What’s the point in playing Rhodes?

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

No your right he played 59 mins against stoke, and he wasn’t very good. But like I said no rascal was. 

out of curiosity is it your new hobby to follow my posts and pick bones? I don’t think you have ever debated sensibly with me once. It’s always a dig, bit odd tbh 

No but you are a easy target to be fair 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

you see if I could be arsed I could probably pick 90% of your posts apart, but I would class that as sad as fizz.

Each  to their own I guess. 

What exactly was wrong with my previous post asking if he was taken off after 30 mins ?

You are a paranoid mentalist with keyboard Tourette’s syndrome 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I could say the same about every player in the past two games and most were on the pitch longer than him.  You clearly do t like him I get that but to pick him out today after yet another poo house performance by players on the field for two and three times longer than him is just barmy. 

...but it’s not just the last two games for Rhodes. It’s been almost every games he’s played. 

I honestly believe that any young athletic lad sat in our stands today that is a half decent footballer could contribute as much as Rhodes does. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

because the on

y time you reply is to try and point out mistakes or have a dig, but if it makes your sad life a bit happier go for it.  

like I said it’s very sad but I’m glad to help you improve your day. 

Like I said paranoid 

nobody is following you around but in nearly every thread you are having a row with someone 

weird 

He runs around like a wet fart.

Lets be scientific about this condition, 

I think he sh1ts  himself before the game starts, and he runs around with a soggy bottom,

if we could help him stop sh1tting himself this would help,

so if any one out there knows how to stop a bad run in games lets hear it, I'm sure he would be grateful.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I’ve seen him up close and he wouldn’t frighten a mouse. He’s about as physically imposing as Larry Grayson was.

agree ive stood next to him and reach when they took there tops off before putting shirts on to come on as subs. they are both very skinny so where this physical thing comes from? cause there defo not that. id sooner we get shut of a few in jan and rebuild ,we are nowhere near good enough at min. get losers like forestieri out ,players who laugh at us who pick up a huge wage for doing absolutely naff all. monk needs to act and sort this all out or he will start coming under pressure , the subs today were very odd , when palmer went off why didn't odobajio come on? I don't rate him as a defender but he could have carried ball forward ,why didn't borner start? very odd .we cant defend at min and he was our player of season until his injury. 

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

...but it’s not just the last two games for Rhodes. It’s been almost every games he’s played. 

I honestly believe that any young athletic lad sat in our stands today that is a half decent footballer could contribute as much as Rhodes does. 

Do you seriously believe that?

Sam Allardyce wrote an article in the football league paper last week basically saying that Jordan Rhodes needed to change his style and do much more than lurk in the penalty box if he wanted to succeed.

Now I am not a fan of SA but I think he is spot on with his comments, at times it is like playing with 10 men when you have a player like Rhodes in the team.

Obviously it's not Rhodes fault we lost today, just a shocking team selection from the man in charge.

Guest LondonOwl313

Rhodes can only play in a partnership in a team that gets the ball in the box, otherwise he’s anonymous. We only have one striker in the squad who he can play off so he might as well sit at home until Fletcher is back.

53 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Do you seriously believe that?

Yes. Rhodes is barely going through the motions at present and has been the same for a long time with the odd exception. 

Rhodes is playing in front of Bannan - a player at the top of his game, a player with supreme vision and a player that creates chances with beautifully threaded passes yet Rhodes cannot even take advantage of that benefit. 

• Haha 1

I agree Rhodes looks like a spent force, but would still like to see him given more opportunities to play alongside Fletcher.  I don’t think it’s fair to ridicule him by suggesting someone currently playing for the Fox & Duck could turn up with his boots on a Saturday afternoon and no one would notice the difference.

As for Bannan, lovely player at times, but a team that relies on him so heavily will never get promoted.

We don’t create chances full stop other than when we are allowed to deliver the ball into the penalty area from a set play. Wimbledon Mark 2 we are fast becoming (without the physical presence!)

We have little self belief and players are too scared it seems to run with the ball and take people on or even show for the ball. Our wide men in particular play too narrow and don’t seem to want the ball when we regain possession.

All too often it’s sideways and backwards. Stoke was a disaster. Any chance we got to break quickly we dilly dallied and let them regroup.

Contrast that with Stoke who benefited from our mistakes by moving the ball quickly. Their first goal resulting from this and likewise they should have had a second just before HT when Dawson saved frutiously with his legs as they broke.

From someone used to the free flowing football under Atkinson with attacking full backs and wingers - we just don’t gel as a team.

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

We don’t create chances full stop other than when we are allowed to deliver the ball into the penalty area from a set play. Wimbledon Mark 2 we are fast becoming (without the physical presence!)

We have little self belief and players are too scared it seems to run with the ball and take people on or even show for the ball. Our wide men in particular play too narrow and don’t seem to want the ball when we regain possession.

All too often it’s sideways and backwards. Stoke was a disaster. Any chance we got to break quickly we dilly dallied and let them regroup.

Contrast that with Stoke who benefited from our mistakes by moving the ball quickly. Their first goal resulting from this and likewise they should have had a second just before HT when Dawson saved frutiously with his legs as they broke.

From someone used to the free flowing football under Atkinson with attacking full backs and wingers - we just don’t gel as a team.

And yet we have two of the best passers in the division (Bannan and Luongo) in our midfield They can both spot a pass, but other than Forestieri, we don’t have a forward clever enough to make the runs As a result, we look to either, hit it long for Fletcher to scrap for, or to try and get it out wide, to wingers who operate on their weaker foot. Being on their wrong foot, they generally turn back, and loft it in with their stronger foot. It’s too limiting, but we have the midfielders to play a different way, but they need more movement ahead of them