Wednesday - V - L**ds

1 minute ago, poite said:

What were you watching mate?

Bannan absolutely ran that midfield today. Best I've seen reach play for some time. 

Joey pelupessy did a fantastic job coming in last minute into a very difficult game. Had a very solid game

Agreed.

Especially about Bannan, he was an absolute beast today, a fantastic performance.

8 minutes ago, Statto Owl said:

Tue 1 Apr 1969 H v LEEDS UNITED............ 0-0    12th    34,278

That would have been Easter Tuesday.

I can't imagine that I wasn't there. I saw every home game that season (and many before and after) but I can't recall a damned thing about that one! Strangely, that was only three months after the great FA Cup 3rd Round replay 3 v 1 victory at Elland Road. Maybe that glory masked the memory:laugh:

• Like 1

Entertaining game of football. Fair result in the end. Both keepers made super saves, some outstanding defending and football played. I couldn’t fault a player. Everybody worked their nads off. Pelupessy however, cor blimey. I hope he never plays for us again. No where near good enough. Okay, he makes the odd interception but going forward he kills us. Lee would have given us much more. The defence deserves a special mention as they have been superb. I really don’t know how Lees will get back in the side.

If Leeds are favourites to go up, then we won’t be far behind. Our squad has much more depth that can carry us forward as the season progresses. 
UTO

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Realistically we'd have all take that before kick off wouldn't we.

Agreed, but I felt this was an opportunity missed. For large parts of the second half we pushed them back, Leeds didn't look comfortable. They will be happier with the point than us.

Fletch and Reach fluffed their lines at the wrong moment, but they and the other nine put in solid performances.

The future is bright, especially if we can strengthen the squad in January.

23 minutes ago, A12owl said:

We really only played with 10 men today. Joey was a liability all game. Others were retrieving his mistakes. Had we had 11 proper players on from the start and if we could have added the crowd as 12th man then they were there for the taking today. A full home attendance would have helped. Far too many empty seats.

Is pricing,parking/traffic problems or the sense of "unbelievatity" that we are actually in 3rd position. League table of attendances shows how far short we are of support and consequently income.

Screenshot_20191026-090932.jpg

Think it’s harsh to attack the supporters when it’s the club who have Priced out the walk up support. What initiatives have they don’t to entice people to show? Can’t just ramp prices up to £40 for a game on Sky and expect people to be engaged.