No pay on the gate against Everton

51 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Saw it on advertising boards that game on Tuesday there will be no cash sales on turnstiles so you either need to buy them online or face lengthy queues at ticket office or kiosk outside South Stand.

Is this more SAG Fuckwittery ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  It’s crap like this that puts people off from going.

The club should be doing all they can to get fans through the gates.  Not making it harder.

Hardly. Except for the over 80’s I fail to see the ‘difficulty’ in purchasing a ticket online. 

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Hardly. Except for the over 80’s I fail to see the ‘difficulty’ in purchasing a ticket online. 

Many people don't have printers at home anymore.

Like said if you book concert tickets etc they let you just show the QR code or barcode on a PDF. Believe this isn't possible at S6? Though you can at other grounds. 

Edited by modboy

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

I never said it was difficult.  But plenty of fans won’t have a printer at home to print off the ticket, plenty of fans won’t want a ticket to be posted out in case it doesn’t get to their address in time etc.

Just give fans the option to pay on the gate.  Why the unnecessary self-imposed restriction of trade?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's really not. You don't even need to pick it up you can print it off at home.

It really is the online site was selling them to anyone for about a day and they had to change it to people with previous purchase history after a day. They took 9000 to Wigan in a friendly in August 

29 minutes ago, modboy said:

Still don't see why we can't have a ticket app with QR codes etc 

I don't get why you can't show them the PDF ticket on your phone at the gate. I dont have a printer at home so if Ive decided last minute to get a ticket I'm buggered for that. One of the reasons I forked out for a membership so I can load the ticket to the card...

Weirdly I couldnt even do that for the Everton game. No option but to print it off.

We are still so far behind with stuff like this

Edited by adamnich
Typo

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

I never said it was difficult.  But plenty of fans won’t have a printer at home to print off the ticket, plenty of fans won’t want a ticket to be posted out in case it doesn’t get to their address in time etc.

Just give fans the option to pay on the gate.  Why the unnecessary self-imposed restriction of trade?

Just go to the game and stop making excuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Just go to the game and stop making excuses.

I am going to the game, bought my ticket last week.  The point is many fans won’t be and the club should be doing all they can to get fans in the ground.  This situation of not being able to buy on the gate isn’t going to help isn’t it?

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

I am going to the game, bought my ticket last week.  The point is many fans won’t be and the club should be doing all they can to get fans in the ground.  This situation of not being able to buy on the gate isn’t going to help isn’t it?

Im guessing they would make the effort for a play off final

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, adamnich said:

I don't get why you can't show them the PDF ticket on your phone at the gate. I dont have a printer at home so if Ive decided last minute to get a ticket I'm buggered for that. One of the reasons I forked out for a membership so I can load the ticket to the card...

Weirdly I couldnt even do that for the Everton game. No option but to print it off.

We are still so far behind with stuff like this

Literally the only reason I have a printer in my house nowadays.

I used to have to go to the office at work and use the printer there but they started moaning because it would waste a bucket of ink lol

That being said the ink in my printer drys up after a few month so it costs me a new ink cartridge every new season for the chuffing cup games 

Edited by Ferkorf