Preston - V - Wednesday OMDT

Guest domSWFC

That team gives Preston problems. We've got a midfield that can control the tempo of a game there. 

Their fullbacks will very cautious going forward, with Harris and Murphy very dangerous on the counter. 

Not had a defensive outlet like Harris since Antonio. When under pressure he can run and force teams back all on his own. 

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If Murphy plays like he has in the previous first 45 mins we will get mullered with that line up 

I have grave reservations about Odubajo defensively hope he proves me wrong but our right side looks vulnerable 

I’m hesitant to agree that I’m not convinced about some of Bully’s line ups cos I know as soon as I do, we’ll win 6-0.

Edited by theowlsman

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Lack of options lol

We’ve got two out and out strikers on the bench plus FF who can play as a second striker or as a replacement for Harris or Murphy. One of our best players from last season (Reach) can’t make the starting XI and then we’ve got Iorfa and Luongo who’ve both looked more than adequate since signing. Some cracking options on that bench.

We play 4-3-3 with Fletch as the number 9 so where are Rhodes, Nuhiu or FF supposed to fit in? And who would you drop to accommodate them in the system which has got us 3 wins from 4?

Yep, that's a real attacking bench with options. Luongo looks a quality attacking midfielder and a goal threat. I don't think I've ever seen us win at Deepdale. Time to put that right.

5 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

That team gives Preston problems. We've got a midfield that can control the tempo of a game there. 

Their fullbacks will very cautious going forward, with Harris and Murphy very dangerous on the counter. 

Not had a defensive outlet like Harris since Antonio. When under pressure he can run and force teams back all on his own. 

Love your positivity, so plussed you.

COME ON WEDNESDAY let’s maul them in an attractive football way with crosses, shots, and loads of lovely goals.

ps - I think 1-0 to us. Fletcher. I might change my mind when I do the tea leaves later lol

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps a spell out of the team might do Reach some good. Also when he comes on I guess he might play in his natural position. Good option to have on the bench. 

I would have definitely picked the dependable Reach over the hot and cold Murphy for Preston away, but not for one second am I going to criticise Bully for playing such a well-balanced attacking team. Great midfield three, two attacking wingers, and Fletcher at the head. All good for me.

Really hope it works for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If Murphy plays like he has in the previous first 45 mins we will get mullered with that line up 

I have grave reservations about Odubajo defensively hope he proves me wrong but our right side looks vulnerable 

I agree, would have moved Reach out there who has paid the price for his willingness to do a job anywhere for the team.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I would have definitely picked the dependable Reach over the hot and cold Murphy for Preston away, but not for one second am I going to criticise Bully for playing such a well-balanced attacking team. Great midfield three, two attacking wingers, and Fletcher at the head. All good for me.

Really hope it works for him.

One advantage of perhaps starting Reach could have been he is playing against his old club, players usually perform well against ex clubs. However like you saw it’s a very good line up we gave named.