Fox linked with Champ teams

14 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Yes it's clearly agent talk but interesting none the less.Part of the reason we need to keep him (and Palmer) is the poor quality of full backs in general in the Championship. Its not only us who have struggled to get decent full backs in in the last couple of years. There are very few out there. Now he is showing a decent level of performance we need to keep hold.

Good point. Both Palmer and Fox have developed into solid Championship full-backs, which might just be enough for us right now.

Are there many standout fullbacks in this division this season?

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good point. Both Palmer and Fox have developed into solid Championship full-backs, which might just be enough for us right now.

Best rated are Dalsgaard at Brentford and Bell at Blackburn. Thing Dalsgaard had a really good first half against us but was poor in the second against Harris. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

image.thumb.png.ec0cbd3baf0d3aff4012f325d94a1021.png

From a different source. Not many I would ditch ours for having seen quite a few against us tbh. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

image.thumb.png.ec0cbd3baf0d3aff4012f325d94a1021.png

From a different source. Not many I would ditch ours for having seen quite a few against us tbh. 

When Darnell Fisher -he of the fish thrashing about on the gravel at the side of the pond impression- is amongst the divisions best backs there's something wrong with the world.

Always thought he played reasonably well as a left back, however when's he played more of a wing back he did look truly awful,. 

Offer a contract in January he will be fine if we don't go up  and a value on him if we do and decide to let him leave. 

What we have learned about Monk is that he is a pragmatic, do the basics right, type of manager.

Obviously not seen Penney for a while but not sure he is a good enough defender for Monk

Clubs will be looking at players coming to the end of their contracts looking for bargains, hopefully we are doing the same.

Think we will probably offer Fox a new deal 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

True, but id be bringing Penney back and getting someone else in (on Loan) if possible.

Fox has worked hard and improved but we have to start turning over players better. If West Brom want him they can have him at a profit.

Penney isn’t fit to lick Fox’s boots from a purely defensive aspect.
No coincidence, he’s been an ever present this season. Bang solid performances. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Now that we appear to have a decent scouting network, I’d now trust us to find a more than capable replacement for buttons. I’d cash in if a bidding war ensues...

Guest Jack the Hat

Remember the semedo masks. Can’t we get a fox mask and stick it onto odebajo and flog him instead? He’s a full back - the cheque will have cleared before they realise!

Edited by Jack the Hat

Clearly a non-story / agent fishing. 
If it was true his departure would leave us with Palmer, Moses, Iorfa, Penney, Baker to cover at full-back. 
Bearing in mind no one has a had a good word to say about Fox until the last couple of months the logical thing would be to sell and recover some of our investment.

Consider also that after all the stick, abuse and booing he’s had to endure he may well not want to re-sign. 

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Now that we appear to have a decent scouting network, I’d now trust us to find a more than capable replacement for buttons. I’d cash in if a bidding war ensues...

Rhodes hat trick

Bidding war for Fox

WHAT IS HAPPENING??????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Where, who and for how much are we going to get somebody to replace him. Full backs as every position don't grow on trees. We arent going to get much better based on his current form. A replacement will cost much more than we will get for him unless Monk unearths another Iorfa.  Realistically it's unlikely we will be splashing much cash in January. Monk will have to work with what he's inherited in the hope we scrape a top 6 and win a playoff and get out of the grips of EFL. 

This year will be about consolidation and go next season if the EFL get their claws into us. Everything is dependent on the EFL decision. Sickening, as I believe we have a real chance of top 6 even with current squad. 

Hopefully Monk and DC will have a plan A and plan B to cope with any eventuality.

Meanwhile, onwards and upwards.

As I stated in my post ON LOAN and bring back Penney. If we can seriously make a profit on Fox then we should be taking the money. Whilst I agree with much of what your saying we have to start doing better business. Getting money for people in Jan who are out of contract in the summer is a must if we can.

12 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Penney isn’t fit to lick Fox’s boots from a purely defensive aspect.
No coincidence, he’s been an ever present this season. Bang solid performances. 

He could be with game time and a proper manager, remember he's only ever had Jos at senior level.

But again, get someone in on loan and getting money (profit aswell) on Fox is a no brainer