Wednesday or Rugby?

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

Keep your politics elsewhere.

Commiserations to England from a NI man.

53 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Just worked out that rugby is generally a bit crap. Too many pens and way too much time wasted setting up pens and all the other crap.

They need to stop the clock when setting up the pens etc. totally kills the game.

Its not usually like that. South Africa had a game plan to win the match on penalties.

7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

Some sympathy for that, but support for national sports teams is by no menas the same thing as nationalism, and important not to leave this space to the vermin of the far right.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Some sympathy for that, but support for national sports teams is by no menas the same thing as nationalism, and important not to leave this space to the vermin of the far right.

You’re every bit as bad as he is.

16 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Mini Farages? Wtf?

I'm English and proud of it, always have been always will be. Doesn't mean I like how the countries run or certain things that go off in it.

The problem with this County is the snowflakes, who don't allow you to show patriotism especially at Sporting events.

You keep smiling at the fact that England lost.

Anyway c'mon Wednesday aren't we guaranteed to win now?

Isn't that how this works?

Edited by OWL1969

This morning I was firmly in the rugby camp. 

I’m not going to Blackburn today but if Wednesday are as bad as England were this morning and the cricket team were in the Ashes, I’ll start watching flipping tennis.

Before anyone says anything, pyjama cricket doesn’t count and can fizz off. 

5 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

I’m not going to Blackburn today but if Wednesday are as bad as England were this morning and the cricket team were in the Ashes, I’ll start watching flipping tennis.

It's great watching Tennis when Murray plays.

If he wins he a Brit

If he loses he a Jock

Win win situation. 

Edited by OWL1969

34 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Go on then. What was wrong with the ref? 

Outpowered (and outthought) front 8s leak penalties. Not a pretty sight. 

at scrummage he leaned their way for 75 minutes and they ran all over us.

he leaned our way for 5 minutes and the tide turned our way for that brief period.

not every referee would have seen every call the way he did. yet I saw him coming, as did my two colleagues, all of us mentioned the overriding fact for our 'concern' was he was french, and they have a somewhat 'unique' way of refereeing english sides.

if you want to see an england side tow, appoint a french ref.

no doubt south africa proved the stronger side on the day, a more 'balanced' referee would have made it a more even game.

however, there can be no excuse for our 'childlike' ball handling in the first half.  

6 minutes ago, torres said:

cricket World Cup winners this summer 

probably the greatest sporting nation in the world - but don’t let that stop you being a bell end 

Cricket WC 1st

Rugby union WC 2nd

Rugby League WC 2nd (I think) 

The WC 4th.

Olympics 2nd? (Ok it GB) in medal table (again not certain on this)

Could say nearly men.

I'd much rather say, the greatest sporting nation across all forms of sport.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

we didn't win at that, we just ended up with the trophy.

the umpire being motm, as the ref was today.

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

at scrummage he leaned their way for 75 minutes and they ran all over us.

he leaned our way for 5 minutes and the tide turned our way for that brief period.

not every referee would have seen every call the way he did. yet I saw him coming, as did my two colleagues, all of us mentioned the overriding fact for our 'concern' was he was french, and they have a somewhat 'unique' way of refereeing english sides.

if you want to see an england side tow, appoint a french ref.

no doubt south africa proved the stronger side on the day, a more 'balanced' referee would have made it a more even game.

however, there can be no excuse for our 'childlike' ball handling in the first half.  

Typical blame it on the French. 

As a complete novice it was obvious to me that English were outthought and outfought in all areas.  That little lad with the long hair never stopped running and harriering our players.

If that was the England football team the press would be having a field day slagging them off.

Anyway back to real football now.

Just now, Mycroft said:

Typical blame it on the French. 

As a complete novice it was obvious to me that English were outthought and outfought in all areas.  That little lad with the long hair never stopped running and harriering our players.

If that was the England football team the press would be having a field day slagging them off.

Anyway back to real football now.

as you say 'a complete novice'.