Brighton - Wednesday (FA CUP) OMDT

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Big call from Monk to give the lad his debut,  hope it pays off ,  is that a 3 of Lee Luongo and Joey ?   Murphy and Reach wide ? 

Yep.

Think we are going 451/433.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Fine with that.

Agree, considering the packed schedule of games and poor form happy to give some squad players a run out. Also interesting to see a couple of youth players in the squad again, and one starting.

It's a game we're not expected to win, opportunity for these players to go and stake a claim. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Not too sure Reach should have been left out, needs to play and find his form which has somehow absolutely deserted him 

I think with Reach, to his credit he has a good engine in him. Not exactly dynamic but runs all day and think Monk likes a more pragmatic wide player away from home to give the defence some cover (I know he cant tackle, but can get in the way to slow them down)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Question- how long can someone be ‘out of form’ before they’re deemed as not very good? 

Who else is there to play though?

Harris needs a rest. 

We have Reach and Murphy.

Either that, or chucking another kid in. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Who else is there to play though?

Harris needs a rest. 

We have Reach and Murphy.

Either that, or chucking another kid in. 

Yeah I get we have limited options, but @Royal_D suggested he needs to find his form again. He’s been out of form for so long my question was how long can someone be out of form before they’re deemed as actually not very good

4-3-3 today then.

Luongo and Lee in a midfield trio, is a combination I don't think we've seen enough. Both have the energy to cover ground around the pitch, and Luongo supplements that with a grittiness and ability to get into goalscoring positions, whilst Lee's intelligence and ability to look after the ball is something we miss at times. 

Odubajo must be injured, otherwise he'd have been a shoe-in to start. I'd imagine Iorfa plays right back, and Urhoghide slips into his favoured position alongside Borner.

I'd have liked Reach to have been given a rest, but with only three wingers in the squad, Monk can only rest one of them, and Harris is perhaps more in need of a break.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Yeah I get we have limited options, but @Royal_D suggested he needs to find his form again. He’s been out of form for so long my question was how long can someone be out of form before they’re deemed as actually not very good

Until we get better, we've got to hope he can turn it around.

He is so off the pace this season though.

Frightening how bad he has been..