We just dominated Derby County

Yes, yet again, we threw two points away.

But we’ve just dominated Derby County away from home.

We are nearly there. Nearly a very good side.

Monk is almost there. Frustratingly short of the real deal. There’s still 25 games to go, and I see us getting stronger, not weaker.

In any season a point at Derby is a top outcome. Let’s bank it and look at Forest as a decent chance for three points.

Im very happy with where we are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

But Derby are a weak side this season...the worst I’ve seen at Pride Park.

Sadly we aren’t nearly a very good side. We are a bit above average, very limited in places and mentally weak as a team.

Unbeaten at home for 8 games. We nearly beat them.

• Like 1

Correction.

We dominated Derby for 30 minutes and threw two points away.....again.

Does seem that our ageing squad struggle to play two games a week with real intensity.

So disappointing after the way we finished on Saturday and started tonight.

I accept we could have got another goal when we were on top first half hour but at the game it felt like we were under the cosh second half.

Right from the start of the second half when their bloke headed over we were under pressure.

Might be I’m just a nervous old bloke

• Haha 2

I thought Derby were shocking tonight and a good side (let alone very good) would have beaten them with something to spare.  We are kidding ourselves if we think this season is going to have a positive outcome (unless that’s avoiding relegation).  Time and again we show ourselves to be capable but ultimately ordinary I’ve tried hard to get excited about this team but being honest I’ve found much of this season to be pretty boring.  

Just now, Blatter said:

Correction.

We dominated Derby for 30 minutes and threw two points away.....again.

Does seem that our ageing squad struggle to play two games a week with real intensity.

So disappointing after the way we finished on Saturday and started tonight.

This. We dominate until we score and then completely change our play. As Ferguson used to say if you are playing to defend then only one team is going to score and also the old chestnut best form of defence is attack. 

Why do we seem to fault to string two passes together when we start winning games and constantly put us under pressure. Not sure who is to blame here, manager or players or both. 

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I thought Derby were shocking tonight and a good side (let alone very good) would have beaten them with something to spare.  We are kidding ourselves if we think this season is going to have a positive outcome (unless that’s avoiding relegation).  Time and again we show ourselves to be capable but ultimately ordinary I’ve tried hard to get excited about this team but being honest I’ve found much of this season to be pretty boring.  

We’ve just gone DWWD.

We are close.

Thought it was a typical Wednesday performance. Only played for one half of the game. Took a lead and lost the lead in the last part of the game. Once again  it left me frustrated. 

On top of that i thought we were going to break the voodoo curse at Derby but sadly as with many other games this season we just cant get the second goal and kill the game off. 

Its the difference between a team that wins promotion and a team who is yoyo'ing for the play offs.

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes, yet again, we threw two points away.

But we’ve just dominated Derby County away from home.

We are nearly there. Nearly a very good side.

Monk is almost there. Frustratingly short of the real deal. There’s still 25 games to go, and I see us getting stronger, not weaker.

In any season a point at Derby is a top outcome. Let’s bank it and look at Forest as a decent chance for three points.

Im very happy with where we are.

The slow slide has started Im afraid, lose on Saturday and we will be out of the running.  Thrown too many points away.

Unless we spend which we won't in January we will fall away.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The slow slide has started Im afraid, lose on Saturday and we will be out of the running.  Thrown too many points away.

I disagree.

WBA and Leeds are gone.

But out of Forest, Preston, Cardiff, Fulham, Brentford, Bristol C, Millwall, Derby....we can easily finish top four from that lot.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Slow slide ?

a point away is always a good point 3 at Charlton better 

get a grip ffs

8 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Derby are 9th from bottom.  Let’s not delude ourselves that playing well tonight indicates a sign of success.

If anything that just makes it more galling that we’ve chucked 2 points away to mediocre opponents.

Derby were very poor tonight but have lost once at home this season and they are usually a home banker against us regardless of form so that is a positive.

Got to say it was another frustrating game though and agree that we have let 2 points slip away. The penalty was as soft as they come but we invited them back into the game. I thought the substitutions were poor.