Team for Birmingham

5 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Liam Shaw of the u23's seems to know where the net is.  Think he's out on loan (?(30-day?)) but he seems to have ability.  I'd have a closer look at Jordan O'Brien too.  Neither may be able to do a job this season, but both show ability, and get results in their current assignments, the former being a box-to-box Midfielder, the latter being  a Forward.  I think Borukov could do what Nuhiu does, he's like Nuhiu, only more agile, and a tough lone-frontman is desirable.  

That Borukov sounds a unit. I wonder what his scoring record is like for the U23's ?  He must be scoring for fun, isn't he?

OK, maybe not.:sad:

3 hours ago, Minton said:

No full backs or wing backs? Glad you aren't our manager! WTF:

it becomes a back 4 when necessary with Hutch dropping

59 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

it becomes a back 4 when necessary with Hutch dropping

Except when we get caught on the break an annihilated down the wings.

Name another team that plays without either fullbacks or wingbacks

Really not to bothered about the team but Fessi needs to start we need a spark, some passions, some ability and another goals option.

Do our midfield and attacking midfielders every practise shooting on goal as I would suggest they do, as their return collectively so far has been woeful.

I hear Westwood is carrying a knock so probably Dawson starting, which then means Lees will come in to sure up the defense, for Dawson's  lack of leadership of the back 4.

Dawson

Fox, Borner, Lees, Iorfa

Reach, Bannan, Luonga

Harris, Fletcher, Fessi

Though I hate the 4-3-3 formation Man City and Liverpool play it well but when you have £200m of attacking front line you would play anything well.

If Nuihu starts instead of Fessi then for me it will show that GM both does not have a clue and clearly has a problem with Fessi.

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

Except when we get caught on the break an annihilated down the wings.

Teams get caught in the break all the time and people drop in to cover. This is no different 

You’re looking at it from a rigid point, fluidity is key in football nowadays and you defend from the front 

It's a difficult one for me, in regards to the back 4 lorfa deserves to keep his place in the middle, he's made it his own. He will feel, I suspect, disappointed to be shifted to right back. However for the good of the team I think that's what should happen. 

We were very good v West Brom and don't think we should tinker much, I think Monk is happy with Murphys form now, evidenced by leaving him on Saturday, choosing to sub Harris. 

I don't think Monk trusts FF, people will say he works hard for the team, he does when he wants to and has a chance of retrieving the ball high up the pitch, but I suspect his positioning defensively causes Monk concern. 

I think the team will be the same as West Brom except Dawson and Lees coming in. 

I think getting Lees back in would be a good move. Hopefully he can settle the defence in the final minutes if we come under pressure. Move Iorfa to RB so we still have the height to deal with their attack on set pieces. I have a feeling Monk will go with Fletcher and Nuhiu up top.

Guest LittleG

The only pre-requisite with regards to team selection is that FF needs to be given a chance by Monk and start the game. Unfortunately I think most of us have a strong suspicion that this is not going to happen. 

With enforced changes at the back, not sure well see too many others perhaps? 

Much though I think Lees is a good player, would be reluctant to move Iorfa to RB. His form this season with Borner has earned him a CB place IMO. Odubajo in at RB would be my guess. 

We ll be 4 5 1 or 4 3 3 as usual. Something like:

Trueman

Colin roberts clarke-salter pederson 

Villalba crowley sunjic bellingham montero

Juke.

Best players are probably crowley & sunjic. Montero is rapid if can stay fit.

Bellinghams only just 16 but wont think it watching him. 

Weak link: keeper & maybe clarke- salter in the air. Harlee dean suspended still. 

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Lee Hutch Bannan 

Harris Fletcher Nando

I'd like to see luongo however I think Lee has done the most out of all the middle 3 in the last few games and it is most likely going to be one of those 2 so he keeps his place. Fletcher is one for me who needs to up his game too. He's been poor recently. Difficult one at the back.