System and line up for Fulham

Whichever formation we go for Lees should play if available. Him Borner Westwood with Hutch in front make for a very solid central defence and if Palmer keeps up his standard and Fox/ Moses can step up, I'll tell you what, that's a hell of a base and even the better teams in the division might struggle to break us down.

We might be a bit light going forward and for this reason I'd like to see Reach and Bannan etc.. start to speculate a bit more and have the confidence to have a 25 yard crack at goal. And the pacemen should follow up these efforts in case of spills and blocks. Might be able to nick a few 1-0s against the big names and if we can do that then play offs are a possibility. Slightly excited about this season.

To me, it seems pretty certain he’ll go 4-4-2. He’s played for a while now at most clubs and he used that system Sunday even with having Reach as the 2nd striker. He clearly told Reach to drop onto Hogg where possible when we were defending, but it was a 4-4-2 and not a 4-2-3-1 or whatever. 

So for me he’ll start as per Sunday (unless Lees is fit) or Murphy will be dropped due to his lacklustre performance, meaning he either replaces Murphy with someone (massive long shot - Lees CH, Iorfa RB, Odabajo -RW) like Lee or Bannon who have played RW before, or he puts Reach there and plays one of the strikers (Winnall, Nuihu or Rhodes) alongside Fletch.

Personally, I’m still thinking Luongo will get a run sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

Looking at Fulham recently, I'd want to starve Mitrovic of supply and force Cavaleiro and Knockaert to go down the line.  Probably a 4-1-4-1 for me, although a 4-4-2 could work if the personnel are right.

So 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 for me.  probably 4-1-4-1 moving to a 4-4-2 if we get a good foothold in the game.  Hutchinson is the important player against Fulham.  He has to cut off supply into Mitrovic's feet, whilst also watching the link up from probably Cairney, possibly Reid.  It might actually suit Palmer if Knockaert tries to cut in.  Its Odubajo I'd be worried about, because as Westwood told him on Sunday, get some better boots because he seems to have a problem with players running at him.  Cavaleiro is a big lad too, so I'd probably plump for Iorfa.  The extra height wouldn't go amiss either.  Midfield 4 of Harris, Luongo, Bannan and Reach.  I think Luongo and Bannan are better footballers than Reed and Arter.  Its imperative that Bryan and the RB (is it Sessegnon?)  have to worry about getting sprung.  Of course 4-1-4-1 becomes 4-3-3 very quickly with Bannan and Luongo supporting.

Westwood

Lees                   Borner

Iorfa                                    (Mitrovic)                                           Palmer

(Cavaleiro)                                       Hutchinson                                         (Knockaert)

(Cairney)

Luongo                            Bannan                         

Harris                         (Reed)                                (Arter)                          Reach

Fletcher

(Bryan)                        (Mawson)                      (Ream)                             (Sessegnon)

Simples, 1-0 Wednesday. lol

If Lees is fit to come back in then I agree with this line up ... Iorfa deserves to stay in the team and I'm not yet convinced by Odubajo

5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Monk alluded to how he may potentially be making changes to the formation going forward, we were well organised at Huddersfield, and have managed to keep 3 clean sheets in 7 games which isn't bad, but still slightly disjointed going forward, Reach at the centre of a 4-2-3-1 or as a kind of shadow striker didn't really work we looked far better when he was back out wide.

Monk liked a 4--4-2 at Birmingham but I'd be surprised if we go with just Bannan and Hutchinson in the centre against a team like Fulham, they've had a decent start themselves and with the players they've got I expect them to really kick on as the season goes on, they should have beaten West Brom on Saturday. Can see us going with a 4-2-3-1 with Murphy dropping out for Lee or Luongo. Mitrovic is probably the best centre forward in this league so the centre backs will have to be strong and its very important the full backs stop the crosses into the box which he thrives on.

Westwood 

Odubajo

Iorfa

Borner 

Palmer 

Hutchinson 

Lee

Reach

Bannan

Harris

Fletcher 

Almost works for me, but maybe a slight couple of tweaks. Obviously if Lees is fit we go Lees & borner as the partnership seemed to be coming along well and clicking. 

Also personally away from home I'd go Lee & luongo with hutch in behind and have bazza on the bench for a move stable defendcive platform and use him as impact sub if needed. Reach & Harris out wide will try help the fullbacks out more than Murphy does too. 

So for me assuming Lees is back. 

Westwood 

Iorfa.           Lees          borner.       Palmer

Hutchinson 

Loungo           lee

Harris                                                Harris 

Fletcher

• Haha 1

Keep the same team but bring Lees (if fit) and Winnall into the team, drop Murphy and Iorfa (if Lees is fit). Then move Reach to the wing.

