No pay on the gate against Everton

59 minutes ago, Mark Pembridge said:

Everton fans been given a 10 mile exclusion from Hillsborough for drinking, no Everton coaches are allowed to off within ten miles of Hillsborough other than a pub in Hoyland and Birdwell. 

Sounds like they’ll all be on Leppings Lane with cans then, bizarre from SYP

My mates just sent me the info they’ve been given from Everton 

“There are no designated away pubs near to the stadium and any away supporter coaches looking for a place to drink are being advised to visit pubs en-route in Hoyland and Birdwell. They are within the 10-mile restriction area but pubs there will accept away fans by prior arrangement”

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

There's an option of collecting the ticket if folks haven't got a printer, also is you choose same seat you have for your season ticket there's option of having it loaded on to your season ticket card. This what I did when purchasing online last Friday. 

Problem solved  really. And we save the environment by not wasting paper and power printing...the green kit makes sense now. SUPPORT WEDNESDAY AND SAVE THE PLANET.  Well done DC.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Do supporters in any other sport get treated in such a draconian fashion? 1,000 arrests last year from ALL games, and yet we are still policed like we are scum just waiting to riot.

Of course they don't. We are the last "minority" that can be treated in this way.  Imagine if you put any other word in some of the sentences concerning football fans. "No away fans" outside pubs,  "exclusion zones" for goodness sake.  Trying to stop people walking down certain streets which are public thoroughfares.  Filming people lawfully leaving football grounds.  The people who are subject to this outrageous treatment are, in 99% of cases, completely harmless innocent and responsible members of society. It makes my blood boil.  And, furthermore, in a free society you should be able to decide to go on the night, turn up and pay on the gate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Of course they don't. We are the last "minority" that can be treated in this way.  Imagine if you put any other word in some of the sentences concerning football fans. "No away fans" outside pubs,  "exclusion zones" for goodness sake.  Trying to stop people walking down certain streets which are public thoroughfares.  Filming people lawfully leaving football grounds.  The people who are subject to this outrageous treatment are, in 99% of cases, completely harmless innocent and responsible members of society. It makes my blood boil.  And, furthermore, in a free society you should be able to decide to go on the night, turn up and pay on the gate.

This is spot on. Just because I choose to go to a football match what right does anyone have to stop me eating drinking walking around public places.

Do we treat any other minorities in this way  because it seems we are just treated like crap. Is it lawful with all the anti discrimination laws?

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

This is spot on. Just because I choose to go to a football match what right does anyone have to stop me eating drinking walking around public places.

Do we treat any other minorities in this way  because it seems we are just treated like crap. Is it lawful with all the anti discrimination laws?

They’ll say it’s all done in the interest of public safety..

As a result if they want to isolate us owls, they can 

You would have thought that someone would think why is it that every other town and city outside of Sheffield can handle competently football matches and crowds. We on the other hand seem to go on a war footing for a few hundred fans.

Look at London on Sunday 4 home PL fixtures, I know they have more police but also have a better attitude to football fans.

Football fans can bring millions of pounds to a community over the season.

16 hours ago, Mark Pembridge said:

“There are no designated away pubs near to the stadium and any away supporter coaches looking for a place to drink are being advised to visit pubs en-route in Hoyland and Birdwell. They are within the 10-mile restriction area but pubs there will accept away fans by prior arrangement”

So we will have coaches full of fans from Liverpool getting to the stadium just before kick off....

Haven't SYP learnt anything from history?

13 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Agree if you break the law then face the penalty, if you are going about your lawfully business you should not be hindered.  

18 hours ago, Watto said:

Anyone know how many tickets Wednesday have sold for this? 

I'm not expecting 20,000 , pathetic if so , should be nearer 30k 

Why pathetic?

I have just decided to go, fairly last minute decision because I thought I was going to be away tonight. But I wasn't esp fussed knowing I'd miss it, and if Mrs Wookie hadn't already made other plans might well have decided to stay in with a film. It's scarcely a significant game; and if you're an STH you do get quite a bit of football to go to.

18 hours ago, Mark Pembridge said:

10 mile restriction zone ? only sag and south Yorkshire police could do this. biggest joke police force and ground safety advisory there is . a ground where 3-400 luton,qpr,fulham fans have to be kept apart from home supporters before and after game at a ground not known for trouble in or outside ,with the only trouble when the coke heads come from other end of town who are the 3rd worst for trouble in the uk and who throw fireworks at us at there ground and whatever else they can chuck at us. is that idiot off football heaven in charge of sag the 1 who totally hates us?. 

Edited by handworth52
s

On 22/09/2019 at 07:44, Westfield Owl said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  It’s crap like this that puts people off from going.

The club should be doing all they can to get fans through the gates.  Not making it harder.

Why is it making it harder?

19 hours ago, Mark Pembridge said:

10 mile restriction area :duntmatter:

Only SY Keystone cops could come up with this bullshiete.

Edited by S36 OWL

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Why pathetic?

I have just decided to go, fairly last minute decision because I thought I was going to be away tonight. But I wasn't esp fussed knowing I'd miss it, and if Mrs Wookie hadn't already made other plans might well have decided to stay in with a film. It's scarcely a significant game; and if you're an STH you do get quite a bit of football to go to.

If your a Wednesdayite you look at tonight as a decent game against a premier League side with a chance of getting a win and then a memorable night , Everton are a huge club who are bringing 4500 over , atmosphere should be s good one , I can't see why you wouldn't want to go , oh and its £20 hardly breaking the bank is it?

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

If your a Wednesdayite you look at tonight as a decent game against a premier League side with a chance of getting a win and then a memorable night , Everton are a huge club who are bringing 4500 over , atmosphere should be s good one , I can't see why you wouldn't want to go , oh and its £20 hardly breaking the bank is it?

well, as I say I'm going, and agree the prices are fair...just find it hard to get all that excited about early round cup games these days. I think that's a pity, but then again pretty much everything that has happened to domestic football since 1992 seems a pity to me!

• Like 1