Wednesday or Rugby?

2 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Are you hard of thinking or just being deliberately obtuse?

8 of 11 who started the 5th test v Australia were public (paid private) schooled.

7 of 11 who started the World Cup final v New Zealand were public (paid private) schooled.

By DEFINITION, either England team IS MOSTLY made up of ex public school players.

Off topic but OBTUSE, never heard of it until I watched Shawshank Redemption. 

Reyt film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I quite like Baseball..Hate American football and Ice Hockey

I don't mind Baseball but hate their football and Ice Hockey Aand as for Basketball, WTF is that all about? such over-hyped tedious crap played by freakishly tall multi-millionaires with huge egos.

I'll occasionally watch rugby, like tomorrow but rugby league, if they were playing that across the road I'd close the curtains.

I'll be boring and fess up to watching Sheffield Wednesday first and the odd England foot ball game (The Champions League can sod off)

Then Cricket then Formula 1.

9 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Are you hard of thinking or just being deliberately obtuse?

8 of 11 who started the 5th test v Australia were public (paid private) schooled.

7 of 11 who started the World Cup final v New Zealand were public (paid private) schooled.

By DEFINITION, either England team IS MOSTLY made up of ex public school players.

It's pretty inevitable when it's barely played in state schools.

Sooooooo …………………………………..  Let's just consider that if the game of rugby hadn't been invented in Rugby, but somewhere like Bushygap in Northumberland, we would now be watching the Bushygap World Cup. :unsure:

Of course, the two different codes would have still probably developed and we would have the games of Bushygap Union and Bushygap League. Wouldn't it be nice to watch a UK Bushygap game between let's say, The Ecklefeckin Bushygap Rangers from Scotland and the Broadbottom Bushygap Bangers, from Cheshire.

I think I'd enjoy watching Bushygap, but what would be your favourite alternate place for the game to have started off. FFS :bullen:

On 31/10/2019 at 16:17, Mycroft said:

A win and three points tomorrow or beat South Africa? 

What would you choose? 

Three points for me. 

Well i love the rugby. The whole tournament has been excellent. I hope we stuff the springboks tomorrow. 

23 hours ago, katie melua said:

This is a toughie

4 years of rubbing Englands world cup win to the locals who think their nation only need to turn up to win games?? Plus constant references to their defeat being refereed by Nigel he does nothing wrong Owens (yet Wayne Barnes still gets article after article on that forward pass 12 years ago)?

Or 3 points

Given the attitude of the media and the die hard 'everyone must be in silence for the haka' fan club over here, England domination in Rugby, sod that, Northern Hemisphere dominating rugby for years to come will make life very enjoyable over here :)

England lifting the Webb Ellis trophy, whilst Sam Whitelock and co are on NZ90 back from Tokyo would be fantastic for the English immigrants. It's a priority for this Wednesday fan down under

Howdid the NZ media react to the defeat to England and the Hakka incident? From what I’ve read I got the feeling the NZ team were gracious, accepting the better team won. 

20 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Things I like about rugby;

Proper refs that don't get abuse from players, take no prisoners and can control a game

Proper men not diving around like they've been shot even when some of the hits they take warrant it. 

Opposing fans who can sit together and have a beer without wanting to kill each other. 

Respect it teaches kids who play the game from a young age. 

Quite honestly, I think England winning a World Cup in one of the country's popular sports would bring a bit of positivity to the country as a whole, while all our politicians are forkin about. 

I'd take a world cup win and one of the games we're bound not to win at some stage of the season coming tomorrow. 

Doesn't mean I don't love Wednesday. As a big fan of both sports, I just think losing one game out of 46 in the season isn't the be all and end all. Losing the rugby World Cup final is at least another 4 year wait, most likely longer.

Accept not everyone will feel the same, evidently. 

Amen to all your points. Rugby will never be football, it will always be better.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think folk are missing the point...The question was binary...You can choose the 1 option.....I'm sure most of us want BOTH to win...but if push came to shove, came to scrum came to winning goal for Wednesday....?

Its gotta be Wednesday...

Years ago before football became a sanitised product controlled by Sky Sports and some fool called bladdered or summat , I would probably gone for a Wednesday win but hypothetically tomorrow a World Cup win 

but 

we will win both so stop shitstriiing :bullen:

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How can anyone not like the olympics

Olympics is as bad as watching American sport

Cringworthy cr@p

Most stuff in olympics aren’t even real sport

They’ll be playing tiddlywinks next and getting gold medals for it

utter sh!te while simpletons wave plastic flags watching it 

Each to their own but I’ll never watch that pointless rubbish

I would take 4 years of being the World Cup winners over 3 points for Wednesday any day of the week. That doesn't make me any less of a Wednesdayite, I'm just a fan of both sports and can't wait to hopefully see England win a second world cup against South Africa in the morning. 

In reality though we will win both games so the question is moot.