

But that’s what a number 10 does. They play off the main striker dropping deep to link play and/or running the channels out wide.

They are never going to be a prolific goal scorer themselves but create goals for the main centre forward or number 9; very much like Beardsley with Lineker for England and Shearer for Newcastle or even our own Paul Williams running the channels for David Hirst. And there in lies one of the problems when Forestieri has played centrally we have never had a Lineker or Hirst type of centre forward at 9 we have often had Someone like Nuhiu.

• Haha 1