Murphy can't keep his place after that performance, not good enough. Plus we should go for 2 upfront at home personally.

54 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. Afraid they’ll rip us apart with their quality upfront and on the wings 

Maybe but away from home they've lost 0-1 to Barnsley, scraped a 2-1 win over Hudders and drawn 1-1 away at Cardiff. They've only scored 3 in their last 4 in all comps. Nothing frightening. 

33 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Almost works for me, but maybe a slight couple of tweaks. Obviously if Lees is fit we go Lees & borner as the partnership seemed to be coming along well and clicking. 

Also personally away from home I'd go Lee & luongo with hutch in behind and have bazza on the bench for a move stable defendcive platform and use him as impact sub if needed. Reach & Harris out wide will try help the fullbacks out more than Murphy does too. 

So for me assuming Lees is back. 

Westwood 

Iorfa.           Lees          borner.       Palmer

Hutchinson 

Loungo           lee

Harris                                                Harris 

Fletcher

How great would it be if we did have two Harris's to put on the pitch.

lol

• Haha 2

Home to Fulham and away to Boro Id be amazed if we don’t play on the break. Monk will make us hard to beat and be happy to concede possession in the oppos half. With Harris and Reach we can hit them very quickly on the break.

I hope we see:-

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Luongo Hutchinson Bannan

Harris Reach

Fletcher

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Monk alluded to how he may potentially be making changes to the formation going forward, we were well organised at Huddersfield, and have managed to keep 3 clean sheets in 7 games which isn't bad, but still slightly disjointed going forward, Reach at the centre of a 4-2-3-1 or as a kind of shadow striker didn't really work we looked far better when he was back out wide.

Monk liked a 4--4-2 at Birmingham but I'd be surprised if we go with just Bannan and Hutchinson in the centre against a team like Fulham, they've had a decent start themselves and with the players they've got I expect them to really kick on as the season goes on, they should have beaten West Brom on Saturday. Can see us going with a 4-2-3-1 with Murphy dropping out for Lee or Luongo. Mitrovic is probably the best centre forward in this league so the centre backs will have to be strong and its very important the full backs stop the crosses into the box which he thrives on.

Westwood 

Odubajo

Iorfa

Borner 

Palmer 

Hutchinson 

Lee

Reach

Bannan

Harris

Fletcher 

Probably this but may be Luongo instead of Lee.

8 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

with Murphy dropping out for Lee or Luongo. 

After what Ive seen of him this season we could do with him permanently dropping out. The huddersfield ball boys still waiting for his cross to land.

Seems the west brom fan was right about this player. May aswell send him back in January if he doesnt book his ideas up

Very tough game this one. Fulham have some excellent attacking players. Be happy with a draw. Would like to see Luongo come in to the team, put Murphy on the bench, he doesn’t deserve to start imo and could well be more of a threat coming on later in games. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Looking at Fulham recently, I'd want to starve Mitrovic of supply and force Cavaleiro and Knockaert to go down the line.  Probably a 4-1-4-1 for me, although a 4-4-2 could work if the personnel are right.

So 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 for me.  probably 4-1-4-1 moving to a 4-4-2 if we get a good foothold in the game.  Hutchinson is the important player against Fulham.  He has to cut off supply into Mitrovic's feet, whilst also watching the link up from probably Cairney, possibly Reid.  It might actually suit Palmer if Knockaert tries to cut in.  Its Odubajo I'd be worried about, because as Westwood told him on Sunday, get some better boots because he seems to have a problem with players running at him.  Cavaleiro is a big lad too, so I'd probably plump for Iorfa.  The extra height wouldn't go amiss either.  Midfield 4 of Harris, Luongo, Bannan and Reach.  I think Luongo and Bannan are better footballers than Reed and Arter.  Its imperative that Bryan and the RB (is it Sessegnon?)  have to worry about getting sprung.  Of course 4-1-4-1 becomes 4-3-3 very quickly with Bannan and Luongo supporting.

Westwood

Lees                   Borner

Iorfa                                    (Mitrovic)                                           Palmer

(Cavaleiro)                                       Hutchinson                                         (Knockaert)

(Cairney)

Luongo                            Bannan                         

Harris                         (Reed)                                (Arter)                          Reach

Fletcher

(Bryan)                        (Mawson)                      (Ream)                             (Sessegnon)

Simples, 1-0 Wednesday. lol

Be safer if Westwood stood in between his post's!