Brighton - Wednesday (FA CUP) OMDT

Guest Ferkorf

I cant see anything other than a pure asswhooping being handed to us today.

I don't think we have got a striker that can score other than fletcher so if he isn't playing Brighton are getting a clean sheet.

Its ok monk ringing in changes from the last two performances but I don't think the likes of Pelepessy and co are cut out for championship level let alone Brighton away.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

0-0 stalemate since I could never put us to lose lol

Scene of one of the greatest performances in the shirt, Loovens play off semi second leg.

First half like rourkes drift as our midfield laid out the carpet for Brighton to attack at will. The number of blocks and tackles he made in that first half stopped a hammering. Hutch then comes on at half time, Glenn gets the slippers on and lights a cigar and Brighton don't lay a glove on us. Absolutely magnificent, what a player he was.

• Like 2

One small token of appreciation - a laughing face being my particular choice today - doesn't seem quite enough for dear old Snoots and this OMDT. Thank you x 1m old bean, a splendid effort.

Truthfully expecting an old fashioned Cup Upset today, a 3-0 win for the Wednesday is my prediction. I am fully aware it's the hope that kills ya by the way...:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

My take on that thorny topic of team selection ... for what it's worth  :mellow:

Dawson is an asset but I'd prefer Westwood in goal - that's assuming he's fit

Palmer looks more effective on the left, but Fox is playing well enough to keep the shirt

Odubajo at RB then?  :sad:

Unless Iorfa is given a run there - his recent phenomenal form at CB seems to have (temporarily?) deserted him

Besides, I have faith in a LeesBorner partnership

Bannan is the first name on the team sheet while Hutchinson is Mr Solid & Dependable (unless he's out through suspension)

Although Luongo (when fit) might weigh in with more goals than the pair of them combined

Personally though, I want a formation that sees Lee play every week  :ph34r:

Perhaps in place of Reach?  He's Hot 'n Cold personified, without the Hot.  Although I don't agree with those who think he's become a nervous wreck

Murphy gets more game time than his form merits - a condition of his loan?  If it were my choice, I'd send him back anyway  :dry:

Harris is our live-wire - joint-2nd name on the team sheet - but he's gone off the boil a bit, or else the opposites know how best to deal with him now

Fletcher is our other joint-2nd name (maybe even pushes Baz for 1st?).  His form is often better that his goal-scoring though, that's like waiting for a bus

So who partners Fletch up top?

Rhodes?  I can't shake the notion that Forest away was a fluke

Winnall?  No shortage of effort but lacks quality.  A couple of goals might be good for confidence, but it didn't work for Jordan and he got three!

Forestieri?  IN MY DREAMS!!

It has to be Nuhiu then, and not by default either.  He has to be one of the most consistent performers in the whole squad

He's good for the team and he'll weigh in with goals against any opposition.  He'd be my 4th name on the team sheet, so there  :tongue:

apologies to Joey ... he'll probably play a blinder today   :biggrin:

Why assume the Fletcher-Rhodes partnership at Forest was a fluke?

They’ve only been paired for half an hour since and they had several narrow misses in a game otherwise devoid of chances for us.

Fletch hit post. 
Rhodes flick header just wide

Fletch free-kick

Both a stud length away from stabbing home Murphy’s cross.

Im really optimistic about it working.

• Like 2

Thanks MiLord. A good summary of where we are at I think.

I don't have much hope for this game but then a bit of FA cup magic might happen?

Either way, if we win I will be delighted but if we lose I'd not be too disappointed.

Do they do replays? Because selfishly I'd like to have seen this at Hillsborough.

Happy New Year all you lovely Owlstalkers (and you unlovely ones as well :biggrin:).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

Looking forward to the game today, love the 3rd round weekend, it’s one of the best traditions in football. Great night out in Brighton after.

You doom and gloom merchants make me sick, try getting out more

"Doom and gloom merchants". Well good for you mate.

Seriously, did you actually watch the last three games? There aren't enough swear words in the English language to describe the performances.

Brilliant m'Lud. Suspect there must be a bit of abstinence (voluntarily? time of year etc) to be so level headed about matters.This decade business confuses me 

do we start counting from 0 or from 1.? Whichever way we are At the end of a decade now or at the beginning of another. Best wishes to all at the Manor.lol

3 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

My take on that thorny topic of team selection ... for what it's worth  :mellow:

Dawson is an asset but I'd prefer Westwood in goal - that's assuming he's fit

Palmer looks more effective on the left, but Fox is playing well enough to keep the shirt

Odubajo at RB then?  :sad:

Unless Iorfa is given a run there - his recent phenomenal form at CB seems to have (temporarily?) deserted him

Besides, I have faith in a LeesBorner partnership

Bannan is the first name on the team sheet while Hutchinson is Mr Solid & Dependable (unless he's out through suspension)

Although Luongo (when fit) might weigh in with more goals than the pair of them combined

Personally though, I want a formation that sees Lee play every week  :ph34r:

Perhaps in place of Reach?  He's Hot 'n Cold personified, without the Hot.  Although I don't agree with those who think he's become a nervous wreck

Murphy gets more game time than his form merits - a condition of his loan?  If it were my choice, I'd send him back anyway  :dry:

Harris is our live-wire - joint-2nd name on the team sheet - but he's gone off the boil a bit, or else the opposites know how best to deal with him now

Fletcher is our other joint-2nd name (maybe even pushes Baz for 1st?).  His form is often better that his goal-scoring though, that's like waiting for a bus

So who partners Fletch up top?

Rhodes?  I can't shake the notion that Forest away was a fluke

Winnall?  No shortage of effort but lacks quality.  A couple of goals might be good for confidence, but it didn't work for Jordan and he got three!

Forestieri?  IN MY DREAMS!!It has to be Nuhiu then, and not by default either. 

He has to be one of the most consistent performers in the whole squad

He's good for the team and he'll weigh in with goals against any opposition.  He'd be my 4th name on the team sheet, so there

:tongue:

apologies to Joey ... he'll probably play a blinder today   :biggrin:

and you were doing so well :D

The lack of pace from those names is just crazy.

Rotation galore today. Fancy a formation change mi'sen. 1 up top couple of wingers backed up by 2 midfielders who wont get a nose bleed in the opposites box. 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 type.