First goal you ever saw at Hillsborough

2 hours ago, Statto Owl said:

3. Sat 16 Aug 1970  WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS. 2-3    22nd     23,167   David Ford, Alan Warboys

The complete records  history book as the scorers the other way round...   to be honest I cant give a definitive  answer as I can recall the doog and eustace having a set too in front of the kop and little else about the game .

10th April 1967 - v Man Utd  2-2  Attendance 50,000+ 

I remember we parked in the car park on the left hand side of Herries Road (as you head towards the ground) I remember the ground being floodlit (Wednesday night game I think) and the big illuminated sign at the back of the Kop looking fantastic. Can’t remember who scored for us that night as I was ten and our seats were almost at the back of the south. The noise was “unbelievable Jeff” . Think Torry owl will probably know who scored that night and in what order the goals went in, I wish someone could remind me...all my scrapbooks went in the recycling donkeys years ago.:wacko:

36 minutes ago, sternlad said:

10th April 1967 - v Man Utd  2-2  Attendance 50,000+ 

I remember we parked in the car park on the left hand side of Herries Road (as you head towards the ground) I remember the ground being floodlit (Wednesday night game I think) and the big illuminated sign at the back of the Kop looking fantastic. Can’t remember who scored for us that night as I was ten and our seats were almost at the back of the south. The noise was “unbelievable Jeff” . Think Torry owl will probably know who scored that night and in what order the goals went in, I wish someone could remind me...all my scrapbooks went in the recycling donkeys years ago.:wacko:

some I can remember but usually have to look in the bible for confirmation …...I knew we were 0-2 at half time and a look in the book says we levelled it up thru fantham and Ritchie ...att was 51018 and united won the league 3 weeks later 

Thanks torryowl, I had a feeling Ritchie was playing but thought it was too early for him to have signed for us. I can’t remember seeing any goals that night really...because of course when Wednesday attacked everyone stood up...and I couldn’t see owt!:laugh:

The whole spectacle of Hillsborough under lights was just magical to me...if only I’d known about the 52 years of pain that was to follow:wacko:

• Haha 1

On 16/11/2019 at 11:29, robertowl said:

Football League v Scottish League in early 1950s. Can't remember score. I was v.impressed by the ground though. Had only been to Millmòor before that.A lot of folk there got a free view from climbing up a huge pile of scrap metal behind one of the goals. My dad said,darkly, 

"If one of that lot slips they'll be cut to ribbons".

Since that visit to Hillsborough I've supported Wednesday ever since.

Earliest OT memory?

I do remember my first away game though. It was Mansfield. I can’t remember the score but I do remember that Wednesday fans rioted for some reason. I went with my sister’s boyfriend who was a 17 year-old hooligan That hung out with the EBRA lot (he was probably one of them).