A good time to play the Toffees

Not taking anything away from the numpties performance today, but Everton's manager seems to somewhat besieged. Their away form is dismal and some of the fans want him out.

As opposed to the usual reserve squads we trot out for these games, chance of a nice scalp in front of a big crowd at S6.  Nothing  to lose here, play our best 11 and book our place in the next round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Reckon they will make 8 changes..4/1 us to win seems a lump on no brainer.

I have the lump and no brain though:biggrin:

I to had a lump so know what you're going through but just do what I did and tell her to get a job

7 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Everton just a team of individuals with an average manager.

Can't see them playing their main players, Silva needs them for the league to save his job potentially.

Given that they played pretty much their first team against Lincoln (Richarleson, Sigurdson, Schniderlin, Iwobi, etc.) I can't seem them putting out the kids against us.

Edited by TrueOwl

7 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Everton just a team of individuals with an average manager.

Can't see them playing their main players, Silva needs them for the league to save his job potentially.

I think they could do with winning a trophy. Finishing 7th just won't cut it anymore with the dosh they have spent in recent years. 

9 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I've never really understood all the hype surrounding Marco Silva.

Totally agree - totally overrated.

He talks a good game but rarely delivers and I think he will he gone by Christmas. 

They have some decent players but need a better manager to get the best out of them.

37 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Hope we both put out full strength teams but sadly think there will be lots of changes on both sides.

Wouldn't be as big a scalp as Arsenal but if the game and atmosphere is a fraction of that night it will be a great occasion.

There is the potential of some huge games in the next round if we were to win. 

Man U

Liverpool 

arsenal 

Man City 

chelsea 

Brighton 

United

This is why we should take it seriously in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Everton will play a full team no doubt about it new signing Sidibe will play at RB who’s just won the World Cup with France and they may give Tom Davies a chance centre midfield who the fans think should be playing ahead of Schneiderlin anyway. Hence my name I know a bit about Everton: something similar to this 

Pickford 

Sidibe     Keane         Mina    Digne

Davies    Delph

Sigurdsson 

Richarlison                         Iwobi

Calvert-Lewin

9 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I've never really understood all the hype surrounding Marco Silva.

I haven’t rated him after seeing Everton at Southampton last season where they were dire. Remember I was talking to a work colleague who thought Silva would do well for toffees and I disagreed. 

they’ve spent a lot of money and aren’t really getting value for money since Silva rocked up 

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Some of our players desperately need game time 

We’ll need them for the league campaign and not giving them competitive minutes would be a big miss 

Dawson, Bates, Fox, Luongo, Winnall, Nuhiu..should all start for me

Agreed. League form is still more important, so despite my own thoughts I do think it will come down to what Monk wants to get from the game. Does he want to see the first teamers  play together again but with a slightly different system, does he want to see how the fringe played like Luongo go etc. 

There is Rhodes to consider as well, but he looked lost against Rotherham and he has been out of the picture completely since Monks arrival.