• Murphy
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Rhodes
    • Reach

42 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Hutch was immense but I thought he was gone in the first 5 minutes with that tackle on the edge of the box.

Fletch was great, and 2 Goals, but I went for Fox. I think he’s going to be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 player and end up being a crowd favourite. Just like Buxton, an iffy start to his time here but in the end reliable.

That tackle on the edge of the box was tremendous!!! Won the ball but made sure he went in hard enough to get man after. Leave his mark. Brilliant challenge !!

decent game between 2 teams who'll be in the mix come may  , we just about shaded it probably due to brentfords lack of ambition once they went in front until going behind …..some good performances from fox ,iorfa, hutch, harris  but fletch gets my vote as he was the only one who looked a goal threat . 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 nothing to do really but why does he go to his knees when players shoot? Second game in a row. Weird

Odubajo 6 ok but not good enough 

Iorfa 8 amazing again

Lees 7 played well but left footed clearances were poor

Fox 7 his crossing is getting better. Still worry when players run at him

Harris 7 appalling first half, excellent second half

Bannan 6 not one of his better games 

Hutchinson 8 outstanding but lucky to stay on the pitch 

Murphy 5 I don’t rate him. So lazy

Nuhiu 4 awful today but not really fair as many were in the first half

Fletcher 9 brilliant performance.

Rhodes 7 overall good. Some good runs but offside a few times and two weird passes to their players. Much better than I expected 

Reach 5 the boy has no confidence at the moment 

Luongo 7 I really like him

Awful first half, excellent second. I know people on here like 4-4-2 but I thought we got it wrong first half. Would have been better with Luongo in. However it worked second half and Rhodes helped stretch them which game more space for Fletcher and the wingers. Credit to the boys for the second half though but still a lot of work to do

For me Mom was Hutch today. Along with big Dom, they were the only 2 players that turned up in the first half (although thought fox was solid to be fair) and both maintained that in the 2nd. 

Big improvements from the rest in the 2nd half and was delighted with fletchers contribution in the end. Pleased to say I thought Rhodes made a difference and happy to see Monk acknowledge just hope poor we were in the first half and not hide from that fact. 

Think we miss Borner at the back as he offers much more on the ball and in a 2 bannan and hutch can cause our own problems as both way to deep at times (although lack of movement from front 4 didn't help, which is why I'm always pleased to see Lee and Luongo play as they truly move all game). 

Dawson 6. Nothing really to do, but thought his kicks were a bit jot off the mark. Was pleased to see him berate Murphy for losing his man as a keeper should do. 

Moses 6. Generally solid, with a few mistakes. Think he just seems to have a rik in him.

Iorfa 8. Was imposing and everywhere he needed to be today. Looking a great player. Was close call with Hutch. 

Lees 6. Solid defending in the main. Still terrible on the ball. Miss Borner for me. Having Cbs who can step forward causing the opposition problems. 

Hutch 8. MoM. He was everywhere. Won the ball, ran with the ball, left, right, centre, up front etc. Immense. 

Bannan 6.5 one good ball in the second half. Terrible corners (again). Sat too deep with hutch empting our midfield. For me can only lay in a 3. (not popular opinion that I know) 

Murphy 4. Apart from his first run was terrible. Both forward and backwards. 

Harris 7. Was missing in the first half (like many) but involved in most of our good play in the second. 

Dave 4. Was the usual dave we see. No flashes of brilliance or link up play with fletcher. 

Fletcher. 7.5 Thought he was unusually frustrated and poor in the first half. Magnificent in the 2nd. If he'd have been better in first half could've been MoM. 

Rhodes 7. Looked lively and helped stretch their defence with better forward runs off the shoulder. 

Reach 6. Got a couple of challenges in today and the odd run. Hard to get too much into the game to impress. 

Luongo 6. Solid when on for Hutch. 

Team performance in first half 4. No movement, pressure, composure, ability. You name it we didn't have it. Second half 8. Am glad Monk got into them and makes a change having a strong second period. I'd have made more changes, but his definitely worked today which is what we want to see. Now we need 90min performances to keep a playoff dream alive (subject to the EFL of course haha) 

• Like 1

Iorfa is superb. Definitely 1 for the future. Can't believe Kyle walker was this good at stain in his debut seasons. Iorfa lightening quick and just keeps getting better and better. Can't fault his work rate and attitude. He gets stuck in even when other players are not. If maguire can play for England then iorfa has a really good chance. We will need to be promoted soon to keep him. Hopefully we will be able cash in if we cannot keep hold of him 

I’m old fashioned in that I expect my centre forward to cause opposition defenders every time he plays, and also score goals, and Fletcher did that very well.

As I’ve said before, all Scottish players are crap apart from those that play for us and Fletcher, Bannan, and Palmer should all be winning Scottish caps on a regular basis. The fact they’re not all playing for Scotland at the moment shows us that Clarke is from the Jos Luhukay school of management. Bloody clueless.

That said, I went for Iorfa. What a problem we have in January trying to keep him. Played his nuts off again. Love him.

Dawson - 7 Didn’t have much to do but sensed a new confidence and presence with him in the net 

Odubajo - 4 Careless with the ball, always out of position. The new Jeremy Helan. The only role I can see for him is as a substitute winger. Bring him on last 10 mins to stretch defences.

Lees - 7 Solid 

Iorfa - 9 MOM Numerous decisive tackles which kept us in it. Colossus in the air, and bailed out Moses on at least 4 occasions. What a bloody player 

Fox - 7 Another solid performance 

Harris - 7 Tried to make things happen. Defences have been doubling up on him the last couple months but always positive 

Bannan- 6  Too careless on the ball for me yesterday. 

Hutch - 8 Tried to make things happen in a turgid first half, with those drifting runs into attack 

Murphy - 5 just Don’t see it with him. Doesn’t try hard enough. Still looks petrified on the ball and has a very weak cross. The kid is almost powder puff 

Dave - 4 Wasn’t coming off for him. Poor game 

Fletch - 9 Would have got MOM if it wasn’t for Iorfa. Our most important player 

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Just watched the 90 and I've gone for Harris.. turned things around with 2 assists and kept looking forward..

I can see the claims for other players tho..

As Smokey once famously sang (almost), “Harris? Harris? Who the f*** is Harris?” 

lol