Wednesday or Rugby?

14 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

South Africa basically out-Englanded England. England didn't have a plan B and South Africa's Plan A was the same but they just did it better. It's sport isn't it and let's face it Wednesday over the years have been the epitome of inconsistency. Match the top dogs one week; get convincingly beaten by someone in bottom 3 next. I'm sticking my neck out and saying we are a bit different this year with Monk. Don't  roll over and die and are as up for games against the "bottom" clubs as the top. So I'm going for 0-2 to the Wednesday today, Fletcher and finally........Palmer. 

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team on the day won 

I was convinced wales would beat south Africa  and The All blacks would beat England in the semis 

But that's the beauty of sport 

As for Wednesday

Weve started well under monk but we still have serial bottlers getting in the team who need replacing if we are ever gonna be successful

2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Mini Farages? Wtf?

I'm English and proud of it, always have been always will be. Doesn't mean I like how the countries run or certain things that go off in it.

The problem with this County is the snowflakes, who don't allow you to show patriotism especially at Sporting events.

You keep smiling at the fact that England lost.

Anyway c'mon Wednesday aren't we guaranteed to win now?

Isn't that how this works?

Probably time to bring out the old patriotism being the last refuge of the scoundrel quote but for most it’s just a result of the wrapped up in a flag rubbish that they are fed by the born to rule types...

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Maybe and I bow to your superior knowledge but surely the domination in all areas as seems to be the general consensus was the overriding factor.

South Africa were better, but was helped on the scrum and breakdown by an inferior referee who allowed them to commit cynical penalties time and time again without punishment.

Whereas Owens wouldn't have let them do it.

18 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Probably time to bring out the old patriotism being the last refuge of the scoundrel quote but for most it’s just a result of the wrapped up in a flag rubbish that they are fed by the born to rule types...

I suppose your one of the clowns who say we shouldn't fly the St George's flag during the World Cup (or other sporting events) in case we offend anybody. 

Offensive? Flying your flag, in your own country. Only in England. Snowflakes.

Political correctness gone mad.

15 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I suppose your one of the clowns who say we shouldn't fly the St George's flag during the World Cup (or other sporting events) in case we offend anybody. 

Offensive? Flying your flag, in your own country. Only in England. Snowflakes.

Political correctness gone mad.

Who said it shouldn't be flown?  Why is it so important to you that it is flown?  What difference is there by flying it or not flying it?  

Wednesday everyday of the week. I’m fed up of us languishing in this horrible league. 

I enjoy the international rugby but that’s once in a blue moon, Wednesday is a huge part of my life! 

Besides, everyone knows that League it better than Union.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Mini Farages? Wtf?

I'm English and proud of it, always have been always will be. Doesn't mean I like how the countries run or certain things that go off in it.

The problem with this County is the snowflakes, who don't allow you to show patriotism especially at Sporting events.

You keep smiling at the fact that England lost.

Anyway c'mon Wednesday aren't we guaranteed to win now?

Isn't that how this works?

who are the snowflakes that stop you showing patriotism at sporting events?

Much as I love Wednesday, Rugby is played by and watched by a better standard of human being. Players are more humble and honest.

They respect other players, the ref and the sport itself.

Fans mingle and understand that it's just a game. I spent a month in Japan drinking with Argentina Welsh Aussie Kiwi Irish etc etc fans and of course the Japanese themselves. It was fantastic and to be honest way beyond the comprehension of how most football fans understand sport.

The exception to this are the hooray Henry types but they are a pretty small minority tbh.

But anyway let's keep enjoying the nutters, cokeheads racists, cheats and overpaid narcissists who litter our sport.

UTO 

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Who said it shouldn't be flown?  Why is it so important to you that it is flown?  What difference is there by flying it or not flying it?  

Your completely missing the point.

The issue isn'the whether or not the Flag is flown, it is that certain people tell us we can't (or shouldn't) fly our own National Flag in our Country.

If I recall correctly the  clowns telling us we couldn't fly it were amongst others local councils, businesses and I even remembering reading you COULD be fined £50  if flying the flag from your car.

Never mind that though. Another 3 points thrown away.

Edited by OWL1969

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

Your completely missing the point.

The issue isn'the whether or not the Flag is flown, it is that certain people tell us we can't (or shouldn't) fly our own National Flag in our Country.

If I recall correctly the  clowns telling us we couldn't fly it were amongst others local councils, businesses and I even remembering reading you COULD be fined £50  if flying the flag from your car.

I was asking questions seeking knowledge