No pay on the gate against Everton

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Unfortunately this has been the law of the land for over 2 decades regarding designated football fan coaches so on this occasion SYP/SAG not at fault.

For some strange reason mini buses are exempt from the rule.

Never heard it mentioned before ever over the last 10 years. 

32 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Ask anyone who runs independent coaches pal.

It’s the reason places like Lichfield, Chorley, North Allerton etc are so popular amongst coach travelling football fans!

Good point. Not travelled by coach for years away. Tend to do train as a priority!

On 23/09/2019 at 07:39, handworth52 said:

do you really want 5000 everton fans on our end? joke of a comment . they sold 4500 out within hours they could fetch 10k easy for this game. id rather my kids be safe than having to put up with idiots fighting. 

I genuinely don’t know if you were being serious or sarcastic here.

If you went tonight, did you see any fighting?

12 hours ago, Jaydubz said:

Why is it making it harder?

I agree mate.  Why the f*ck are the club making it harder for the average fan to buy a match ticket on the day of the game!

15 minutes ago, nilsson said:

4 years ago in this competition against Arsenal we had a crowd of over 35,000.

Tonight against a big premier league club who brought 4,500 there was only 21,400 there. 

Both games were priced at £20. Where have all the fans gone?

Apathy has well and truly set in since the heady days of autumn 2015.

Fair play to the 16,000 that turned up tonight; I was one of them.

Those missing supporters tonight, are still fans.  But many are choosing to spend their time elsewhere right now; those stay-aways will be patiently waiting for our club to shape together a team worthy of watching.  And who can blame them?  Tonight’s game was hardly going to get the casuals floating back.

33 minutes ago, nilsson said:

4 years ago in this competition against Arsenal we had a crowd of over 35,000.

Tonight against a big premier league club who brought 4,500 there was only 21,400 there. 

Both games were priced at £20. Where have all the fans gone?

There's less of a feel good factor around at the moment. Also that was the 4th round and we'd have the Newcastle result in the round before which I think really got people going as well. I also think it was the School holidays that week as well, could be wrong there. Sadly I think it might be a long while before we see big crowds like that again. Not just because of the team but SAG and SYP as well doing their best to limit the amount of people attending the games.