Wednesday - V- Fulham OMDT

Just now, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Play a normal back four with seven in midfield and Fletch up front we should be fine. 

And hope the ref is from Barnsley when it comes to counting

Tough game today  they have an unbelievable squad for this level, however form shows they are not invincible. 

I understand the rationale for matching up in 433, but to be frank they have better players. Given monks comments about concentrating on us, like to see 442, winall in for murphy and reach out wide (he can tuck in where necessary to add an extra man to combat their 3).

There will be space out wide we can exploit and 2 to aim for in the box. Matching up should be plan B imo, start the game as we want to play. 

Can see a had fought 1-1, but hope we nick it by the odd goal. 

It’s the first time we’re playing a team with lots of quality. So we can see where we are. Moses worries me, I’d drop him, and put Iorfa at RB and play young Thorniley (regardless of being a life sided half). We look so much better with two up top so hopefully GM goes for that. Although Sky gave Bannan MOTM last week, I thought he was below average and I would start Lee instead. We need somebody who’s going to be further up the pitch. I’d drop Murphy and play Reach on the wing in front of Iorfa. Should be a good game. We need to be up for it as this is going to be a massive test. Play like last week and we’re fluffed. UTO

Ahhh, Saturday morning, best chair in the house, quiet kids, coffee, The OMDT, that's me ready for the day then!!

Welcoming Fulham at home, Monk's first at Hillsborough, got to be a great atmosphere and hoping we build on what we saw last week!! Everybody should be raring to go - COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

21 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

First match of the season for me. 

Flight is feckin delayed. Valuable drinking time lost. 

Hoping for some Monk-y magic. 

Cum on wednzdiz, 

Where do you have to fly from? That's admirable commitment. I sometimes think it's a pain having to get a train and a tram since I moved away!

I reckon Stubbs has gone on his hols!

Looking forward to it too, give us a chance to see how good/bad we are against one of the divisions top teams.

Bring it on.

Would love to see Winnall start, his face, when he scored said it all for me.

Excellent analysis, Snoots. What would we all do without the OMTD on Saturday mornings?

I think it will be a good game today with goals. 2-2. I really think we should play with 3 in the middle today. It’s all well

and good saying we shouldn’t worry about the opposition but most teams play with 3 in the middle for more control and we are up against probably the best team in the championship. I’d like to see Kieran Lee come in for Murphy today. If we go with 2 in the middle, we run the risk of having no ball whatsoever. 

Guest The Horse

Got a feeling Winnall will start.

Monk seemed to be full of praise for him.
If so, him and Fletcher up top would be a good combo. A big / little partnership but both are fighters and aggressive and will thrive off our wing play.

Let's see what we go with.