Wednesday - V- Fulham OMDT

1 minute ago, timrud said:

I would bring Fox in for Palmer, drop Murphy for Winnall,

If we can battle like warriors today we could scrape a 1-0

I agree with your assessment on Murphy/Winnall but drop Palmer?   Not done anything to deserve that and improvement or not, Fox has not done anything to force the issue.

Fulham? People are worried about Fulham? I wasn’t worried about Fulham when they had Macedo and Haynes and later Mullery. The only issue to debate was whether we’d win by four goals or five. I don’t see why I should start worrying about Fulham in my old age. So I shan’t.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MoorfOwl said:

Fulham? People are worried about Fulham? I wasn’t worried about Fulham when they had Macedo and Haynes and later Mullery. The only issue to debate was whether we’d win by four goals or five. I don’t see why I should start worrying about Fulham in my old age. So I shan’t.

Their £40m forward line and creative midfield might be one of the concerns today.  

2 minutes ago, deano said:

Only change for me would be Lee for Murphy. 

This for me too, my line up had Reach and Harris on the wings, Lee, Bannan and Hutch in midfield and Fletcher upfront. Plus last weeks back 4 and keeper

Edited by Owls-Fan

I think how we defend today will be the key . We know we are a threat going forward,  but we are up against the most expensive forward line in the division. Who says those failure payments dont make it an unfair playing field. 

5 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Doubt we would get away with 2 strikers and 2 wingers today, so I'm not expecting an overly attacking lineup 

I'd take a draw 

I remember we used to play 5 strikers, to accommodate them, Whittingham was shunted into midfield!    Other strikers had been moved previously into different positions.    We never did get Keegan as manager.......

Just now, Salmonbones said:

I remember we used to play 5 strikers, to accommodate them, Whittingham was shunted into midfield!    Other strikers had been moved previously into different positions.    We never did get Keegan as manager.......

Not yet ... post-445-0-36343800-1329580461_thumb.png

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think how we defend today will be the key . We know we are a threat going forward,  but we are up against the most expensive forward line in the division. Who says those failure payments dont make it an unfair playing field. 

How well we press will be the key today imo S36..

In a grumpy mood about this one. Relocated to the south because, insanely, I can't get a North seat for my son who is around this weekend and up for it. 

Then reflecting that this is Monk's first home game which is interesting in its way but it's 22 September and his first competitive home game could and should have been five weeks ago. 

1-3

25 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

In a grumpy mood about this one. Relocated to the south because, insanely, I can't get a North seat for my son who is around this weekend and up for it. 

Then reflecting that this is Monk's first home game which is interesting in its way but it's 22 September and his first competitive home game could and should have been five weeks ago. 

1-3

Don’t turn up on the 22nd September though otherwise you’ll be even grumpier.

• Haha 2