Wednesday - V - Swansea OMDT

Get Voting!  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vulva manage to sneak his remaining Chutney into fortress Hillsbrough?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/19 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

give it up mate he’s the latest boo boy for owlstalk regs. Fox hasn’t given anyone to moan about for a while and hutch and reach aren’t on the pitch atm. 
im surprised so,e posters haven’t blamed reach yet lol 

He isn’t a boo boy he’s just costing points every week and needs to be replaced . He’s been dire every game Leeds aside . I know Wednesday fans seemed to be obsessed with the past but he isn’t good enough anymore 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not just Westwood to blame for that. Poor from Fox giving away the corner and obviously Murphy with the awful clearance 

come on ,  it’s the job to catch the ball , he spilled it like a girl 

3 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

I post this most weeks but it’s getting clearer for all to see. We are a mid table side and pretty much the epitome of one. How anyone thinks this squad can be anything other than that is beyond me. 
Monk isn’t showering himself in glory by picking Nuhiu yet again and leaving Forestieri on the bench. It’s almost as-if he is being stubborn  

I am not sure why you could level much criticism on big Atdhe that half thought he was quality, and I am far from his biggest fan 

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

christ what a joke... he makes a mistake, did you see his save last week & all the stick Jos got for dropping him. He's vocal, controls the area ff get a grip

If you have any ambitions of making the top 6, you simply cannot carry a goalkeeper who gifts the opposition a goal every other game.

Westwood has been a brilliant keeper for us.

This season he has been poor and is getting by on his past reputation.  Always dangerous with an aging player.

Genuine question: How much time do you give Westwood to turn his form around?  How many mistakes until you draw a line?

Just now, kristmace said:

I worry about this. We can't spend without breaching FFP rules so it's going to be gambling on freebies. 

A lot of players are out of contract I think.

If we're in touching distance of the play-offs in January, it might be time to wheel and deal then.  Ship some players out who are out of contract in the summer if we can find takers.  Then use that money to freshen the squad.  

It all just seems so stuffy and familiar, even with the players we brought in this past summer.

Played some really good football that half I thought? Took wind out of us after the goal but before that we looked very good against another top team. 

Westwood needs to own that goal, firstly he doesn’t communicate to Fox, you see Fox rowing with him after putting it out and then flapping at it like that is not the standards expected. If one of our younguns had done it we’d be bemoaning their communication and command of their area.

Still it’s all to play for and we’re due a goal or four! 

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

A lot of players are out of contract I think.

If we're in touching distance of the play-offs in January, it might be time to wheel and deal then.  Ship some players out who are out of contract in the summer if we can find takers.  Then use that money to freshen the squad.  

It all just seems so stuffy and familiar, even with the players we brought in this past summer.

If we are hopelessly mid-table in January, I’d think we should only sign loans, or players, if we can offload. With FFP, we’ve got to be careful.

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

If we are hopelessly mid-table in January, I’d think we should only sign loans, or players, if we can offload. With FFP, we’ve got to be careful.

Agreed.  But if we're only a 3-4 points off top-six, it might be worth trying a bit harder to sell fringe/out of contract players and then reinvest in some fresh options.