Fletcher and Nuhiu Partnership

Atdhe has been pretty good this season. He does have very good feet and he is so strong on the ball.

He isn’t gonna score loads of goals, but he must be awful to play against.

Issue is in midfield with 2 up top - if Hutch isn’t available I can’t see us playing Bannan with Loungo or Lee too much 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gizowl said:

Some cloth head  on another thread says Nuhui's goal masked a poor performance, really don't know what some are watching. On a serious note the quality and consistency of crosses needs to be better. The Nuhui disallowed goal, and the goals scored by him and Fletch were all from quality deliveries, for the rest of our attacking dominance the final ball or delivery was poor. But well done today, got what we deserved. UTO

Watch the game back and watch how many times we had the ball in decent crossing positions out wide and he was just strolling on the edge of the box. He should be getting in the box and on the end of the crosses. 

We scraped a win against a team with 13 first team players who have just come up. 

There are positives and I actually think we are playing okay and getting into good positions but we are woeful in front of goal. 

If we have Nuhiu and Fletcher as our strike force for the rest of the season I will be very surprised if we get promoted. 

1 minute ago, jrh said:

Watch the game back and watch how many times we had the ball in decent crossing positions out wide and he was just strolling on the edge of the box. He should be getting in the box and on the end of the crosses. 

We scraped a win against a team with 13 first team players who have just come up. 

There are positives and I actually think we are playing okay and getting into good positions but we are woeful in front of goal. 

If we have Nuhiu and Fletcher as our strike force for the rest of the season I will be very surprised if we get promoted. 

with our current squad, what is a better front two than Fletcher and Nuhiu?

Edited by Holmowl

It's not the front two I'd go with but it appears to be the only two Monk is happy with. It looks like Winnall and Rhodes are out of favour and Forrestieri may or maybe not in Monk's long term plans. There is still some work that needs to be done in the long term but he has what he has to work with at the moment and he's holding his own to an extent?

16 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It's not the front two I'd go with but it appears to be the only two Monk is happy with. It looks like Winnall and Rhodes are out of favour and Forrestieri may or maybe not in Monk's long term plans. There is still some work that needs to be done in the long term but he has what he has to work with at the moment and he's holding his own to an extent?

Forestieri down middle ain’t for me, he was always at his best cutting in and driving at defenders , I know the boy probably wants to play central but I don’t think he’s got it in him at this level 

11 minutes ago, jrh said:

I'm not saying everything is perfect, the days of big spending are gone for the foreseeable, Winnall and Rhodes need moving out which won't be easy ,wouldn't be surprised if we have some sort of embargo in January. My only criticism of today was we didn't always make the best of the promising situations we got ourselves in and that goes for WBA,BCFC, when we did the Wright thing today Fletcher, Dave were there to score and Fessi missed a sitter, but there was several other situations where we should have done better,final delivery and putting the cross in at the Wright moment. The squad we have can't be dramatically changed until the end of the season at the earliest and even then we're going to have to be very prudent. All we can do for now is make the best of what we have and there's things we can do better. 

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Yet everyone was slagging nuhiu off and wanted him dragged off for winnall on the match day thread, some right two faced tw@ts on here 

One good match against some very questionable defending after a sustained, worrying patch of complete farce in front of goal. 

Bravo lads, but wind your neck in. Let's see it continue before we anoint a corner turned, as much as it lies counter to the Owlstawk trademarked bipolar, reactionary extremism.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri down middle ain’t for me, he was always at his best cutting in and driving at defenders , I know the boy probably wants to play central but I don’t think he’s got it in him at this level 

Age is catching up with him,he no longer has that blistering pace that made him a threat out wide,centre is his best position,as he can still motor over a shorter distance

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, jrh said:

We won’t get promoted with the 15 point deduction anyway 

14 hours ago, Royal_D said:

People can slate Nuhiu all they want , I don’t listen anymore 

All I take notice of is what Atdhe does on the pitch,  he’s limited , always has been but anybody who can say he has nothing to contribute to our side is a joker ! He’s a huge part to play in this squad and will nick a few important goals I’ve no doubt whatsoever in the man 

Been through this many times , anybody who can’t see what he brings is stupid . You can’t change stupidity. I thought he was excellent in the second half yesterday 

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Age is catching up with him,he no longer has that blistering pace that made him a threat out wide,centre is his best position,as he can still motor over a shorter distance

It’s the pockets of space he finds, that make him so effective Nobody else at the club can do that 

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

That makes no sense though.

When he had pace he was great wide and poor centrally.

Now he has lost some pace, play him in his poorest position? 

8 hours ago, jrh said:

You'll be surprised then.

lol

We don't even need to worry about their lack of peace anymore as we have pace on the wings to run past Fletcher and Nuhiu