Preston - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 hour ago, Bing Cosby said:

Last time we won at Deepdale garymegson was in charge and Ben Marshall was on the score sheet.

We also beat 'em 2-0 at their place in Wilko's first season

Cup match (Shelton & Varadi)

They say things go in threes, so ...

(Lee & Forestieri)

• Like 1

Preston are one of those teams I have no feelings about, positive or negative. They always strike me as a very bland team.

Anyway, my predictions have all been wrong so far this season, and hopefully I’ll continue today because I’m going for a 2-0 win for PNE. 

8 hours ago, WOLS said:

I'm backing Wednesday to win.  I'll be there with Son 3.  I'm sure sure we can do it.  Not sure if Reach will even be playing  given the wealth  of options we now have in midfield.  I'd like to see Lee playing.  COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Agree, I know we have to be careful with Lee and how many games he plays in a certain period of time but we move the ball quicker, and forward, when he plays. 

14 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If we stick with 4 33 I think we will struggle, need to mix it up a bit 

we need to find a way to get 

luongo lee Hutch and Baz in the midfield 

UTO

That would be crazy, we have no viable alternatives in the squad if one of those gets injured.

Thanks Snoots.

A bit theatrical but.....

Head says we sneaked past Luton and PNE will have more so 2-1

Heart says, stuff all of this Deepdale hoodoo nonsense, I want an Owls win so 0-2.

UTO

Mind you what do I know I've got tickets for Headingley tomorrow.  :cool:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That would be crazy, we have no viable alternatives in the squad if one of those gets injured.

I don’t buy into that if they get injured guff , that’s what a squad is for anyway,Reach Pelupessy Palmer and Murphy can slot in 

we used to manage with your best 11 and 1 Sub

plus the Sub could only come on for a Injured player 

Not too confident today I'm afraid. For some reason we don't do well there and they've found a bit of form at home. 

Have a nasty feeling that this is the defeat (3-0) that crystallises a managerial decision from DC to appoint someone else or back Bullen. 

Heart says we win 1-2 though, so fizz it, let's go with heart over head and a bit of possibly misplaced optimism. 

It’s my first proper league away game with my son today - we are buzzing about going and being involved in the atmosphere - please give us a day to remember for the right reasons. 

He’s watched many celebration videos from away games and is desperate to be involved in one himself 

• Like 3

Guest The Horse
37 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Preston are one of those teams I have no feelings about, positive or negative. They always strike me as a very bland team.

Yep.

As a club they have all the personality of a white bread milk sandwich.

Often get them mixed up with Tranmere - another set of fouling cloggers from the dark and damp north west.

Although it should be sunny even up there today so we should win.

Edited by The Horse
Can't spell. Too early.

Guest The Horse
1 minute ago, MrsHall said:

3-1 Wednesday. Preston are a bag of old minge :tango:. UTO.

That made me laugh far more than it should have!!!
Proper tickled me that!

lol

51 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If we stick with 4 33 I think we will struggle, need to mix it up a bit 

we need to find a way to get 

luongo lee Hutch and Baz in the midfield 

UTO

Yeah I’d definitely consider starting Luongo, but at the expense of who? 

You cant really drop the 2 wingers, so that’s 2 midfield positions gone. 3 fighting for the 2 central spots. Not easy for Bullen 

Murphy sits out? Wouldn’t be my choice but when you consider who the opposition are, plus being away from home 

Edited by FreshOwl

Morning all.

Id be half tempted to put the boy Luongo in there. Today will be a midfield battle.  Person the shitehouse. Gallagher.

Going to be vital for us that Hutchinson  gets a grip on that Daniel Johnson. He can be a real Thorne with those powerful surges feom the middle. What a snip he's been for them for fifty grand. 

Our fans-villain Darnell Fisher could be up against our man Harris today. Oh how I'd love to see him destroyed by Kadeem!.