What’s the point in playing Rhodes?

He obviously didn’t have anything to do with Cardiff’s goals l but he contributed absolutely nothing when he came on. He had a 10/10 game when he got his hat-trick but what’s the point in playing someone that has one good game in 30?!!  

He’s over 6’ tall and built well but puts himself around like a schoolgirl. 

...and you can fvvck off if you say we don’t make chances for him because the ball went into the box enough for him to fashion at least half a chance. 

• Haha 1

We did not create a single chance for him, we use him as a number 9 and our long ball style does not suit him, nor Dave who does not jump, nor a natural number 10 like Winnall.

When you have weal characters like Lees, Palmer and possibly Fox you will struggle.

Reach is an absolute disaster, he has the engine and the physical body to do the job but simply pulls out of any physical challenge,  he is just going through the motions. 

Players with character like Borner are dropped and we play one up front at home! Bannan eclipsed again despite all he has to do is get us forward because he certainly never has helped defensively, waste of a shirt but I suppose the forward thinking better link man and better tackler called Lee is left on the bench.

Kadeem Harris now confirming what I saw pre season no brain and poor decision making.

Garry Monk has to do much better.

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

he’s had 30 mins in each of the last two poo house performances where no one can come out with any respect and you pick him to shout at rather than anyone else?

Nuhiu got slated on here the other day because we threw away 3 points when he wasn't even on the pitch when we lost it...

• Haha 1

I genuinely think the Rhodes goals at Forest were due to some kind of wierd freak time-loop passing through Nottingham.

Everything he's done for us before or since has been so poor.

Check him out in the training/warm ups though... he's like a bloody machine hitting the back of the net. 

Wierd.  Needs moving out fast, he's taking up the space in the squad of a youngster who would be so much more effective.

28 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He obviously didn’t have anything to do with Cardiff’s goals l but he contributed absolutely nothing when he came on. He had a 10/10 game when he got his hat-trick but what’s the point in playing someone that has one good game in 30?!!  

...and you can fvvck off if you say we don’t make chances for him because the ball went into the box enough for him to fashion at least half a chance. 

I’ve seen him up close and he wouldn’t frighten a mouse. He’s about as physically imposing as Larry Grayson was.

Edited by Frazzlebeak
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hese finished, a spent force, think his contract is up end of season, another one that will drift into obscurity.

32 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

he’s had 30 mins in each of the last two poo house performances where no one can come out with any respect and you pick him to shout at rather than anyone else?

What did he contribute? Name one single thing. He’s doesn’t even contribute in ways where you need no natural talent.  For example, every single player should get stuck in at the very least; Bannan and Harris are 6” shorter than Rhodes and look to be two stone lighter yet both contribute more physically than him. 

Id love Rhodes to prove me wrong but, sorry, I just think he’s rhubarb. 

13 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

You could have stuck drogba and ibrahimovic up front and we'd still be here now. There was not one quality ball in the box all game and I'm including the corner we scored from in that.

Rhodes has a chance to compete against Cardiff’s keeper a couple of times but neshed it. 

11 minutes ago, poite said:

Funny how it's JRs fault. Had our defenders not been asleep for the first 15mins we'd have won 1-0

I stated clearly in my opening post that Rhodes wasn’t at fault for Cardiff’s goals. 

44 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Was he taken off after 30 minutes at Stoke ?

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Rhodes has a chance to compete against Cardiff’s keeper a couple of times but neshed it. 

I stated clearly in my opening post that Rhodes wasn’t at fault for Cardiff’s goals. 

TBF I wasnt really making that comment against your original post. Mainly just at the comments in this thread generally