Wednesday or Rugby?

22 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So putting you on the spot Wednesday to lose or rugby to win? One or the other. 

Thats you're only choice.

I opened this thread as a lighted hearted test, when it comes down to it we all have our own preferences.  

England to win and here's why. If the Owls are good enough over the season we will get promoted whether we win, lose or draw on Saturday. The World Cup final is a one off, no second chances. Simple when you really think about it.

12 hours ago, ljhowl said:

Lucky you. As a Kiwi and 50 yr Wednesday fan, after the blxxdy cricket, watching England stuff the ABs last Saturday I started shouting at the TV "it's 93 all over again, it's 93 and Arsenal". And that's how it still feels.

In fairness last weekend was so good for us English because your boys are usually kicking everyone elses backsides. I have to admit I felt a little sorry for your boys in the cricket as I felt we definitely got the rob of the green. Also Kane Williamson came across as a top bloke. If we’d beaten the Aussies under similar circumstances they’d have been whinging like hell.

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

Drivel . ...which of England's cricket world cup team went to public school......off the top of my head I doubt any of them even went to university   ..

I don’t believe Ben Stokes went to public school, but I reckon most of the rest did. It’s not a criticism by the way, just a reflection that public schools coach cricket where as state schools hardly play it at all. I played village cricket for around 15 years and you could spot the lads who’d been to public school straight away as their techniques were so good.

14 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolute chub end!!! 

wether you like rugby or not why wouldn’t you want your country to be world champions at something?

Yeah, you're right - I get that worked up before the England Netball Ladies play in their finals that I can barely sleep, I attach a flag to my car and everything.....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bob said:

England to win and here's why. If the Owls are good enough over the season we will get promoted whether we win, lose or draw on Saturday. The World Cup final is a one off, no second chances. Simple when you really think about it.

No second chances? England have been in the final 3 times in 16 years, that’s about 1 in every 5 years. The final is every 4 years.  And who do you think will be in the final in 4 years? Seeing as only 4 teams have won it I’d have a good guess that England will be one of 4 teams to make the final next time too. 

Wednesday have been out of the top league for 20 years, every season there are 23 other teams who could get promoted instead. To be more realistic that becomes about 10 teams come January time.  England have to win 4-5 matches to get to a final, 2-3 of those will be against weak opposition by their standards.  Wednesday have to play 46 times. 

Personally I would prefer Wednesday to get any points we can get this season and take a chance that England will make another rugby World Cup final in the next 10 years. Wednesday to get promoted in the next 10 years is a lot less assured in my opinion 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

No second chances? England have been in the final 3 times in 16 years, that’s about 1 in every 5 years. The final is every 4 years.  And who do you think will be in the final in 4 years? Seeing as only 4 teams have won it I’d have a good guess that England will be one of 4 teams to make the final next time too. 

Wednesday have been out of the top league for 20 years, every season there are 23 other teams who could get promoted instead. To be more realistic that becomes about 10 teams come January time. 

Personally I would prefer Wednesday to get any points we can get this season and take a chance that England will make another rugby World Cup final in the next 10 years. Wednesday to get promoted in the next 10 years is a lot less assured in my opinion 

Fair points apart from the comment about 4 teams making it to a final.  Lol

Posh boys game lol

Another myth , I was born on. Council estate and I love Rugby Union ,love the ethos and commitment ,love how the supporters can mix in the stands and enjoy a beer together, never hear any raceism,non of this rolling around on the floor feigning injuries balls 

take last week against Leeds there was actually a topic about Joey being caught by a flailing arm and people were wetting themselves that the Leeds guy wasn’t sent off 

pathetic 

Come on England !

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Posh boys game lol

Another myth , I was born on. Council estate and I love Rugby Union ,love the ethos and commitment ,love how the supporters can mix in the stands and enjoy a beer together, never hear any raceism,non of this rolling around on the floor feigning injuries balls 

take last week against Leeds there was actually a topic about Joey being caught by a flailing arm and people were wetting themselves that the Leeds guy wasn’t sent off 

pathetic 

Come on England !

But all that patting each other bottoms in the scrum and having cucumber games in the bar afterwards?    

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf

I've never ever watched rugby in my life till last week when we played new zealand. I've no idea what the rules are but it was quite enjoyable and no rolling around on the floor like pansies..  

Still for me 3 points for wednesday everytime