A good time to play the Toffees

1 hour ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Agreed. League form is still more important, so despite my own thoughts I do think it will come down to what Monk wants to get from the game. Does he want to see the first teamers  play together again but with a slightly different system, does he want to see how the fringe played like Luongo go etc. 

There is Rhodes to consider as well, but he looked lost against Rotherham and he has been out of the picture completely since Monks arrival.

Why do we have to consider Rhodes. He is no use to this club.

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think we may start with Nuhiu and Winnall, rest Hutch and Lee...might bring Dawson in.

3-0 us, whoever.

Everton are nervous wrecks. :image:

5 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

They can't be much cop if they get beat by wilder & his merry band of organised thugs.

They will be well up for this game against us.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Why do we have to consider Rhodes. He is no use to this club.

I personally feel he has little to offer, but I’m just pointing out that Monk may feel he wants to see him. It is strange that Norwich regularly brought him on last year and had some confidence in him. Like any Wednesday player, I’d love to see him hit top form, but I just can’t see it

11 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I personally feel he has little to offer, but I’m just pointing out that Monk may feel he wants to see him. It is strange that Norwich regularly brought him on last year and had some confidence in him. Like any Wednesday player, I’d love to see him hit top form, but I just can’t see it

If Rhodes scores 10 goals for us this season. I'll hand £100 over to any charity that Owlstalk cares to nominate.  He would be better off somewhere else - it can't be good for him being here, but if he really wanted first team football, I'm pretty sure he'd take a pay cut and move on. 

Wouldn't make too many changes, probably 4 for me. Dawson, Thorniley, Luongo and Nuhiu in for Westwood, Borner, Hutchinson and Fletch. Think Luongo deserves a chance to start as does Adthe after his recent performances. Then again if we go full strength I'll be very happy, really want us to win this one.

14 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wouldn't make too many changes, probably 4 for me. Dawson, Thorniley, Luongo and Nuhiu in for Westwood, Borner, Hutchinson and Fletch. Think Luongo deserves a chance to start as does Adthe after his recent performances. Then again if we go full strength I'll be very happy, really want us to win this one.

Luongo coming in would be full strength as he imo would be a step up on any of our current midfield 

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Monkfish described the Everton game as 'a free hit' on RS yesterday. Might as well go for it from the off. 

His Swansea squad beat em in the league Cup five years ago. 3 - 0. Hoping he gets us a repeat performance. 

On 21/09/2019 at 22:29, sherlyegg said:

Reckon they will make 8 changes..4/1 us to win seems a lump on no brainer.

I have the lump and no brain though:biggrin:

Did somebody say lump

source-1.gif

7 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

Got to be beating premier league stocking fillers like Everton if we want to stay up once we're promoted.

Since 1995 no club in Europe has spent more money than Everton and not won a trophy, their team on Saturday v blades was worth £317m, everyone thinks money is the ticket to success don’t they?