First goal you ever saw at Hillsborough

On 15/11/2019 at 20:55, Emerson Thome said:

And as a special bonus, here are video of the first goals for yours truly (outside of the right boot from Nilsson, lovely):

And Mrs Emerson Thome (a poachers finish from Gary Hooper, not that she'll remember it!)

The weight of the pass for the second goal. 

He’d be an ever present in my FFL  teams. 

First goal I can clearly remember, was because of the utter madness when he scored, I'd gone into the ground for the last ten minutes as a kid,when the gates were opened prior to the end of the game.

I was 9, but had been attending since I was 4 years old.

27th April 1974

ken Knighton against Bolton - Last minute winner.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Clouded in memories here but i think mine was Michael Owen at Hillsborough possibly in our last or 2nd to last season in the Premiership? I was on my dad's shoulders and remember being scared of the drums! The smell of bovril awoke my senses...

First goal i saw attending alone (with school friends) was Adam Proudlock's hat-trick against us where Wolves won 4-0 i think. I still loved it so went the week after and we lost 5-0 to Norwich i believe, 2002-03 season.

Can't remember if it was against Villa or West Ham now, someone of those colours. Dan Petrescu scored in a 1-0 win. Which means it must have been West Ham as he appears to have never scored against Villa.

Chris Woods took me on the pitch because I had a Chris Woods #1 kit on.

Ozzie Owl terrified me.

I was 21 at the time. 

• Haha 1

Can't remember unfortunately.

Earliest memory i have is the Southend game where we won 2-1 to stay in the old 3rd...

Mental scenes and i was on the pitch! Remember it so clearly.

I remember the lads first goal he saw.. Chris Brunt volley from 40 yards Vs Coventry

On 17/11/2019 at 10:03, seanus said:

Relying on a Stato to help my fading memory-firts gamr was 1969 v Wolves-I know we lost 3-2 and Dougan and Eustace were sent off but cannot recall who scored-any help or links to a good source of data?

Alan warboys scored our 1st goal... dont know if it was the 1st goal of the game though seen as we were 1-3 down at half time .

• Like 1