Fox linked with Champ teams

I'm not sure, his wages won't be huge to carry to the end of the season and as out of contract in the summer, teams may think they can get a bargain. 

In good form, a position where we have limited cover, so not sure we'd be looking for a bargain price, out of contract or not. 

He's improved, albeit from a really low base. Puts some good crosses in.  A bit slow for a fullback.  Positional awareness could do with more improvement. He's doing ok, happy to see him continue to improve.  He deserves his place in the team on current form.

He's doing well tbf. 

If he keeps up this level of form, then I'd have no issue with us offering him a new deal. 

I would still want us to bring in some competition at LB though. We are a bit light there, though Penny might be an option at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

He's improved, albeit from a really low base. Puts some good crosses in.  A bit slow for a fullback.  Positional awareness could do with more improvement. He's doing ok, happy to see him continue to improve.  He deserves his place in the team on current form.

Still our best defensive left back, has been for 3 years. People still don't appreciate how good his covering across the back is. He's a top 6 championship left back, always has been. And no I'm not just saying that now, I've been backing Fox and Palmer for years. Now that we've been playing with a proper focus on shape and players covering each other under Bruce and Monk we're seeing what full backs playing as full backs can do. They were always good enough, they just had FF or McGeady or some other half arsed winger in front of them who makes one run back and everyone thinks they provide good cover.

• Haha 3

Deserves his spot at the moment but he has improved from awful (for the best part of 3 years)  to decent for 3 months.

Nothing against the lad and fair play to him for the improvement he has made but we have been suckered like this before and if these reports are true and someone offers a decent amount then i would take it.

Yes it's clearly agent talk but interesting none the less.Part of the reason we need to keep him (and Palmer) is the poor quality of full backs in general in the Championship. Its not only us who have struggled to get decent full backs in in the last couple of years. There are very few out there. Now he is showing a decent level of performance we need to keep hold.

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Yes it's clearly agent talk but interesting none the less.Part of the reason we need to keep him (and Palmer) is the poor quality of full backs in general in the Championship. Its not only us who have struggled to get decent full backs in in the last couple of years. There are very few out there. Now he is showing a decent level of performance we need to keep hold.

Might be something in this. 

People were raving about that Cash lad at Forest prior to Saturday. 

He got absolutely rinsed by Harris time and time again. 

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Out of contract at the end of the season and playing well. However, if we can recoup or gain on what we paid for him in January would be a good deal.

Selling in Jan is all well and good if there was someone to come in and take his place. 

As it is, he's our first choice left back. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Selling in Jan is all well and good if there was someone to come in and take his place. 

As it is, he's our first choice left back. 

True, but id be bringing Penney back and getting someone else in (on Loan) if possible.

Fox has worked hard and improved but we have to start turning over players better. If West Brom want him they can have him at a profit.