Fletcher and Nuhiu Partnership

Was in the hospitality yesterday, all the Charlton fans around us were all waxing lyrical about "that big lad up front" saying that they had never seen any one quite like him and and that we were lucky to have him. They couldn't believe he's not a regular starter. Personally I thought it was some of the best centre froward play I've seen in a long time for us.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Was in the hospitality yesterday, all the Charlton fans around us were all waxing lyrical about "that big lad up front" saying that they had never seen any one quite like him and and that we were lucky to have him. They couldn't believe he's not a regular starter. Personally I thought it was some of the best centre froward play I've seen in a long time for us.

But if he started every game with Fletch, he still wouldn’t score more than about 15 goals. 

I believe one of the reasons Monk plays 1 up is because he doesn’t have a partner for fletcher who he believes is good enough for that role. If you had a decent poacher alongside Fletch for a season the pair would get 30 minimum. IMO it’s the one main part of the jigsaw we are missing. 

2 hours ago, Bukta said:

you must mean Fletcher

2 hours ago, Bukta said:

Was in the hospital yesterday, all the Charlton fans around us were all waxing lyrical about "that big lad up front" saying that they had never seen any one quite like him and and that we were lucky to have him. 

I've edited what I can only presume as a typo, judging by the narrative that was going on yesterday :ph34r:

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 3

I've really tried to appreciate Nuhui, but according to many on here I must be an idiot because I just don't rate him.  I was a little disappointed when his contract was renewedin 2018, it's not that I dislike Atdhe as a character, but don't see us being any kind of play-off threat if he continues to play on a regular basis.

He's a useful squad member as things stand, but only because our alternatives up front are pretty limited.  Genuine question - how many people would look to extend his contract in the summer?

It might not work EVERY game.

But it’ll cause teams problems more often than not. It gives teams something to think about and leaves the likes of Harris/Murphy/FF vacant to cause their own problems.

Our main problem for god knows how long is that we don’t persist with any type of line up. We need to stick to a first 11. We need to give Nuhiu and Fletch a run together until at least new year just to see how many they can get. Injuries and fitness permitting.

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I've really tried to appreciate Nuhui, but according to many on here I must be an idiot because I just don't rate him.  I was a little disappointed when his contract was renewedin 2018, it's not that I dislike Atdhe as a character, but don't see us being any kind of play-off threat if he continues to play on a regular basis.

He's a useful squad member as things stand, but only because our alternatives up front are pretty limited.  Genuine question - how many people would look to extend his contract in the summer?

I think you have answered your own question. " Our alternatives up front are pretty limited"

13 hours ago, Bukta said:

Charlton fans are still punch drunk from a sustained League One experience.

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2019 at 16:06, Bouncing Owl said:

Who thinks Nuhiu is playing very well this season? He had that purple patch in the second half of the season the year before last, but this season his overall game has improved. 

It's just highly coincidental that his contract was running out then and it runs out at the end of this season. Only saying like :bullen: