Fox linked with Champ teams

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

I missed the Tidman era.

I moved to NYC in 2003, and theres... Lot's to do at night…

Well..The Blackpool game..he made rickett after rickett...then went down in his own penalty area...with the express intention of getting carried off...I think he just wanted a blanket over his head....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Sterland copped a fair bit, when he first started ....It always happens when the teams not doing well...never done it meself..its daft...Even when Ola Tidman pretended to be unconscious in the LDV against Blackpool....

Worst Ive seen was for Tidman when he came on in a night match..I think  at Peterborough away....I forget who the keeper was that got injured...did his knee taking a goal kick...Ola runs on infront of the Wednesday terrace..I was embarrased..it was up close personal and bloody ridiculous

Shirtliff did too.

He always seemed to be miskicking clearances, but what people didn't see was that the pitch had wide 'sand-slits' to try and help drainage.

Trouble was it was like playing on corrugated sheets!!

agent talk again . but he is worth a new deal as I doubt he will be a high earner.  is chansiri in the country though as I doubt any new deals would be done unless he is here,. remember seeing joao around cosmos with chansiri probably agreeing for him to leave without a handout in reward for some extra noodles on his plate. don't think chansiri does his business by fax ,think he prefers face to face when it comes down to contracts etc.  

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

If someone offers £1.5m it'd be interesting to see what we do.

If he hasn't been offered or got a new deal in place by Jan 1st think we have to sell him. We let too many go for peanuts or hold on to them too long.

Isn't that low? you seem to have a bidding war

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Sterland copped a fair bit, when he first started ....It always happens when the teams not doing well...never done it meself..its daft...Even when Ola Tidman pretended to be unconscious in the LDV against Blackpool....

Worst Ive seen was for Tidman when he came on in a night match..I think  at Peterborough away....I forget who the keeper was that got injured...did his knee taking a goal kick...Ola runs on infront of the Wednesday terrace..I was embarrased..it was up close personal and bloody ridiculous

Chris Morris got hounded out..it was awful towards the end... I know for a fact that Howard Wilkinson was frustrated with the crowd for that..

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

2 million and he’s theirs. Bring in Lazaar on loan to replace him. Sorted.

Lazaar ?  What we want him for ?  physios want some overtime or sommat ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Lazaar ?  What we want him for ?  physios want some overtime or sommat ?

Far better player than Fox but I guess you are right. Maybe a fitter player available on loan 

16 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

If someone offers £1.5m it'd be interesting to see what we do.

If he hasn't been offered or got a new deal in place by Jan 1st think we have to sell him. We let too many go for peanuts or hold on to them too long.

12 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Isn't that low? you seem to have a bidding war

Exactly had his name not been Morgan Fox and he had been a new signing in the summer making the left back position his own like he is nobody would be dreaming of selling him especially not for 1.5m. 

Trouble is people just think oh its Fox, he is rubbish. Let's get rid and get a new full back in. And he will be much better. 

But it doesn't work like that does it. chances are we wont get better.  Was Odubajo better than Palmer? 

We have no need for a new left back as far as I am concerned so unless its daft money then why bother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For what it’s worth, I think we might struggle to keep Fox depending on who comes in for him , he’s had a rough time with the majority of fans and I don’t think he will forget that in a rush if he gets an offer that appeals to him 

Liam Palmer had a u-turn when he re-signed last time, wanted out for a while

6 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Far better player than Fox but I guess you are right. Maybe a fitter player available on loan 

Shame Monk didn't get Pedersen whilst with us instead of Birmingham, looks a very good LB for £2m or so.

Lot of optimism about Matt Penney been good enough at this level isn’t there ...   

Need to see a bit more from him I think personally, not exactly torn it up before Injury at St Pauli has he