We just dominated Derby County

39 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Sums it up. We’ll still be in this league next season basically. 

Well obviously . Ignoring the probably points deduction we aren’t good enough to go up . That isn’t news . 7 points from 9 . What the hell do you or anybody else expect ? 

several proper lobbers on here tonight 

Agree, Derby were there for the taking last night. We did indeed dominate them first half, and should really have scored more goals However, they do have a good home record, and they were always going to have a better period in the game. They got that break which turned the game, had the momentum, and we were perhaps lucky in the end not to concede a second. 

Its a worry that we again collapsed in the latter stages, and we really need to keep the ball better than we currently do. Better still, start taking a few more of the chances we create

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yes, yet again, we threw two points away.

But we’ve just dominated Derby County away from home.

We are nearly there. Nearly a very good side.

Monk is almost there. Frustratingly short of the real deal. There’s still 25 games to go, and I see us getting stronger, not weaker.

In any season a point at Derby is a top outcome. Let’s bank it and look at Forest as a decent chance for three points.

Im very happy with where we are.

How many times have we been the better team and not come away with 3 points though? Almost every week it's the same discussions.

I do agree, we are so close to being a good side - and lets face it, we're not going to compete for top 2 so as long as gradually improve as the season goes on that should be enough to compete for a playoff spot. Let's be honest though, Derby were poor, very poor and that first half we should have put 2/3 past them...i find it hard to believe they've only lost 1 game at home all season based on last night BUT as you mention a draw away vs our bogey team will do. 

My biggest worries after last night are still;

-We are creating chances but not putting them away, ANOTHER game where if we'd been able to convert when we were on top would have walked away with 3 points.

-Conceded yet again in the last 10 minutes, 6th time this season i think this has happened now? 

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Monk is almost there. Frustratingly short of the real deal. There’s still 25 games to go, and I see us getting stronger, not weaker.

In any season a point at Derby is a top outcome. Let’s bank it and look at Forest as a decent chance for three points.

Its the depth on our squad thats holding us back. Apart from having 2 dozen centre halves we have lack of options up front and on the wings. Centre mid is ok but could easily do with a refresh. 

9 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

But Derby are a weak side this season...the worst I’ve seen at Pride Park.

Sadly we aren’t nearly a very good side. We are a bit above average, very limited in places and mentally weak as a team.

What makes you say they are mentally  weak ?.....

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

Well obviously . Ignoring the probably points deduction we aren’t good enough to go up . That isn’t news . 7 points from 9 . What the hell do you or anybody else expect ? 

several proper lobbers on here tonight 

I’m happy with our points total - the players can’t do much better. 

In an ideal world though we’d not drop points late on in games and sneak into the top 6.... whilst dragging out the EFL situation as long as possible. 

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Derby’s home form is far better than Forest’s.

But both Forest and Bristol City will be miles above Derby this season. If we can get 4 points from the next two games then I will be a bit more optimistic. But we just cant hold onto a lead and that will ultimately cost us.

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

dominated Derby,,,,and drew...same story as many a game this season...our game management is shyte...thats down to M onk surely..?

10 hours ago, billyblack said:

Its the depth on our squad thats holding us back. Apart from having 2 dozen centre halves we have lack of options up front and on the wings. Centre mid is ok but could easily do with a refresh. 

crap strikers bud,same prob as last couple of seasons....

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

What makes you say they are mentally  weak ?.....

Just the number of times we lose points from winning positions and the fact we can’t seem to pass and control the ball when the the going gets a bit tougher in periods of the game. 
They seem a good bunch of lads, but ruthless winners they aren’t.

46 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Just the number of times we lose points from winning positions and the fact we can’t seem to pass and control the ball when the the going gets a bit tougher in periods of the game. 
They seem a good bunch of lads, but ruthless winners they aren’t.

No and not one are Monks signings 

On 11/12/2019 at 23:07, Holmowl said:

What you mean is We've just dominated Derby County for 30 minutes. We proved that we could. Then we just stopped trying to attack. I'm not happy at all. 

It's so frustrating to see what we're capable of and then allow teams like Cardiff and Derby to take over.

It seems to me we’ve changed our approach to games

Not too long ago we started games at walking pace, went a goal down then came out second half looking more interested and battled for a draw.

Now we set off at full speed, score a goal then allow the opposition to come at us for the inevitable equaliser or winner